Floater's diary

How many calories in one beer? 150-200? If you managed to stop at one you won in my book. Hppe you make it to the gym regardless how much you end up doing.
I did most definitely not stop at one 🙈. And yeah, 200 per can it says on the label. But I'm just about to leave for the gym, so at least my frustration is leading towards something good! Can't let perfection get in the way of progress.

Oh yeah! The human body is amazing. I haven't lost strength even though I have lost some muscle tone. I kept the intensity pretty high and the overall workout pretty short because I still need to walk back home. I'm wiped but in a pleasant way. It's cold as balls outside and I shiver from the cooldown sweat...

Yay for the gym!
I'm so glad I broke the spell and got in there. I'm so tired I haven't been able to even eat - I was anticipating this to happen, so I bought fried soy strips and curry mayo on my way home as an emergency post workout meal - but it means so much to me that I was able to go. I tried a new trick to help with the dysphoria: I changed to my workout shoes in the lobby and left my stuff in the lockers there, and washed my hands etc in the gender neutral disabled's toilets, then went to work out in the women's area (less selection in equipment, but also less crowded and I didn't have to compare myself to the cis guys).

I think I'll really try to tackle my issues with swimming next. Of course, I was bloated from yesterday's beer today, but swimming always makes me feel nice after because the water pressure drains the lymphatic system or whatever. And today I was reminded how good it makes me feel to see my shoulders and upper arms bulge, and swimming is great for upper body tone and strength. Also as cardio for my shit knees.

I'm waiting for the dishwasher to finish, after that I'll make a stew from striped beets, carrots, beans, onion, tomatoes and ham.

The stew turned out great, had a bowl of it with a sandwich filled with my leftover curry mayo and sprouts. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow!

I'm debating myself whether I should get a microwave. It would make heating up leftovers much easier, not having to dirty a pan or a kettle each time. But I'm kind of used to living without one, and my budget has very little leeway...

Yup, hydrostatic pressure kicks the lymphatic system into high gear. Do uou have a local Goodwill or something you could check out for a used microwave? Here the church charity shop has a workshop attached for people who enjoy tinkering in a social setting and they check/repair stuff before reselling.

That's a good idea, especially if I could find one that hasn't been used (it happens sometimes). I have such issues with food hygiene that I felt terrified every time I used a microwave at work or at someone else's house. Doesn't mean that my micro never got grimy between cleans, but it was _my_ dirt and as such less distressing. But I can also just save on something else for a while, get the microwave and get back to the program.

My ex asked me for a walk and I went, it was nice to hear from him after some sad news from his family, and he bought me Vietnamese from a local kiosk which was super nice of him. Quality feels like eating in a kebab restaurant, no offense to the folks who run these places but you can tell it's very processed and cheaply made. But I'm so happy that I actually have an appetite! I have struggled with eating, and that's one of my binge drinking triggers as I have previously mentioned. It's insane how well just one single gym visit can improve my balance. I might be too tired to brush my teeth though (but I'll do it when I wake in the middle of the night anyway).

Maybe this time around, I should focus very hard on things that make me prone to bad choices. If I get emotional about food and exercise, it will mess with my body's own signals and cues, and I'll overdo or underdo it. Veggie quota for today was pretty good.

Knowing what triggers bad (and good) choices is so helpful. I still fuck it up sometimes but knowing there are reasons why it happens rather than "I'm weak/bad/defective" helps.

Time to make breakfast (cheese toast and bean stew) and prep two packs of tofu in the oven for easy protein later. My muscles are sore, but not too sore. I slept very well!

I'm making congee, going to have it with tofu and shiitake and probably a bit of corn and spring onions and roasted sesame oil. Just came home from a lovely walk with Nera. I think I'll make a bean and spinach stew later tonight, I can use it for several meals later on, and I want to have something else than yesterday's bean stew for dinner. I should also clean up, but that can wait until tomorrow, the place is still in a sensible shape.

It's an official term! Well, kind of. As in earth is in the Goldilocks zone for life as we know it. (Of course. If it wasn't life would either be different or we wouldn't be here to know it...)

It's an official term! Well, kind of. As in earth is in the Goldilocks zone for life as we know it. (Of course. If it wasn't life would either be different or we wouldn't be here to know it...)
I have never heard of it, but I love it. Like, you gotta pick the best option between too much and too little. Buddhism vibes!

Also @Cate I'm glad you also had a lovely time with Archie. Making a dog happy is heaven on earth for me. I can't sense all they can, but I can sense when they are enjoying themselves.

I ended up watching all of "The Brand New Cherry Flavor" on Netflix and having a bean sprout and cheese flatbread "burger" instead of making the spinach thing, but I feel really happy and I think I'll sleep well tonight.

As in earth is in the Goldilocks zone for life as we know it
Yeah now it clicks, I have read this in some scifi thing! But it was translated to Finnish and it's been years, so that's why my poor brain missed it the first time around. "Kultakutri" is the Finnish version of Goldilocks. I like the way you think, @LaMaria

Just some dry bread and marg for breakfast, but I have stew and tofu in the fridge for later. I plan to hit the gym tomorrow, muscles feel mostly recovered!

Here are the best two pics from the trip last week. Nera looks so cute and happy.

Food today has been OK, albeit a bit low on fresh veg (there's still time to fix that though), and I bought a turkey baguette for tomorrow morning; I want to try and hit the gym tomorrow!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 12.17.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 12.17.05.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 12.16.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 12.16.39.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 1
Nera is gorgeous! Beautiful surroundings, too.
I was tempted to go get chocolate on my way home from work today but reminded myself that my muscles need decent fuel for recovery. Have fun at the gym!

Back