fitness regime help

justdamo

Hello everyone,

I have a basic question but due to my circumstances I have not found an easy answer.

Ok so I need help getting fitter and keeping myself at a good level of fitness.....

I am 36, and I play 5 aside every Wed night. I am a defender and like most defenders I don't have the best touch, that being said, I am still a capable player but I have to be fit to play well.

Now the difficult part, I am a stay at home dad, I have two young children so finding time is not easy, plus I work at evening times mostly. Weekends are out as again I am mostly busy with kids or just knackard at night times.

The only time I can train is when the lil one is a sleep in the car, and I can jog for maybe 20 mins or so, and thats what I have been doing but either I am too tired on match day or my leg muscles feel exhausted, I don't know if I am doing to much or too little.

I see it this way.... the 5 a side is an hour long and we really go at it, so there does need to be some rest for the following week.

Anyway I really need some advice on how to get fit and maintain it based on the above circumstances?????

Thank you

What sort of fitness equipment do you have at home ? Some short bursts of HIIT may be a good option for your cardio fitness combined with some form of strength training at home, no need for long sessions, and kids love to join in.

Back