Experience from you would motivate me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proclaimister

Hi,

I think I need some first-hand experience from people who have succeeded with their diets, and if they did, which diets? I can't take looking at a close friend distressed over her failed diets. Please help.

There are different kinds of diet, for instance I follow a DASH diet for lowering and preventing high blood pressure. A diet should be accompanied with an exercise in order for it to succeed.

I am firmly of the belief that "going on a diet" really is not the answer. Your friend needs to change eating habits. This is what worked for me and I fond has kept my weight off for a very long time. Rather than dieting it would be much better to try to see the differences between what your friend what your friend eats everyday now and what they should be eating.

I hope that helps a little.

I am firmly of the belief that "going on a diet" really is not the answer. Your friend needs to change eating habits. This is what worked for me and I fond has kept my weight off for a very long time. Rather than dieting it would be much better to try to see the differences between what your friend what your friend eats everyday now and what they should be eating.

I hope that helps a little.
Changing eating habits will be a great factor too.

from 122kg to 105kg in around 7 months
(37lb lost)
as others said, no special diet.. Just a change in lifestyle, eating better, tracking food intake, and most importantly, patience
ive bounced back alittle before having the wake up call and getting back into it.. but if you look at the graph ive added you will notice the almost straight upward trends where I had stopped tracking my food, stopped exercising, and returning to my old lifestyle.

The good thing is that you have spotted that trend and that you are doing something about it. I found that there was definitely an element of standing back and looking at myself as though I was an outsider when I first started to lose weight. It helped to see where I was going wrong and what I needed to do about it.

Well, I was obese my whole life....as in 4 plus decades of yo yo dieting and even surgery with no success. Until now. I had to learn that my obesity played a role in the lives of other people. That me changing that about myself may change my relationships. There was a healthy amount of fear in losing people. I had to decide that was not fatal and press on anyway. Now I am fit and healthy for the first time in 48 years. I write a blog about this very thing. Here’s my New Years post and feel free to tap into me for help. Love helping others with this.[Spam Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Before i want to ask, how old are u. And what type of diet do u want to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back