Gastric Balloon - Able to still eat loads!

Slowing down

So far have lost 2k (in first week, this is my 4th week)...I lost weight in the first week - mainly due to sickness, but since I've been feeling better have been eating more and not losing. My doctor and dietician never suggested any specific eating plan other than to have liquids, then mushy food for first few days till I got used to the balloon. By the 2nd week I had got used to it and became very hungry - like my body was trying to make up for the deprivation of the 1st week. She said that my appetite would not decrease but that I should be satisfied with smaller meals and not to snack between meals. I do feel full after a smaller amount, but then get hungry between meals - some days more than others and especially at night.

It's a while till my next doctor appt., so I have been trying to stick to Weight Watchers menu plans for the past week, which seems to be working, as most info I've seen on the Net recommends to follow a diet & exercise plan for the best weight loss. My next step is to get back into regular exercise, so will do some aquarobics at the local pool. Seems ironic that I had the balloon procedure as a last resort so I wouldn't have to go on a diet anymore, but here I am on a diet again! But at least I'm finding it easier to have smaller portions and have lost my desire for cakes and sugary food (for now...)

Hi ALL..:party:

I am having the balloon fitted in Prague next week (friday 27th Feb) by a company called 'prague beauty'
has anyone used them?
It has been great to read your comments, I am only 22 and really over weight. I know The Gastric Band Would of been alot better for me as it was more long term.
If any of you have time can you email me at michellemccormack 320 at y..a..h..o..o DOT ie - there is not spaces or dots except the last one but as far as I know they delete the email address.
I am terrified of this not working, I am so depressed due to my weight and so scared that my life is gonna be cut short because I am over weight so if anyone could help me it would just be great.

Thanks, Michelle. x:Angel_anim:

Im going tommorrow to new you in prague, i will keep you informed xxx

also forgot to reply, Im an emotional eater too....but havent felt like anything this last week and a half, i guess as im still healing and sick.

for me when I finally lose the weight I feel that I wont overeat again, as I will look back at what Ive been through this week!

ive heard hypotherapy works well, let me know if you go for it

how are you getting on now x

Hi from newcomer, Marpic
I had my balloon inserted on 27th Jan, & lost 2k in first week, but this week I'm not so sick and getting hungry all the time, & have put back 1k. I panicked and called my doctor, who suggested to try eating 1/2 serves to see if still hungry, but I was still hungry! She said that my stomach initially closes in around the balloon, but eventually relaxes so I can eat more. But today I felt full again after a small bowl of porridge for breakfast, then had a glass of water and felt really stuffed! So I think the balloon is working again - at least I don't crave stodge - cakes or bread anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

i've had this feeling for the last few weeks im hungry all the time but feel really sick.if i bend over to pick something up i feel like there is something in the bottom of my throat that is trying to come up.my weight like yours went down abit and then stopped.im ringing the clinic today to ask to have it taken out asap.

how are you getting on now x

Im doing good, it will be 6 weeks on friday and I am down 13 pounds. the last 3 weeks Ive only been loosing a pound per week, but at least its not gone up like some people.

I still have my moments where I think 'what have I done' and want it out, but for the most part I dont feel the balloon. I dont exercise much as I find I can feel the balloon when I start to move around a lot.

I have tried so many diets so to be down 13 pounds in 6 weeks is amazing for me and I hope to continue the loss.

i think you just had the balloon put in, how are you doing?

Im going tommorrow to new you in prague, i will keep you informed xxx

Hey Hun, How are you??
Well I decided to go ahead and have the gastric balloon with new-you instead of prague beauty...
So just wondering if you could tell me what its like there, the clinic..
If you can, email me.. my email address is michellemccormack 320 at y.a.h.o.o Dot ie - I have wrote my email ad like this cos sometimes the forums remove them, so there is no spaces and no dots except for the last one :smilielol5:
Be brilliant if you could just let me know, I am having it done on friday so I will only be a week behind you............
How are u feeling now..? :Angel_anim: michelle :Angel_anim:

6th Weigh in

Hi all quick update i had my 6th weigh in today and my total loss is 26lb to date. People are noticing now feeling great. Keep up the good work everyone summer will soon be here Lol.

Hi, i have also had my balloon for just over a week, i have lost 8lbs so far, i could not tell when i was full but now i am getting use to the different feeling, i am eating off a side plate, and yesterday i had a small amount of salmon, 3 new potatoes and a tbls of peas, i ate it all but then 30mins later i felt very full. Are you drinking enough water??

info needed

I imagine its only natural chic, don't worry.. I think it will be worth it.

''nothing tastes as good as skinny feels''

Keep thinking this, Try not to worry! :Angel_anim: xx

Hi Michelle,
Well have u had it done i am getting mine on the 21st march in cosmedico in wicklow costing 5grand but hey thats what the credit union is for- way i look at it with being able to shop in penneys once i lose the weight i will have it paid back in no time, i live in waterford so its a job to get to wicklow-i dont drive, how did u get on in prague was it expensive? how did it feel how did u feel and more importantly how is it working for u-hope to hear from u it makes me feel better in one way to know there is someone up the road who is doing the same thing nobody here understands they think its the easy option well they should read these forums!!!!!:seeya:

