Gastic Balloon Starting my journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVSolomon

I have been in the military for 8 years and i have enjoyed it, I am planning to get married next year and i want to be a fit bride!
Growing up I was the chubby girl in middle school and the funny even chubbier girl in highschool staying about 200lbs throughout. I lost 60lbs due to gall bladder issues and that was the first time i realized how it feels to be a normal health weight. I was ready to face the world and I joined the military. I struggled every step of the way with my weight, I would diet and exercise to the extreme, HGC, Appetite Suppressant Pills and liposuction to make weight every 6 months.
I've been stationed in the middle east for over a year and depression hit me hard out here and my weight sky rocketed and i am fatter than i have ever been in my life at :piggy:233lbs and my career is being put to an early end due to not being able to stay within military weight standard.
I have been researching for weeks on the right path for me and Gastric Balloon seems to be the right fit, and since im American i thought i would wait until i got back and planned to get it done in Mexico. But i kept looking online and i located a place at one of the best hospitals in Bahrain that can perform it and the price is $2-5k cheaper than every place i have located including Mexico.
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:I made my first consult for tomorrow and I am ready to make this a life changer for me and train my body how the eat. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Day 2

I had the balloon inserted yesterday, it was not too bad but the waiting period to be released i felt the cramping in the stomach. I went home and had to sleep sitting up to get even an hour of rest. The cramps are really bad and i have a high tolerance to pain but its a bit much for me. The pain of the cramps rises and falls as if my stomach is violently contracting to get rid of this foreign object then releases for 3 minutes and starts again.
I went directly back to work today; I couldn’t sit at home and feel worse. Getting up and walking the mile to work and although I have a desk job I am sitting up and allowing my body to cope with the pain.
I have only vomited once since it was inserted and that was last night after drinking some apple juice, it was a small amount.
If you can not tolerate pain for long periods of time I do not suggest this procedure at all. Next post should be soon!

I have just had my balloon removed, lost 26pound in total. Very disappointed :/ was hoping for at least 3stone.. Never really made me feel any fuller just gave me eggy burps and bad digestion.. But the good thing that has come out off it I'm on the road to a healthy lifestyle. Just got to keep it up and keep off the weight :)

I have just had my balloon removed, lost 26pound in total. Very disappointed :/ was hoping for at least 3stone.. Never really made me feel any fuller just gave me eggy burps and bad digestion.. But the good thing that has come out off it I'm on the road to a healthy lifestyle. Just got to keep it up and keep off the weight :)

Look at the positive - you are 26 pounds nearer to your goal weight than you were and you should be rid of those eggy burps and digestion problems now.
Are you planning on trying to lose the rest of the weight using the traditional methods of controlled eating and maybe some exercise?
I know that some people are running challenges that may help if you are thinking of this.

Well I've started slimming world only got anufa stone to be at goal weight so I'm sure I will get there one way or other. :) dnt feel any different now it's been taken out I dnt feel any hungrier so I'm sure the weight will stay off :)

DAY 15
The stomach cramps and abdominal pain completely went away after the 4th day and im eating normal food. I really want to eat more food and i feel like i probably could with slight discomfort but i force myself not to because i don’t feel hungry at all but my mouth want to eat the things i use to enjoy like a huge steak:ack2: but i am pretty strong.
I went to see the dietician yesterday and I am down 4 kilos(about 9lbs) not too happy with the results since i eat very little but can gain and lose 1-2lbs every other day for no reason.

that is my goal to get the balloon out and still be able to control what i put in my mouth. That makes me feel so much better reading your post!

Well I've started slimming world only got anufa stone to be at goal weight so I'm sure I will get there one way or other. :) dnt feel any different now it's been taken out I dnt feel any hungrier so I'm sure the weight will stay off :)

That's great.

Its good that you are not hungrier and confident.

I found the people at Slimming World were very supportive. I liked the meeting format where everyone had a turn of being supported by the rest of the group - thinking of strategies for the coming week's events and basically understanding when things went wrong...

I have to admit that I was lucky with SW because I got a leader who had been big. She was still losing... I could identify with her... (When I joined WW - the leader had only ever been 2 or 3 stone overweight and her before pictures looked pretty good to me)... I never really got the impression that the WW leader knew where I was coming from...

Yes I understand where your coming from, I haven't stayed for a sw meeting yet just been for weighing, but I'm hoping for a nice lose tomoro then I will sit the meeting out :) lost a pound last week and was my first week there. Just hoping I can keep aiming for 1-2pound a week without my balloon been in :) not fully understanding sw yet, need to read up a lot more and figure out what I can eat and what I cnt :)

Good luck with your journey, don't do what I did and eat things you shouldn't U will regret it when the 6months is up and all the money you spend has only help u loose a little weight :) the more you eat the less the balloon works. Myn stopped filling me after 7weeks and was back to normal portions plus deserts :/ good luck thou

Yes I understand where your coming from, I haven't stayed for a sw meeting yet just been for weighing, but I'm hoping for a nice lose tomoro then I will sit the meeting out :) lost a pound last week and was my first week there. Just hoping I can keep aiming for 1-2pound a week without my balloon been in :) not fully understanding sw yet, need to read up a lot more and figure out what I can eat and what I cnt :)

Good luck for your next meeting.
I found the meeting part to be the best bit... When you chat to the other people - they will help you to understand what you can have.
It is also good to talk to other people who are struggling with the same things.

One Month-
Its been 32 days since i had the ballon inserted. I am down 21lbs(9.5 kilo) from 231lbs to 210lbs and that is a pretty good feeling. I am just getting back to the gym and my eating habits are getting set. I eat 3 meal and 2 snacks a day, very low carb and high protein so since im never really hungry I now force myself to eat and keep my meals to a time schedule and try to never eat after 6pm and im asleep by 9:30pm to keep from reaching for my beloved red wine or mixxed cocktail at the end of the night i just pop a sleeping aid pill and drift to sleep.
My energy level is up and down but I am happy most of the day and my face having slimmed down i have more confidence. I read through all the post and i use the positive vibes as a catapulte toward staying focused on eating the right foods at the right time in the right amount. Thanks everyone!

Hi PeppermintFairy,
I have my balloon fitted on the 22/11/3. Starting weight was 102kg and current weight is 94kg.
How are you feeling???
I am still having difficulty keeping any solids down!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back