Dave's Diary

My diary is my outlet for stress in my life. It's very good therapy for me. Never feel the need to apologise in your diary, Dave. Sorry for the heavy load you & your wife are carrying.

She Ain't Heavy, She's My Daughter. :) I get what you mean though! Thanks for the condolences. TY. Best I can say is that from our perspective, Community & Social Services are more industrialized than ever before. I find that to be the burden for many and as much responsible for the byproduct it continually finds itself processing. Blame and shame is a terrible thing. My daughter has been suffering the weight of employment officers/services that have no time for those whom are unable. (hence blame and shame according to your condition) If you don't fit - there must be something wrong with you. The push for people to 'prove' they are broken because they do not fit, is just another way society isolates it's own responsibility and hides the true cost of today's values systems. To be sure we must all make our own choices, yet that is a huge topic in how to free oneself even when they find themselves living in a prison.

I'll just say you won't find any flag being flown out the front my house. Because I do my best to accept everyone; despite my fear of people. As the weight comes off and I engage more in the things that synergize with me, I'll find some human contact somewhere in the mechanized community. A lot of people in social services that I know, are not very happy with the latest reforms. Very hard nosed prejudice and it's doing a lot of damage in a sector that was otherwise being catered for. Again, that be the burden that plagues more than most care to know. Hard truths that send many to the fridge.

Moving on:

Eating -
Today I continue to keep eating 'SUPER' Clean! A+++++ for me. No biscuits, processed sugars, salts and all those things. As an addict (on everything) it's so easy to abuse those designer foods. My ethos has to be different than those who do not share my predisposition. I am a guy of extremes. Learning to push the boundaries with flexibility in my diet only comes a looooooong time after I've rehabbed myself. Once you get used to hardships it's not so bad. It's all that comfort that tends to mess with me. So it is that I must make the time to process all my food. Today I processed Red Kidney Beans. Made14 dishes worth. The kidney beans take longer and you got roll boil them (in the beginning - barely simmer after that for whatever time works) even after a soak to ensure you get rid of the bad bugs typically known of the red kidney beans. Today's pride and joy is as follows:

Red-Kindey-Beans.jpg

I remember I said I would share some pics of my old comfrey patch that used to feed my veggie garden with. My whole front yard at that time was full of comfrey. An old guy online got me into the stuff. He sent me some roots through the mail and I made so much fertilizer out of those few roots. Hard to beleive just how much produce I made with comfrey fertilizer alone:

Here is just one section of the front yard: There was about another 50 comfrey plants spread about the place
OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

I was always harvesting by only taking the big leaves. Having so many plants meant I could leave the majority of each plant behind which in turn kept them growing faster: Look at the veins on that leaf. Very healthy specimens. A beautiful plant to grow!

Keep the height of the corn in mind when looking at the following pic. I will show you what comfrey can do with a little bit of good soil prep and so forth through the comparison of this photo with the next: Note* the fence height up near the corn.

Now look at the fence. The corn is like another two foot to three foot higher than than 6 foot fence. Bumper crop to be sure with thick Juicy cobs. We don't grow it anymore because there is no corn left on the planet that is not GMO.

Home-Grown-Corn.jpg

Very VERY hard to get heritage seeds that you can trust re corn. Each to their own on that view. I pride myself on organic veggies - Today I don't trust the certifications - but that is just me. I note* that I now don't eat organic veggies as I can't afford them at the rate I am eating them. Some people higher up the food chain, don't understand that everyone can afford to prioritize as they. I do intend to go down that path once I have proven myself to stay the course and fine tune my diet. That said, I am not as willing to support the ridiculous pricing as they such a privilege be in my local area. It really should not be like so. Just another depressing thing some of us have to grow up with. I'll work on that side of things soon enough as I say. Just pisses me off that not enough people can live like so. That will sure as hell reduce what I take in, but when all you eat is fruit and veggie - that's a high cost that will take a toll on others in my family. Potting mix is not cheap either - unless I can learn to revitalize it. I'll work something out. Even the chemically affected veggies are still better than packed foods. My family is already on the spectrum. Lmfao at that one as well.