Last edited:
Losing again

Hi all,
Looks like my balloon is working again - with a vengence! The last 3 days I've not been hungry, but extremely bloated. The only full meal I can eat is breakfast, and then only about 1/2 I would normally eat, then I feel full for the rest of the day. I don't feel sick as such, but just really full like I've eaten a huge meal. When I wasn't losing weight, my doctor prescribed Zoloft (normally used for depression but also has weight loss effects). At first I felt sick, so stopped taking them, but put on some weight, so tried taking them again - this time I pesisted and they are working. So far, I've lost nearly 1k in 3 days (a lot for me). Hope this helps for others who've stopped losing well.

i had my balloon fitted last monday so 8 days ago in prague, i went with prague beauty who i cant fault!! i havent been sick at all which worries me slighty, and im now back at work etc. since being weighed at the clinic i have lost 2kg according to the scales at the gym. i didnt eat at all from sunday to thursday and now i feel like i could eat anything, when im meant to be eating blended foods. i even went out saturday night and got extremeley drunk, as i usually would at the weekend and it was just like my balloon was forgotten, i could drink pints of cider and everything - this was about 5 days after the proceedure. this seems similar to everyone eles story, does it mean its not going to work?

well iv just been readingn through some old posts of here and it seems my recovery has been completly different. i can guzzle orange juice down etc now, the first few days i was struggling to drink one carpri sun a day, but now i can drink anything!

now im feeling guilty for eating 3/4 of a pot noodle, i shouldnt be eating it at all after 8days.

i think everyone is different, i am 5 days post procedure and my appetitie is coming back but the discomfort after having even a bowl of soup puts me off, i find now is when will power comes into it cos i know what i would love for my dinner but i just cant have it until i learn to listen to my stomach and learn when i am full, i think we cant start eating our old favourites until we know our triggers, i know i am going to try and stick to a strict diet as long as possible and then start re introducing my usual foods in smaller portions when i am sure i wont go mental and snarf the lot like i usually do

progress so far

Hi,Fellow Balloners
I have reached my 3 stone goal in 4 months.
just going to try to lose another 6ibs to reach 9 stone 8ib. and spend a 3wks/ a month on maintaining
Really pleased with the ballon best money spent as i could'nt do it without.
tried for many years more than a decade.

My portion size is qiuet small and not enjoying food like i used to trying to re train myself around food ,dont want to reward myself with foods meals etc in the future.

What better way to spend money solely on my health and well being would do it again if i had too andits not been without it problems and discomfort.

Go for it Gloria

wow gloria thats really inspired me ..thankyou for posting your experiences I am due for mine April 1oth yipeee. I guess everyones experience varies some seem to get more from the balloon than others hope I am one of the lucky one:grouphug:s

good luck for 9th /10th

hi chi and others,
Two of you going for the ballon.
Forget how much you used to eat and think small plate for lunch and evening and yoghurt pot size for breakfast.
If i try any more than that i re gurgitate food in my throat as my stomach must be full.
Certain foods are also difficult at first.
I cant as said before eat foods in fats including salmon,meat etc.
Carbs like bread and rice once i got into the second module were also a noo noo............
Eggs for some reason left a terrible after taste.
i eat 3 spoons bran flakes + milk or 1/2 pack oats so simple made with water and 1/2 pot activa fat free yoghurt for breakfast any more and i have a stomach ache and food feels like its coming back .

side late of food at lunch or half a can of soup and a ryvita fills me up.

Trying to realise this much food is enough as i have energy, feel fine much better than when i was eating to bursting

Good Luck Gloria

Hi,Fellow Balloners
I have reached my 3 stone goal in 4 months.
just going to try to lose another 6ibs to reach 9 stone 8ib. and spend a 3wks/ a month on maintaining
Really pleased with the ballon best money spent as i could'nt do it without.
tried for many years more than a decade.

My portion size is qiuet small and not enjoying food like i used to trying to re train myself around food ,dont want to reward myself with foods meals etc in the future.

What better way to spend money solely on my health and well being would do it again if i had too andits not been without it problems and discomfort.

Go for it Gloria

Hi Gloria

I had my balloon in six weeks ago and have lost 10lbs, and am really glad I had it done, as I see this whole process as a lifestyle change.. taking six month to change the way I eat, deal with the triggers that caused me to over eat and also try and set up some excercise regimn. I gave up smoking a week before the surgery.. so been smoke free for almost 2 months!
I dont feel like eating any junk and only eat good calories, so am really commited to my end goal. I have not yet started any excercise program, as I hate going to the gym.. but that is next on my list of things to implement as part of my lifestyle change. I have just bought myself an iPod, and will start with a half hour walk... although I AM on the go all day, AND have been decorating the house so not sitting around by any means. My weight loss is steady, and would like to give it a boost with some excercise.
Also been off alchohol since the balloon.. dont want to waste the calories and figure will probably make heartburn worse!

As you have had such fantastic results, may I just ask, how long have you had the balloon in?

Also, have you had any problem with foul smelling burps? My kids refuse to come near me...

Did you find that some days you get fuller quicker than others?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the type of food I'm eating, or if I've (sorry to get so graphic) had a bowl movement that day.

Speaking of which.. when I do go, I seem to have very loose motion.. Have you had any of these problems?

I had my balloon done in India, and my dietitian says its normal to have foul burps and loose motions????

Have you suffered from any of the symptoms I have mentioned? If so do you have a solution? Please help.. as I feel I'm just a foul GAS BALL and in danger of being a public nuisance!!

Thanks so much.. and so very well done so far.. really inspiring!

Bonny

Back