Doorway pullup bars?

Thinking about purchasing one, however im a bit skeptical about how sturdy and awkward they are. Im 6'1 about 200 lbs. Anyone out there use them?

i have yet to find one that can handle any real attention. The bar is fine, but the Door jam, and wall can't take much.

pipe and cables in the tree outback! that's a real pullup bar!

Last edited:
Thinking about purchasing one, however im a bit skeptical about how sturdy and awkward they are. Im 6'1 about 200 lbs. Anyone out there use them?

Those things are not expensive but in some of the reviews i read, they stuck to the door. I think flyingfree's idea is a good one at home, as i weigh a tonne and cannot risk damaging the doors at home with a pullup contraption that costs the same as a burger.

So i just got one of those "iron gym" pull up bars as kind of a gag gift for my birthday...but its actually pretty awesome. It locks onto the door really easy and the way its built, there is no way it can damage the door. I am 6'1, 170 lbs and it holds me just fine. The box says it can hold up to 300 lbs. The only problem is that you have to bend your knees when doing the pullups which makes them easier than being able to fully extend your legs. I like it though.

I had one years ago and cracks appeared in the walls etc, it really f**ked my doorway up. I suppose it depends what type of walls your place has and how strong they are.

here's a link discussing the range of pullup bars that might help.
pullupbardoorway.co.cc

Back