I should go through and make a slide show of my veggie patches. I think I might of shared in my last diary, but since I am using pots atm - doing so might spur me on to do a bigger project than what I already have going on. I just miss digging up the back yard like I used to. For me it sucks living in the suburbs. Just going to have to wait until I am close to 65 when the grandson has finished being brainwashed. Chuckles at that one.

I show one more plant that is really great for companion planting. I used to have many different kinds. Marigolds work good but I like to have a bit of everything. The next plant is Borage. You can see the flowers online. This image shows just how prolific it can be with its budding. probably the best be attracter in my garden. that one plant alone attacked so many.

I hope you at least enjoy my comfrey story. When I read you giving it a plug - I just had to share. It really was the spice of my garden. I admit I used manure and made up like 6 monthly to yearly batches - but that comfrey juice made all the insects, plants and myself dance all day long in my garden back then.

OK - That's a wrap. :sleeping:

Last edited:
Hey Dave, great gardening post! I enjoy gardening, but am a small and amateurish compared to you. Been keeping the table supplied with tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant of late though. Never heard of comfrey, will have to look into it.

Amazing and beautiful garden. I also use comfrey for a fertilizer--it works so nicely! I only have a few plants at this point but hope to keep expanding it.

Thanks guys. I bet they taste awesome Rob and I wish you all the best with your plant's multiplying. All I did was divide the roots from the healthy ones.

I've almost lost another kilogram but not recording it just yet as too early since my last weigh in.

I've been a little down about my shoulder issue. I researched some more on my AC shoulder reconstruction. Turns out quite a few surgeons are in debate of the procedure I had. The pain I am having is consistent with clavicle issues when pushing and pulling in certain ways. I'm not going to stress too much because I can't afford looking into a repair of a repair and know that often leads to more complications. I just know that not only is my shoulder not what it used to be, but it is also prone to a lot of pain if I stress what appears to be a micro fracture from the insertion of bolt into the hole they drilled. It gets complicated from there. It's good to learning about some of these things and if it gets too problematic I might get scans - but I really don't want back on the Convery belt. I had to have the surgery as in my case the degree of torn ligament result in complete bone separation. See below:

That's not a trap muscle ... that an unhinged bone due to a 3rd degree torn ligament that was later replaced. I was not happy about what the procedure involved but since I could not pick up a my grandson I figured I best get something done.
Shoulder.jpg

The next image just depict that is was no key whole surgery. They really opened it up to give good clearance for the drilling, threading and bolt instillation: My wife using saline solution to remove the dressing. I am such a pussy cat when it comes to pain.

Scooter-Acident-AC-Shoulder-Reconstruction.jpg

Continued Shoulder Rant - Need to Be More Mindful!!!
I still have separation but no where near as bad. The recovery time I feel I set back having to move house pretty much on my own. We could only afford a rental truck at the time and I have like maybe one or two friends that chipped in. Any jerky movements can really mess the recovery up. I found this out when pick up my old trusted mattock to prep the lawn that the previous tenant's dog had destroyed. So it has that I discovered my shoulder is simply not the same and the recovery time can actually be well over a year depending on silly individuals like me.

