Forum Upgrade to Xenforo (from vBulletin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcdnboy1

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the random change to Xenforo. It was not a planned update. We had some server problems and had to make some quick decisions on how to handle it. Since the amount of work to get vBulletin running again versus switching to Xenforo was about the same, we decided to take this route, as it was planned for the future, anyway.

I apologize for any problems that you are encountering, but we hope this is for the better.

- Xenforo has better reviews (and less security problems) than vBulletin.
- One of the main reasons for the switch was to have better mobile support. While TapaTalk has served us well in having a mobile platform, it was not something we had any control over. Websites are much better served to have a responsive design than a separate application.

There will be a learning curve (as I'm not very familiar with the software either), but in the long run, I think this will be a much better forum. If you have any requests or problems, please respond here and I will do my best to handle them to the best of my ability.

Smilies... We need more than 12. Pretty please. :D

Thank you!! :party:Do we have to have the Share This Page option & if so, is it now possible to edit our profile details to delete location & birthday?

The "Share this Page" doesn't need to be there, but it helps bring traffic if someone wants to share a conversation or article or whatever. However, I understand that you may wish to have parts of your profile private and I will see what I can do.

Before I start whinging, thank you for all the hard work you are doing, and have done, on our behalf. Every time I press the edit button, the forum index comes up. Is this my fault? It's not that I'm a bad speller you must understand, but someone keeps moving the keys around on my keyboard;)

redirects might be broken. I'll have a look.

Edit: yup. both were related. The redirects from old URLs were too similar to some of the new ones.

I just want to ask which program can we now use instead of Tapatalk? And another thing when i try to open the thread "10 pounds loss" it founds error. Will this get fixed soon?

You don't need anything to view it now. Just use your favourite browser. Can you give me a link where I can find this thread "10 pounds loss"

k, found the problem. While building the redirects from old URLs, it was trying to redirect your diary because it starts with a number (and therefore looks like an old URL). Writing a fix for it now. Only problem is that even after I fix it, depending on your browser, it may still redirect you because your browser is caching the redirect. If you clear your cache, or maybe close your browser and re-open it, it may work. Or, use a different browser (not the best fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back