Gastric Balloon - Able to still eat loads!

Hi Gloria

I had my balloon in six weeks ago and have lost 10lbs, and am really glad I had it done, as I see this whole process as a lifestyle change.. taking six month to change the way I eat, deal with the triggers that caused me to over eat and also try and set up some excercise regimn. I gave up smoking a week before the surgery.. so been smoke free for almost 2 months!
I dont feel like eating any junk and only eat good calories, so am really commited to my end goal. I have not yet started any excercise program, as I hate going to the gym.. but that is next on my list of things to implement as part of my lifestyle change. I have just bought myself an iPod, and will start with a half hour walk... although I AM on the go all day, AND have been decorating the house so not sitting around by any means. My weight loss is steady, and would like to give it a boost with some excercise.
Also been off alchohol since the balloon.. dont want to waste the calories and figure will probably make heartburn worse!

As you have had such fantastic results, may I just ask, how long have you had the balloon in?

Also, have you had any problem with foul smelling burps? My kids refuse to come near me...

Did you find that some days you get fuller quicker than others?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the type of food I'm eating, or if I've (sorry to get so graphic) had a bowl movement that day.

Speaking of which.. when I do go, I seem to have very loose motion.. Have you had any of these problems?

I had my balloon done in India, and my dietitian says its normal to have foul burps and loose motions????

Have you suffered from any of the symptoms I have mentioned? If so do you have a solution? Please help.. as I feel I'm just a foul GAS BALL and in danger of being a public nuisance!!

Thanks so much.. and so very well done so far.. really inspiring!

Bonny

hey bonny,
i have my balloon in just under 3 weeks and still am finding it trial and error but so far loving the control it gives me over food. :smilielol5:

I have heard from some people that a can of diet coke can clean the balloon as some of the bad smells are meant to be caused by food build up so try this if u want- the fizzy drink can make cause painful wind so move around after u drink it to relieve cramps, have not had the smelly burps myself yet but i suppose when i start eating a more balanced diet i may experience it however last week i ate too much and was violently ill and the reflux and cramps after were horrific so i drank a glass of diet coke and the relief was incredible it settled my stomach lovely.

Well done on ur loss not a minute goes by that i dont cross my fingers this will be the turning point for me.

Ellen:auto:

Smelly Burps

Hi still get some smelly burps or taste in mouth,for first 4 wks had smelly breath but then started 1/2 pot activa (dantone) yaoghurt as advised and 1 glass diet coke drunk very fast in my case and all settled as soon as i introduced this.

I was very constipated not surprising as did not eat much and not a lot of carbs,as they were hard to digest.

Started to have a couple of nuts and raisins daily chewed finely this helped greatly with constipation and upped my water at first could not take much water.

I had ballon in 29/11/08 not always been easy but rang up for advice and solutions when i needed to and listened to my body think at first wanted with my eyes and my stomach rebelled.

Cant beleive i am having it out in18th May, the weekend before i go to Turkey.

Think i choose a great time to have it,both in weather,festives and clothing attire.
dropped from an 18 to a curvy 12 dead pleased with my shape, ditched all the old black clothes,detrimed to work hard to be a weight maintainer.
The real me is here and lovin it
Gloria

:gloria;592068]Hi still get some smelly burps or taste in mouth,for first 4 wks had smelly breath but then started 1/2 pot activa (dantone) yaoghurt as advised and 1 glass diet coke drunk very fast in my case and all settled as soon as i introduced this.

I was very constipated not surprising as did not eat much and not a lot of carbs,as they were hard to digest.

Started to have a couple of nuts and raisins daily chewed finely this helped greatly with constipation and upped my water at first could not take much water.

I had ballon in 29/11/08 not always been easy but rang up for advice and solutions when i needed to and listened to my body think at first wanted with my eyes and my stomach rebelled.

Cant beleive i am having it out in18th May, the weekend before i go to Turkey.

Think i choose a great time to have it,both in weather,festives and clothing attire.
dropped from an 18 to a curvy 12 dead pleased with my shape, ditched all the old black clothes,detrimed to work hard to be a weight maintainer.
The real me is here and lovin it
Gloria[/QUOTE]

hey gloria,
ur experience is so encouraging and i believe that u will keep it off cos as u say this is the way u were meant to be. any advice for me i am having a bad day i am just eating all day i added it up and it close to 2000 cals i am not full at all think i am due my period so that could be the reason for the pig out but its disheartening to think that there may be more days like this, i am going to write it off and start afresh tomorrow but i am disappointed as some days i eat very little and feel uncomfortably full so today is a weird one bit annoyed with myself:ack2:

Hi Gloria

Thanks for the reply. I tried diet coke today and sure enough the smelly burps disappeared!! Thanks sooo much.:hurray:

I too am so glad I had this done, as I have a big birthday coming up at the end of june and there's a good chance I can get back to size 10/12, instead of a frumpy 16!!

I am putting off buying any clothes until I am my goal weight (8st 10lb) I'm 10st 5lbs now. 23lbs to go by my mid August when I have my balloon removed!
Though I have been out looking at clothes and seen so many things I like, and now there is a good chance I can get in to the beautiful clothes! I found shopping so depressing.. but just window shopping now is really fun!.

You must be so looking forward to May... Please keep me posted on how you're getting on, especially how you get on after the balloon.. would love to know how we should expect to feel, post the balloon!.

If I hadnt had the balloon, I would still be coming on and off diets, like I have been for the last five years. I feel like I have finally taken control of my body!

Good luck with your final few pounds.. and thanks again.

Bonny

hey bonny,
i have my balloon in just under 3 weeks and still am finding it trial and error but so far loving the control it gives me over food. :smilielol5:

I have heard from some people that a can of diet coke can clean the balloon as some of the bad smells are meant to be caused by food build up so try this if u want- the fizzy drink can make cause painful wind so move around after u drink it to relieve cramps, have not had the smelly burps myself yet but i suppose when i start eating a more balanced diet i may experience it however last week i ate too much and was violently ill and the reflux and cramps after were horrific so i drank a glass of diet coke and the relief was incredible it settled my stomach lovely.

Well done on ur loss not a minute goes by that i dont cross my fingers this will be the turning point for me.

Ellen:auto:

Hi Ellen

Thanks for the Diet Coke tip.. tried it today and it worked a treat! What a relief I cant tell you.

I too am so so glad I had this done, Instead of starting a new diet every couple of weeks only to put the weight back on! In the last five years, I have been wearing mostly black clothes, mostly frumpy! Got to a point where I dreaded going out in the evening, 'cos I just couldnt fit into anything smart!

I have finally taken control of my life.. and it feels great!

Good luck over the next few weeks, and keep me posted.

Thanks again

Bonny:seeya:

Back