All is not lost. Slow movement build up over time may very well lead me back to doing free weights - BUT - I have to be extra careful. I can feel and hear the popping noises in the clavicle region where I am sure the bolt is. I am used to the noise in my other shoulder as is no more than overuse leading to ... well that grinding and popping noise that some people do with their necks. I just hope it's not what I read about post surgery and or later in life re the bolt playing into micro fractures around the area. I've got the weekend off before I dive back into my weight routine and last Friday I returned to feather weights with some success where I was able to complete my typical compound full body routine. I'm not looking to muscle up but I am looking to create the groundwork to build enough strength and maintain what muscle is left for metabolic weight loss reasons. That is is. My weight sessions are more like a cardio workout. I'm so glad I am not in the gym. Doing so would surely see me injure myself from subconsciously going along with the heavier lift mentality. In fact I am hoping very much that is all it is, as flys in the past have often seen me put out when in the comeback phase after being so long without exercise. That said, something tells me that I might have to purchase an alternative machine where I bring in my elbows in the seated position. Machine flys. However many of the affordable free weight stackable ones are inappropriate for a short guy like me, when it comes to ergonomically shifting the seat, extensions and height of the elbow pads. The work around at the moment will be NOT to let my elbows dip so low in the fly movement. Further research shows that flys do in fact overstretch the should ligaments. In my case this paces too much strain in the bolt and thus falls into the category that surgeons tall about re clavicle fractures. Basically I can do more damage and end up with additional acromioclavicular joint issues if not careful and somewhat scarred I may of done just that jumping back into the flys as I have just done.

I have run plenty of time with microfractures of the foot. Some extremely painful. My only hope is to feather weight my way back in doing isometrics by only have just enough weight to allow blood to push through my targeted muscle. In this case ... the chest. OK lesson learned for now and will ride with that. If I mess up the shoulder to bad I will not be able to perform other moves. I can't be having that.

Righto Moving On. Healthy Sun& Outdoor Exposure:
As usual, low tide my favorite time. When the tide goes out like 800 meters:
I've walked out a couple of hundred meters already and quite quite a few more to go before reaching the small lapping waves. I typically walk into the sun checking the angle of my shadow behind me as I go. The sun gets into my bones in a way the does wonders for me. With a good sun diet low in animal protein and plenty of water, I get by fine without sunscreen. I also live in Australia and that is saying something. Sensible sun exposure … 'for me' … is 100% my diet and also graduated exposure over time with selected times factoring in the seasonal changed and the UV index. What I choose to wear and not ware also plays a part. I tend to go very brown naturally when I get my bio signature working properly.

compact-camera-couple-of-sand-bars-in-13753832223-o.jpg

Cardio -Circulatory System:
I'm doing rather quite well on this front as well. At first it was all about just walking slowly to the end of the street and back. Now I am walking for 1 hour sessions in one go. Sometimes twice a day although I adjust the intensity to how I am feeling and my low tide walk may play a part in that. I hear that is excellent in terms of the calf muscle now often being termed the second heart. I note that I am also power walking in my new shoes with much more ease. I'm also using long legged lycra to avoid the atypical rashes I get in the beginning when going hard as an obese person. My colors are all out of whack, but I don't care what I look like at this stage as I am too busy enjoying that outdoors and the rush of blood that comes from being comfortable and the gain in strength as my days go from one to the next. I am also using a piece of trailer rope to hold up my pants. Not because they fall down, but because they help to keep the crutch from falling down which in turn is a must to avoid the chaffing. Getting all this right is a must for me ... autistically so! One I nail my comfort - I just have to watch I don't break any bones or have a heart attack.

In addition to walking and I also doing well enough on my treadmill. Now running 2 minute bouts with 1 minute in-between - then back to 1 minute runs when I am too exhausted to keep the 2 minute sessions going. It rates as high intensity intervals even though I am no where near as fit as when I am typically utilizing that strategy later in my comebacks.

70s 80s & 90s Music
The fact I am listening to music (with words) means I am getting serious with my exercise. In my later years as they comparably be to my past, I generally only like ambiance. I've never really understood the lyrics due to my sensory hearing issues related to my ASD. I listen to music of my past only as a means of firing the neurons to keep me motivated. Just because I did not really understand many of the songs, many I did chime along with. I did a LOT of night clubbing in my earlier days. Listening to music of the past as I experienced it, does help me connect and up my pace. In that sense I am super sensitive and have the ability with a well chosen play able to smash out my cardio workouts. I typically listen to the 80s, then the 70's. Some of the 90's but have to be honest and say nowhere near as much as the former two decades.

