Emily Rose: The Reboot

- Thanks Cate. Yes, they can be very powerful. I'm not playing tennis but I'm caught up in something else, so I'm distracted.
- I really like that one about the bus Jen! It's probably true if you're open to it.

Today was such a beautiful day here, and I was in town for most of it, which was great. I am so tired now though. I was going to try to nap for a while, but I've decided it might be better to stay up until about 9 and then go to sleep early instead. I have a busy day tomorrow with loads to do in the morning, so I really need to be up by 8 or 9 at the latest.

I got really nice Lush shampoo when I was in town earlier, it smells exquisite, I actually can't wait to use it in the morning. My hair is so troublesome at the moment, so I hope this helps give it back some of its lustre. I actually went into a changing room in town today, which is the equivalent of walking through the gates of hell for me, but it wasn't too bad. I tried on a pair of size 18 jeans and a pair of size 16 jeans, and the size 16 jeans fit better! Exciting. The same for a top I bought. So I've definitely lost weight. I have a long way to go but at least the really awful fat is gone. And I'm doing a lot of moving around at the moment, so I think it should keep falling off.

I have a wedding to go to next week, I'm not sure whether to get a new dress or not. I have one that I think will be nice, and money is a bit tight at the moment. But then it's always nice to have something new to wear. I actually have to check what time the wedding starts to see what time I need to be down for. I might try to get my hair done instead of getting the new dress. I am off on Monday so I can organise all that then.

Not much else to talk about really. Still watching Catastrophe, it's really good. Austenland has popped up on Netflix as well, I really enjoyed that one when I watched it before. Time is going so fast! I wish I had a lot more chill out time this evening before the madness begins tomorrow. Anyway, that's it for today.

Yay for being down a size, Em! That's the thing that counts the most. I think you have a gorgeous dress that you bought last year & you got lots of compliments. It sounded lovely. I hope you have a lovely Sunday, after a good sleep xo

I actually went into a changing room in town today, which is the equivalent of walking through the gates of hell for me, but it wasn't too bad. I tried on a pair of size 18 jeans and a pair of size 16 jeans, and the size 16 jeans fit better! Exciting. The same for a top I bought. So I've definitely lost weight. I have a long way to go but at least the really awful fat is gone. And I'm doing a lot of moving around at the moment, so I think it should keep falling off.

I have a wedding to go to next week, I'm not sure whether to get a new dress or not. I have one that I think will be nice, and money is a bit tight at the moment. But then it's always nice to have something new to wear. I actually have to check what time the wedding starts to see what time I need to be down for. I might try to get my hair done instead of getting the new dress. I am off on Monday so I can organise all that then.
I did lol at the changing room being equivalent to the gates of hell! I feel the same exact way. But yaaaaaaaay that you are seeing some results and found some cute things to wear! I am also very happy that you are taking the day off to organize everything for the wedding you are attending! It will help you stress less to get ready and that always leads to a better time!

- Hi Cate. What a great memory you have. Yes, it is a lovely dress so I will probably go with that. And I have nice shoes that go with it that I have trekked all through town with and they are fine.
- Hi Jen. I didn't do much wedding organisation in the end because I checked my bank balance and realised that I will have to look after my hair myself!

Cate, you will be pleased to note that I played tennis for over 2 hours this evening in the beautiful sunshine, which was great. I lost the first match, but it was close, and then myself and Cathal who I will be playing the tournament with won both our matches against a handy enough duo, so that was great. We play well together. We're kind of brutally honest with each other, which is good in a way, because it means that I'm really concentrating when I play with him because I don't want him giving out to me! So, you know, that might work well when we enter a competition! :D

Work today was okay. One of the lads is a bit sour with me, but the thing I predicted would happen today happened, and it was so hard not to say, 'I told you so.' I resisted. He'll just have to get over it because I haven't done anything wrong really. I got some good praise today, which was great. :)

I finished Catastrophe so I'm on the hunt for a new show. It was really good, although a bit depressing at times. I'm not sure how much I actually liked the central characters by the end of it, which was interesting.

Not much else to report really. I'm playing tennis tomorrow again for an hour and then I have to clean my room because the landlord is coming to inspect the house on Thursday. I really don't feel like doing a big clean-up but I guess I will feel better once it's done.

I went for a swim yesterday and did the 50 laps, which was great. When I was playing tennis this evening, I just had this vision in my head of being at peak fitness and in the best possible shape I could be. Oh, how I long for that day.

