FatFatFatFat to FitFitFitFit

& drinking more water on its own helps too......speaking from experience, unfortunately :blush5:

Weight: I don't care about this anymore.

Notes
No longer constipated so that's nice. Today was pretty mediocre on the weight loss/getting healthy front. Was at 1400 calories at like 11pm but couldn't stop thinking about a frozen pizza I had in my fridge. Ended up making it but was able to stop myself after only having 1/4 of it before throwing the rest away. Also had a pretty low intensity work out.

In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. Still probably had a 1000 calorie deficit today and some exercise is better than doing nothing but still a little annoyed.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 2027kcal
  • Carbs - 229g
  • Protein - 117g
  • Fat - 69g
  • Sugar - 61g
Exercise
  • Steps - 12,684
  • Weight Training - Push Day
    • Bench Press 3x6 (125lbs)
    • Overhead Press 3x6 (95lbs)
    • DB Lateral Raise 3x15 (12.5lbs)
    • DB Front Raise 3x15 (12.5lbs)
    • Banded Tricep Extension 3x20

If 1000 kcal of deficit is on the low side for you you may start running into low energy and more intense cravings regularly. If you can deal with that it's fine but if it starts putting you at risk of binging having a smaller deficit might be sensible.

Notes
Ate about ~300 more calories than I would've liked today but can't really get too upset about it.

I don't know, I'm just kind of...bored? I mean this is the kind of process that works for long term sustained weight loss. Eat at a reasonable deficit, do some exercise, and try stay active throughout the day but it's not something I have to dedicate a lot of brain power to or involves a lot of suffering. Maybe I need to pick up a hobby to keep me occupied in the months/years it'll take to get down to a normal weight.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1986kcal
  • Carbs - 200g
  • Protein - 121g
  • Fat - 82g
  • Sugar - 27g
Exercise
  • Steps - 10,821
  • Weight Training - Pull Day
    • Preacher Curls 4x15 (45lbs)
      • Banded Rows 4x20
    • Upright Rows 3x8 (65lbs)
      • Banded Face Pulls 3x20
    • Bent over rows 3x10 (115lbs)
    • Hammer Curls 3x15 (15lbs)
    • Barbell Curls 1 set to failure (45lbs)

Sounds sensible to me, especially during covid times when not much else is going on.

I'm open to suggestions? Maybe wood working or one of those 10 step korean skin care routines I've watched way too many youtube videos on.

Thanks for sharing your memory. It reminds me of the day I was fat since I weighed like 270 pounds and people used to make fun of my weight. After hard dedication and effort I was able to loose a 100 pounds. Now I try to maintain my weight by keeping a controlled diet. It is good to share about old memories.

No problem! Yea being overweight is the one thing people can always use to hurt you.

Notes
I was going to do a leg workout today but ended up taking a nap after work instead. I think I need to start lifting earlier in the day since my energy levels are pretty good then but seem to crater right around 6pm.

Tomorrow it'll have been 7 days since I last weighed myself and according to the math I should be down ~2lbs and it's going to be really hard not to weigh myself but I know nothing good will come from it. If the number is higher than I want I'll just spiral out and if it's lower than I expected I'll feel the need to work harder because I'm impatient as fuck.

In other news I'm going to switch meal prep services starting next week. I found one that offers keto meals and I figure I'll give that diet a try for a little while.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1722kcal
  • Carbs - 127g
  • Protein - 123g
  • Fat - 79g
  • Sugar - 11g
Exercise
  • Steps - 12,723
  • Weight Training - None

I'm open to suggestions? Maybe wood working or one of those 10 step korean skin care routines I've watched way too many youtube videos on.
:rotflmao: I don't think I've ever watched a multi-step beauty tutorial for anything but if it looks fun to you it'll definitely help kill time. Woodworking sounds like fun too though, and it keeps you away from the fridge. Soup kitchen? SciFi meet-ups? Dance course? Model trains? Doesn't really matter as long as it's something you enjoy.

Notes
I probably didn't eat enough today but for whatever reason just wasn't hungry. I'll make sure to get closer to 2k calories tomorrow so it kind of evens out. My workout today was really good; felt like I had a lot of energy throughout even though I didn't get to it earlier in the day like I was thinking about.