Part Two of Diary/ 'Journal' Entry still in Process ... continued next page:

Continued from Above:

FOOD! A+++++
Please to say I am juicing just fine! Cold press as usual. I only centrifuge certain types. Mostly pineapple that is too sloppy to be pressed. When I press fruits its only more for medicinal reasons and nowhere near in the quantity that I do with cold pressing veggies. I have a broken anatomy and it's taken me years to learn what works best for me. I nearly died from renal failure one from over exercising. I already talked about that in another thread. It was called rhabdomyolysis. The most extreme pain I ever experienced. That involved skeletal cramps. My urine was completely black. I was told I need to be careful in the future with regard to the quality of water I drink as well as ... you guessed → EXERCISE! one moment while I chuckle. In addition to my kidneys having taken a server hit (glad to say mostly recovered but still need to be careful) Is the atypical modern day No Gallbladder issue. Mine almost burst. Actually that was as much pain as the other. It goes on from there. Living without a gall bladder is not as normal as the docs make out. Other facet of concern for me is a heightened state of anxiety if left uncheck plaguing my digestive system. Also typical with ASD but commonly overlooked. Life in general these days regardless of labels is bad the for digestive system.

I guess my point here is what works for me is mostly likely completely different for someone else and also that I have spent years working out what is best for me. I know I do well on my Vegan diet which I have lasted up to two years on and in no way did I break it with a title 'Why I no Longer Eat Vegan.' I broke it because it was it was a hard diet (as it was for me - no vegan junk food) to be on compared to all more easily available foods and when I slip like addicts can do, I was simply just back into the conditioning and plain to sick from the way in which I bust. All or nothing mentality. Knowing how healthy I was in the 2-year stint is exactly why I am working my way back into it. The way I was hitting vegan without the processed foods was actually healing for my broken parts and still is. It's reason why I have kept my cold press juicer all these years. Here is a look at today’s mix. I had this for lunch long after my pre-digested oats where well absolved after an hour’s power walk under the sun. I came home hungry so made this:

Juice-1.jpg

That then turning into this:

Living Food! Cold Press really does give a buzz.
Live-food.jpg

WOOPS - I forget ... I added some Italian Parsley.
parsley.jpg

Putting in Herbs is very healing. In fact many bitter Juices works wonders. The more green and less sweeteners the better. I only added few sweeteners such as carrot and beetroot. This mix was meant to be as bitter as I could take it. Fact is I have been doing this long enough that as someone that eats raw greens - it really is not big deal. I actually don't feel the hungry when drinking my lunch like this. I mean I was famished when I got back from my walk as the previous days exercise was also craving still. But when you hit up at this level of nutrient for a fix - that thing they say about you don't fell hungry when you give your body what it needs ... I figure it to be true from my own experience.

I had myself a half liter to drink which I did slowly over 15 to 20 minutes. This way of eating can impact the kidney by way of too much fluid. It's all about timing with more solids foods and that also being a factor as to whether cooked or not. I am always playing around with texture, presoaking more as a means to digestibility and nutrient content.

Todays lunch - on an emptyish stomach as always should be with this method of feeding the body. The Beetroot and Beetroot leaves really bring home the reds. All the way to the toilet to be sure. hehe. Its great for digestion and cleaning out the gut.
Half-Liter.jpg

For dinner my staple is Wild Rice. Looks more like grass seed ... because I think it is! Swells up good and full of goodness. I don't do well with grains at all. Again that is just me. My liver is overworked with no gallbladder and my anxiety issues simply don't tolerate grains very well at all. At least not your atypical designer ones. Off to the side in the post is a slow simmer of presoaked Chick Peas:

wild-rice.jpg

I can handle eating bland quite easily when I make the decision to eat clean. Having said that, I do eat about 3.5 grams of Keens Curry, 90ish grams of Premium Coconut cream lighten up with water and then I top it off with Honey. I add things like capsicum, mushroom a touch of chilli. But mostly I add GREENS! I am very big on adding greens.

