Gastric Bypass

Natalie2

Hi all,

the other day I watched a report on TV, not quite sure anymore what it was called and what station it was. Anyway, it was a report on the surgery and the effects it can have. If done correctly at by an actually well trained professional it can have really great results. The scary part in this report was, that there are apparently no regulations or laws regarding the education and training for performing the surgery. According to this report a surgeon can receive his/her certificate to perform in a weekend course, even though it is considered one of the more complicated surgeries. It was also said that it takes approximately 100 operations before a surgeon has enough experience and skill to perform this operation. What about the 100 patients he operates on first:confused:. They just have to expect to have problems:eek: Will they be informed before being operated on??? Will they receive a discount???
I think this is taken way to lightly - I feel for all those people that get used as guinny pigs - that should not be allowed - heck it should be illegal as far as I am concerned. They should only get their certificate after they practised the procedure often enough to be really skilled. How dare they practice on living human beings that come to them for help!

Any comments??

Back