Easiest way to diet in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausguerila

With the amount of access people have in North America to recreational and medicinal cannabis, there is a really simple way to effectively diet and enjoy doing it. Use cannabis like a reward system for eating healthy foods and avoiding processed/fast/junk foods. For most people, healthy food does not satisfy that hunger craving. In my opinion, this is due to people receiving a dopamine release from processed/fast/junk food. You do not have to be addicted to processed/fast/junk food for this to happen either. By using cannabis to reward yourself for eating healthy, you can effectively remove the desire to eat processed/fast/junk food. You still get that satisfied feeling, only from a healthier alternative.

Many of the members of this forum are not from North America however

this is a seriously bad idea due to the munchies effect

Scientists believe the munchies effect is caused by the psychoactive component of cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and its interaction with cannabinoid receptors in the brain — mostly with a receptor known as CB1.

Research from 2014 suggests that people eat more food after using weed because they smell and taste it more intensely. The study, published in Nature Neuroscience, found that THC fits into CB1 receptors in the brain's olfactory bulb.

And in 2015, scientists discovered that certain neurons at the base of the brain increased appetite when activated by THC.

The research revealed that CB1 receptors flick a switch in the brain that induces this group of neurons to secrete a substance that makes the marijuana user hungry.

"Using cannabis also stimulates the production of ghrelin — the 'hunger hormone', which increases your appetite,"

I am not personally against the use of weed, but using something as a reward for an obese person that causes increased appetite is not logical.

The munchie effect is exactly the effect that can promote healthy eating. For many people, eating healthy is hard and the food tastes awful. This is where cannabis can help with the enjoyment of eating healthy food. You also have to remember that part of feeling full has to do with chewing food. Pigging out on raw vegetables can make you feel more full than soft processed/fast/junk food due to how much you need to chew.

I have never met a cannabis user interested in fresh veg for munchies lol

making yourself hungry as a reward is not the way to solve the problem.

A cannabis user interested in fresh veg for munchies is very uncommon. However I did this and lost close to 30kgs in the space of 6 months.

Could you please explain what you wanted to infer from "making yourself hungry as a reward is not the way to solve the problem."?

For this to work, you have to ignore the image that is currently perpetuated of using cannabis. Most people usually also try to exercise while losing weight. Another benefit cannabis can offer with this is its anti-inflammatory properties. It can effectively give you the ability to exercise harder, for longer.

haha. Never thought of it that way. But, yea, I could see that working. Food generally tastes 100x better, so if you control what you are eating, I could see myself binging on vegetables.

Personally, I used this method to help to get into a state of ketosis. It really helped keep off the processed/fast/junk food cravings.

I am dutch, so cannabis is easily accessible to me. I have tried it five or six times, but these have been neutral to very negative experiences, so I am not doing this again. My mind is not made for it. Also, it makes me very hungry, so it would not help me lose weight at all.

Btw... just to get a stereotype out of the way; most dutch people don't do drugs. People may try cannabis a few times (like me), or in rarer occasions, xtc, but very few people do this habitually and I think most people have not even done this. I guess it's not that interesting if it's legal.

I am sorry to hear that it doesnt work for you.

Has anyone else used cannabis for muscle pain after exercise?

For this to work, you have to ignore the image that is currently perpetuated of using cannabis. Most people usually also try to exercise while losing weight. Another benefit cannabis can offer with this is its anti-inflammatory properties. It can effectively give you the ability to exercise harder, for longer.
I have to agree. Since receiving my medical marijuana license, and started vaping it curtailed the pains of carrying a 340 pound body and allowed me to walk without discomfort. This was the start to a life altering journey. Thru diet exercise and THC I was able to lose 125 pounds.

Take a break from television, or at least avoid cooking channels. Advertisers spend years researching the best way to get you to buy, buy, buy. If you struggle with a food obsession, food advertisements are likely to make a subconscious impression. Either you'll run for the kitchen when a picture of a juicy hamburger flashes across the screen, or you'll buy more than you need the next time you're at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back