Forum Upgrade to Xenforo (from vBulletin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again for the fixed thread! Now i see it 's working properly!

Any thoughts on why I don't have the option to stay logged in when viewing the forum on my phone? I'm using Chrome on an Android phone, and I'd love to avoid having to log in constantly.

The problem is 2-fold. If your IP keeps changing, than you will automatically get logged out (security feature). If you check "Stay Logged In", than that should work, except the button appears to be missing on some mobile devices. I'll see about fixing it.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the random change to Xenforo. It was not a planned update. We had some server problems and had to make some quick decisions on how to handle it. Since the amount of work to get vBulletin running again versus switching to Xenforo was about the same, we decided to take this route, as it was planned for the future, anyway.

I apologize for any problems that you are encountering, but we hope this is for the better.

- Xenforo has better reviews (and less security problems) than vBulletin.
- One of the main reasons for the switch was to have better mobile support. While TapaTalk has served us well in having a mobile platform, it was not something we had any control over. Websites are much better served to have a responsive design than a separate application.

There will be a learning curve (as I'm not very familiar with the software either), but in the long run, I think this will be a much better forum. If you have any requests or problems, please respond here and I will do my best to handle them to the best of my ability.

hello every one im new member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back