- Hi Cate. What a great memory you have. Yes, it is a lovely dress so I will probably go with that. And I have nice shoes that go with it that I have trekked all through town with and they are fine.
Oh, good :)
Cate, you will be pleased to note that I played tennis for over 2 hours this evening in the beautiful sunshine, which was great. I lost the first match, but it was close, and then myself and Cathal who I will be playing the tournament with won both our matches against a handy enough duo, so that was great. We play well together. We're kind of brutally honest with each other, which is good in a way, because it means that I'm really concentrating when I play with him because I don't want him giving out to me! So, you know, that might work well when we enter a competition! :D
Excellent. Go, you!
Not much else to report really. I'm playing tennis tomorrow again for an hour and then I have to clean my room because the landlord is coming to inspect the house on Thursday. I really don't feel like doing a big clean-up but I guess I will feel better once it's done.
It will be good to have the place really tidy though.
I went for a swim yesterday and did the 50 laps, which was great. When I was playing tennis this evening, I just had this vision in my head of being at peak fitness and in the best possible shape I could be. Oh, how I long for that day.
50 laps are great, Em. You are on the way xo

I love this Em!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

Thanks Cate and Jen.

I spent the whole evening cleaning my room and doing the hoovering, even skipped tennis to do it because I knew I wouldn't get it done otherwise. I had just climbed into my freshly made bed, looking around my room to admire my handiwork, when I saw the text come in from the landlord to say that she can't make it tomorrow after all and she'd see us in a couple of weeks instead. HUGH SIGH. Like, obviously, I have the benefit of a clean room now, but it was so hot this evening and if I'd known, I wouldn't have bothered. And I've lost hope of anyone ever calling over. :( Anyway. It's done now and I will try to keep it neat and tidy for the next few weeks, so I won't have to suffer through all this again when she does call.

Work was interesting today - Work Colleague was back and stuck around all day and he's coming in tomorrow again. We had fun. I suppose he brightened up my day a bit. It just got me thinking about those patterns again and I've decided that they are not entirely my fault. Haha. I absolve myself of a lot of the responsibility for some of them. And, you know, it's nice to feel liked, even if it's on an emotional level only. That's not what I need though really. I do think men in general seem to open up to me. Which is cool, I guess. But it's too lonely a life at the moment, and I am very sad right now, if I'm being honest. I'm kind of forcing myself to do things.

Sometimes I feel like giving up, but then I always think of that concept that things always change just when you are about to give up. Sort of like the It's A Wonderful Life effect. That's what I'm clinging onto right now. Clinging onto like it's a life raft.

Someone I know well made a very upsetting comment to me at the weekend, which has got me a bit blue as well. 'No one kicks a dead dog' is how I am overcoming that one. I can't keep letting these things make me turn myself inside out with self-reproach. If I don't like me, I can't really expect anyone else to like me either, right? And I do like me. Just not enough to look after myself properly yet but that is a work in progress.

Plan for tomorrow is a run and yoga. No going out. I'm very tired and need some downtime. I'm also broke.

I can totally understand the way you feel Em, I mean it is great to have a tidy room....but I also think that cancelling was a bit rude and I would be frustrated!

Em said: " and I am very sad right now, if I'm being honest. I'm kind of forcing myself to do things." You are also very strong Em, because forcing oneself to do things when you are down is certainly the sign of a strong person!

You are right, good things seem to come our way, often when we least expect it! I'm sorry someone made an upsetting comment to you, especially since you know them well. Have you thought about asking them about it or letting them know they upset you? Might be better to leave well enough alone though. With these things I usually give it a bit of time and if I still feel I need to address it, I will. More often then not I find it best for me to drop it, but truthfully, depending on what it was, I am not likely to forget it.

Your plan, sounds like my kind of plan, so I hope you enjoy it! A bit of downtime can be really restorative and it sounds like that would be good for you! xo

Yay for the 'gates of hell' not being so bad after all :)
Being down a size is amazing!

That to me already sounds like amazing shape to be in--the swimming and the tennis. You sound super strong and fit!

But it's too lonely a life at the moment, and I am very sad right now, if I'm being honest. I'm kind of forcing myself to do things.

Sorry to hear you are feeling a little down. But you are doing a great job in keeping up with the positive aspects of your life which is great. I hope the run and the yoga happen and that they lift your spirits.

Enjoy the tidy room. My apartment is in some desperate need of a good clean...

- Thanks Cate. Happy birthday again! xx
- Hi Jen. I'm going to drop it because their comment was probably correct but it was just kind of... mean? Judgey? I don't know. It was a comment that I think was kind of meant to give me a kick. Hmm. Anyway, I won't hold too tightly onto it.
- Hi Liza. Thanks for dropping by, hope you are doing well. I'm not too bad fitness-wise, but if I could drop 30 pounds, I'd be super-fit. Haha.

