Getting frustrated

fortyfour

Where do i find my signature editing tools? I think they should be in my profile page.

I can't edit my profile even if i want to. Nothing seems to work in there. Very irritated with all this.

Before i knew i couldn't even do pms before 10 posts or have a signature before a certain point etc, i was trying to do these things. Wherever newbie information is stored, its not very easy to find when one just wants to get started.

I wasted a whole lot of time trying to do my tracker thing only to find that i was too new to have one.

Maybe you could make the info a little more logically accessible to newbies. Or am i the stupidest new member you've ever had.

Well i found most of what i am looking for under quick links. That is not very well named. I found it once bofore by accident and then forgot it. It would be better to call it: settings or control panel.

Quick links is where i would expect to find all the tools and such to help me with my diet.

As it is, i don't know where to find that damned tracker again except that i remember its called the ticker factory. So i'll try that.

To get a ticker into your signature, do the following (if you just want to change your signature, skip the part of getting the ticker, obviously):

Go to a tickersite like and create a ticker.

Once you created your ticker, copy the 'BBCode' that has been created for you. It's usually underneath the image of the ticker you just made.

Open your 'User CP' on this forum. The link is located at the top-left of the page, in the blue bar. Once you get to your User CP, look at the list on the left-hand side on the page. Under the header 'Settings & Options', you will find 'Edit your signature'. Click that.

Paste the code that you got from Ticker Factory into the text-box that comes up, and that should be it, ticker created!

If the option 'Edit your signature' doesn't show up, go to 'Edit Options' in your User CP, and scroll down about half way until you find 'Thread Display Options'. Make sure that 'Show signatures' is ticked.

==========================

To customize your profile page, go to 'User CP' and on the left hand side, in the top box, click 'Customize your profile'. It's a pain to do though, I freely admit.

Last edited:
Thanks San. I suppose i should just have checked all those links at the top. User CP didn't mean anything to me so i didn't check it. I didn't find anything useful in the FAQ either as i recall. I wonder why they put all that stuff under quick links. *sigh*. I though they'd take you somewhere outside the site.

Thanks anyway. I guess now i've found there's not room for everything in my signature so for now, I'll leave out the ticker.

Yes, the signature is unfortunately rather limited, but there isn't anything we can do about that.

I'll see if maybe it will be useful to compile a 'Newbie Guide' or something like that and put it where new members can easily find it. There are some questions (like the one about the signature) that come up on a regular basis.

Glad I could help. :)

It would be a great thing if this forum got a newbie guide. We, newbie are facing a lot of problems.

we do have one, its a "stickied" thread in the newcomers section.....heres it is...

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/t/37248/welcome-newbies-tips-to-help

Back