Another very boring day, which I guess is a good thing.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1392kcal
  • Carbs - 185g
  • Protein - 59g
  • Fat - 39g
  • Sugar - 20g
Exercise
  • Steps - 12,589
  • Weight Training - Push Day
    • Bench Press 3x8 (125lbs)
      • Drop-set: 95lbs AMRAP
    • Overhead Press 3x6 (105lbs)
    • DB Chest Flys 3x15 (12.5lbs)
      • DB Skull Crushers 3x15 (12.5lbs)
    • DB Lateral Raise 3x15 (10lbs)
      • DB Front Raise 3x15 (10lbs)
    • Banded Tricep Extension 3x20

Notes
I want big biceps and I can not lie.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1424kcal
  • Carbs - 153g
  • Protein - 71g
  • Fat - 59g
  • Sugar - 22g
Exercise
  • Steps - 12,372
  • Weight Training - Biceps
    • Preacher Curls 4x15 (35lbs)
    • Hammer Curls 3x12 (20lbs)
    • Reverse Curls 3x12 (15lbs)

Notes
My cleaning lady said I looked like I've lost weight when she came to clean this morning. My initial reaction was that she was just being polite. I mean she saw when I had a gym area built in my basement early this year and she's obviously noticed that my house is no longer littered with pizza boxes, fast food wrappers, and empty cans of soda so, yes, she was probably just being nice.

I don't know why my first instinct is to dismiss any suggestion that I might actually be making progress or just when someone says something nice about me in general but I'm going to try and stop doing that.

So, yea, my cleaning lady said it looks like I've lost weight. Which hopefully I have. Either way I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing because that's all I can control. In a few months I'll step on a scale to check to see what progress I've made and regardless of what it says I'll try to be happy because I know I did the best I could and I can always keep trying.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1645kcal
  • Carbs - 159g
  • Protein - 98g
  • Fat - 122g
  • Sugar - 20g
Exercise
  • Steps - 11,962
  • Weight Training - None

If you make progress on the fitness, pant size, and blood pressure front the actual number on the scale isn't even that important. Learning to take a compliment is important and I'm glad you're working on it.

If you make progress on the fitness, pant size, and blood pressure front the actual number on the scale isn't even that important. Learning to take a compliment is important and I'm glad you're working on it.

Thanks in large part to COVID, I don't think I've worn pants that didn't come with a draw string in almost exactly a year but I did try on an old shirt I haven't fit into in years a few weeks ago and it fit, i mean it was snug, but it fit!

Notes
I got like 4 hours of sleep last night and it sure did show in my activity level and sugar intake. It took a concerted effort tonight to get to 10k steps when usually I hit that number by the afternoon but I got there eventually.

I'm starting my keto-ish new meal prep service tomorrow and am pretty excited. The food looks pretty good and I was getting pretty sick of the old service where the meals were basically just plain chicken/fish/shrimp, rice, and broccoli.

I think at the end of March I'll pick a day or two and eat around maintenance, 3k calories, as a reward if I can stay at a deficit every day for the rest of the month.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1616kcal
  • Carbs - 182g
  • Protein - 69g
  • Fat - 68g
  • Sugar - 52g
Exercise
  • Steps - 10.282
  • Weight Training - None

Notes
You ever have one of those days where you probably should've just stayed asleep all day?

Nutrition
  • Calories - like 1800
  • Carbs - ?
  • Protein - ?
  • Fat - ?
  • Sugar - ?
Exercise
  • Steps - 12,659
  • Weight Training - None

Notes
Fasted today after eating a little too much yesterday. Might keep going through the weekend.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 0kcal
  • Carbs - 0g
  • Protein - 0g
  • Fat - 0g
  • Sugar - 0g
Exercise
  • Steps - 13,126
  • Weight Training - None

Notes
I didn't lift weights at all this week which I don't feel great about but I've just been super busy and honestly just so tired. Excited to finally sleep in tomorrow and hopefully get back on track with that.

Some days I get to the end of day, look at my calories, and wonder how did I ever eat 3000+ calories a day for years. Some days, like today, I feel so hungry it feels like I could hit 30,000 calories without even trying.

Nutrition
  • Calories - 1565kcal
  • Carbs - 160g
  • Protein - 76g
  • Fat - 67g
  • Sugar - 19g
Exercise
  • Steps - 11,050
  • Weight Training - None

Last edited:
I think it's normal to be hungry after a day of not eating, especially since a lot of days you're not having a lot of protein. You're going to struggle to even keep your muscle mass this way, let alone build more of it.

I think it's normal to be hungry after a day of not eating, especially since a lot of days you're not having a lot of protein. You're going to struggle to even keep your muscle mass this way, let alone build more of it.

Yea last week wasn't great for protein intake but next week I'm going off the keto meals and back to what I was eating a few weeks ago when I was getting 120g+ of protein a day.

Back