Tonight has been very restorative because I'm just so shattered today. I went to bed when I got home and didn't get up till after 9pm. Uh oh. Burn out. I did have a very emotionally draining weekend, plus loads of extra meetings in work this week and it all appears to have caught up with me today. I was very tempted to buy wine so I'm glad that I was just too tired to even do that. I should hopefully feel the benefit of all this extra sleep tomorrow. I think I've been out of sorts for months, to be honest.

I weighed in this morning and my weight was around the same but body fat had another little drop - 44.2%. Happy with that.

We went out for a work lunch today, which was a lot heavier than the food I've been eating lately, and I got diarrhea a couple of hours later, so I haven't really eaten anything since. I got prawns - always a dodgy one. Will not be ordering prawns again. That's also probably tired me out as my body dealt with whatever bacteria snuck in from that meal. Ugh.

Tomorrow I have a bit of stuff to get through at work and then I'll head home after work to sort myself out for the wedding at the weekend. I need to borrow money off my mother, which is annoying, but I've just been very bad with my finances lately, and weddings are money pits.

I had a very sad dream during my nap earlier which hasn't exactly put a smile on my face, but at least I was resting! My body is screaming at me for rest and restoration. At least I'm listening and am able to sleep when I need to. I don't know if I could cope with a baby.

Hi Em, I know exactly the kind of comment you mean. So it probably is best to let it go! :giggle: It does sound like you have some folks at work that you enjoy doing things with, that is always nice! I'm glad you are getting some rest, when your body needs that it is sure best to listen to it! Hope you are feeling 100% tomorrow! xo

Nice job on the further fat loss.
I hope you can find lots of rest and restoration time. Good for you listening to your body's needs!

- Yeah Jen, the work folks are nice in general, which is great.
- Thanks Liza. I slept a LOT yesterday and I'm really feeling the benefits today.

Well! All that sleep meant that I finally had the energy to go for a run this morning. I woke up before the alarm, which hasn't happened in yonks, so I had enough time to drive down to the nicer running place where all the ducks and swans hang out and do an interval run. It was very easy, to be fair. Great! Ah feck, I just checked it there and I realised that I forgot to save it! :( Guess I will just have to do another one tomorrow!!

I went home to my parents this evening and we had a great evening! My mother was back to being overly-fussy and critical, it was great! I've never been so happy for her to gently scold me about things! That's a sure sign she's on the mend! :D But yeah, she was in really great form, really talkative and very much like herself, which was such a blessing. Dad was zipping around the place because he's going to the doctor tomorrow about getting his new hip, so he was photocoping documents and getting his bag ready and there was great excitement in the Emily Rose household! The sun has started to peak out from behind that cloud for all of us!

It's 11pm now and I once again resisted buying wine. Very pleased with that. I should be fresh tomorrow! I'm going to try to get up for a run tomorrow, then I'll shower, have breakfast, do my hair and make-up and get on the road. So excited to take my car on our first road trip. Toot toot! 🚗

That's kind of it really. A happy day today overall. :)

Yay you Em! That sounds wonderful! Your running will inspire me to get back out there! I hope your trip is fantastic! xo

Oh nice one getting that good sleep in and waking before the alarm and getting out for that run--all sounds lovely! Nothing better than waking feeling refreshed and energetic!

Lovely to hear of the great visit with the parents.

Have fun on your first road trip with that car--hope you got some good music for it!

- Thanks Jen. I’m lounging in my really comfy hotel bed now listening to Girls Aloud so I would say it’s been pretty successful!
- Thanks Liza. I have my phone hooked up to it so I can play all my tunes! Such a pleasure to drive.
- So glad to see the feisty back Cate!

Guys! I have great news. I weighed in yesterday at 189.3! You have no idea how happy I was to see that number! I looked back and I haven’t been in the 180s since January 2021! I am finally escaping the shackles of the Covid weight gain. There will really be no stopping me now!

I stayed in a hotel last night so I’m going for a shower soon and getting the fancy breakfast. I didn’t spend that much money yesterday so I am hoping for a massage as well. No slots yet but I’m manifesting a cancellation!

Wedding went fine. No men and didn’t know that many people but I made the most of it. That’s all you can do really. More tomorrow.

Guys! I have great news. I weighed in yesterday at 189.3! You have no idea how happy I was to see that number! I looked back and I haven’t been in the 180s since January 2021! I am finally escaping the shackles of the Covid weight gain. There will really be no stopping me now!
Yay!!! :party:

"Guys! I have great news. I weighed in yesterday at 189.3! You have no idea how happy I was to see that number! I looked back and I haven’t been in the 180s since January 2021! I am finally escaping the shackles of the Covid weight gain. There will really be no stopping me now!" Really well done Em...that is SUPER exciting! I am over the moon for you! :hurray:

Back