Dream It, Want It, Live It

Making the right choices is very important. In your life you make millions of little choices and every choice moves you one way or the other way. When someone is really lean and fit, then it means that most of the choices he/she made were posititve. Every day you can can choose to eat healthy foods, count calories, not eat junk food, exercise etc. You just have to make sure that most choices you make, lead you to towards your goals. Are you going to exercise today? You have 2 choices - yes or no!

First step to losing weight

Hi Guys thought i would share my knowledge with anyone starting out to lose weight heres my advise.

As a personal trainer for the last 4 years I constantly have people asking me for advise on how they can start getting better bodies!!

I can honestly say that it always requires exactly what they want to achieve. If they are looking for quick results i tell them buy all means go on a diet like Tony Fergasons and just train you but off.

But if your looking for more long lasting results that will last a lifetime. Here is what you need to do!

Make sure you consalt your doctor to see if you can perform a fitness program incase of any medical problems that may set you back.

But incase you do? Do not get disheartened because everyone can train, you just have to follow strict requirements.

Secondly once you get the all clear to start seek out a personal trainer you should find one either at your local gym or fitness studio, other wise check online.

So once you get a personal trainer make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve, how you want to be trained, and how you want to be treated!

I cant express this enough, I have seen so many times when people walk into a fitness studio looking to

(oh you should have listened..link removed) and have no idea exactly what they want from their personal trainer! So in most cases they walk out the door after a training sessions feeling completely disatisfied. Make sure you tell your personal trainer what you want so you get the most out of your sessions!

Trainers will want to know so you can get the best results but that wont happen unless you SPEAK UP!!

If there is something you don't like tell them straight out that you don't like it! Remember you are paying them to do a job and help you lose weight !!

So that's your first step go find a pt (personal trainer) now!! :seeya:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is similar to law of attraction which says if you want something to happen in your life then try to feel that it actually is happening right now, that you have already achieved it and you are going to get it for sure. That helped plenty of people to lose weight. They visualize themselves fit and they become fit.

Great OP! My own experience is that 1) if I really want it, I will (almost) always be successful. There may be setbacks, but I won't let them get me. 2) if I am not successful, I did not really want it hard enough to put in the effort to get it.

It is very rare that I really want to get something and am willing to fight hard for it that I am not able to get it.

I am getting more and more aware that this is so important, and it enables me to take control of my life. You can increase how much you want something in various ways; make it more fun (if possible), think it more through, change your expectations (expect difficulties on the way), reward yourself, make a good plan, learn to push through when you don't feel like it, etc. It's a mental battle, but I see that the more I engage in it, the stronger I become.

I'm a new in here but this post just hit like a hammer. I have been studying past year about dreaming and making dream lists. I can say that you can take this advise to anywhere in your life.
I started losing weight at summer. I decided that 5.30.2017 I have lost 20 kilos of fat. I put that on paper and signed it. I also wrote down how I feel when I have lost 20 kilos. And I can say that this works. I have already lost 12 kilos but there is Christmas coming...

they have message boards... on a much grander scale than this - with 1000s of active members so it's tough to get a feel for people who know what they're doing and those who don't.

I've been at this for about 19 months now, and while not technically a novice, on most days, I don't have a freakin' clue because there is so much conflicting info... Every so oftenI think I finally have a handle on what works for me -then I read something - and it becomes a struggle again... there is just so much self doubt - cripes if I really knew what I was doing, I wouldn't have gotten to 383lbs to begin with...

while I really do like your post and agree with it - dreaming it isn't generally enough -doing it is what it takes and having just a little belief in what you're doing is right... I'd love for there to be absolute black and white solutions to everything - it's how my brain works -but there really aren't there's a whole lot of gray out there.
Amen to that...

Part of the whole lifestyle change thing is setting reasonable expectations.. I'm stuck in that myself right now -I demand more of myself than I do of others... but for all the roadblocks I've hit myself - I at least know I haven't gotten into the throw it all away and do what I was doing before - It just stagnate... because I went about this as a habit forming exercise -my new habits are formed and I can't go back...

I've said that countless times here and on other places.. and had a diary entry recently where I talked about an old book called the power of one... the most compelling quote from the book was about how a waterfall started from a single drop of water and now look at it.. small changes eventually become massive changes.
they have message boards... on a much grander scale than this - with 1000s of active members so it's tough to get a feel for people who know what they're doing and those who don't.

I've been at this for about 19 months now, and while not technically a novice, on most days, I don't have a freakin' clue because there is so much conflicting info... Every so oftenI think I finally have a handle on what works for me -then I read something - and it becomes a struggle again... there is just so much self doubt - cripes if I really knew what I was doing, I wouldn't have gotten to 383lbs to begin with...

while I really do like your post and agree with it - dreaming it isn't generally enough -doing it is what it takes and having just a little belief in what you're doing is right... I'd love for there to be absolute black and white solutions to everything - it's how my brain works -but there really aren't there's a whole lot of gray out there.

Maleficent, don't beat yourself up this in some way or another is everyone's story before the weight loss transformation journey actually happens...but be clear it IS a journey and being such means that if you can embrace it as being a journey it will happen for you. I have learned that it's all about your mindset. You have to start by NOT thinking so much about the actual weight-loss and begin to reevaluate how you think about just you as a person. Who do you say that you are? The journey begins only after you can answer that question. Change your mind get clear in your mind about how you view this weight-loss journey and the weight will take care of itself! Trust me I struggle 13 years in my marriage before it happened for me before it made since before the light bulb went off and the weight fell of over 80 pounds! Overcoming a weight loss struggle is 80% mental 20% diet ,lifestyle, exercise. You have to like yourself now the and have confidence in your future success not going into it with FEAR AND SKEPTICISM. I hope this makes sense its my first reply lol Lot's of love and support here!

It is very easy to start but after sometime I fail to continue because of lack of motivation. What is the underlying cause? And how can I make it right? I have 77 kg of weight and have been consuming 1 ltr of hot water every day. The process of weight loss is negligible.

Very well said, I am completely agreed with your ideas.

Back