My usual day like this is presoaked Oats combined with Prunes, Ground UP Home Activated Almonds, Spirulina with lunch being a super salad which is way too long to list (not a rabbit salad) With dinner something listed as above but typically Red Kidney beans also home processed. I always try to avoid cans when I can. One might wonder where is all the protein but I know from experience, I simply do not need what is marketed. This is me ten years ago on another one of my bouts which I have had a number since then till now. Which is why I picked the user name I did. I cant keep up with this seasonal mentality as my body is starting to fall to bits.

Point being this is when I was also only eating plants. Please excuse the cheesy remarks. Was part of another forum journal.
A-comback-10-years-ago.jpg

This on and off really has to stop. At any rate, I'm just saying as much as I enjoy my meat like any other drug and boy oh boy it rates up there with the best of them when done properly, I don't pay much attention to those who say you can't thrive on plants only. The trick is you really got to know the nutrient dense ones such as nuts (also activate them for reasons I am not going to preach) the oils, fats, cooking styles, heat, cold, raw and so and on and on ... take notes, learn your own bio chemical make up and what makes you tick.

I really am just motivating myself here. Forgive me while I have this moment. haha .. such a long way to go - but it's all falling into place. This weekend and this entry all playing into it. I'll finish off just by saying despite the drama going on from day to day, year to year - it really is much better to tackle the burdens from the inside out. My shoulder really set me back but I'll give it as good a go as I have done all the times before. The last 10 years will leave me looking more haggard but then again, the other facet of plants only is it's ability to also knock off ten years.

One last portrait that sums up about where I am atm, followed by my favorite snap shot whilst floating in knee deep water.

confrontation-to-contemplation.jpg

and now for one of my favorite I often share:
ocean-sinrise-glorious-sun-13811946634-o.jpg

Good Night. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apologies I am unable to reciprocate in other peoples threads atm. I started off wanting to, but have to admit I am flat out with all exercise, change in diet and routine. When I do have time to make an entry I also typically tire myself out writing longwinded posts (I enjoy doing so) in my own thread, that by the time I get down with all I am simply exhausted. Additionally I'm not good at making short responses so tend to take up too much space in other peoples threads. Just saying I don't mean to be so self absorbed. That's actually something I'm going to have to keep an eye on in general as a regain my fitness in day to day life. My world view is also pretty far out compared to most.

But hey - I do appreciate the support. :)

Thank you.

Hi Guys - Hi Cate, Hi LaMaria ... I do hope you guys are well. Good call on the Sig. I often need reminding. :) Being kind can take many shapes I guess. The mind is a tricky thing.

I'm still nailing it with my diet. My family have been supporting me on FB and wondering how I am losing the weight so fast. My youngest boy thinks I am water fasting. lol. Note* My experience shows me although a great way to clean the body, it's not advisable to do when obese. Especially when you have compromised organs as is. That said - I will be prepping for a water fast aimed at cleaning and repairing once I have reach my earlier goals and it the water fasting technique will be part of my recovery plan. I got some good books and the topic but nothing beats experience. Best I have done to date was 7 days. I was simply not ready and able to go beyond as my kidneys hurts and my white tongue was begging for me to stop. I listened and glad I did. That said, I felt amazing after that and the process and gains I made from a bio level slung shot me into a 2 years bout of plant based living.

OK - for now, my choice of detox is simply clean eating. Now whilst I did say I have the potential to eat bland and eat only eat from a self medicinal mindset with little thought for comfort - I am at this stage using toppings. When up my current notch of intention, I will start making my own toppings. For now, I use apple cider vinegar and lemon juice quite a bit on my salads and come of my steamed veggie dinners. I also use Ginger, Honey and a small amount of Chili. My quick fixes being 'store processed' (something I am now reluctant with) is Mustard Pickles, Beetroot Relish & Vegan Mayo. The vegan mayo being the worst I have in my diet, but Its helping me with the baby steps into my varied vegan diet.

I make a list of foods that I am eating regularly so you can see I am getting way more vitamins and minerals than I was before when eating frozen pies and pizzas. Like I say before I am also big on eating my food raw (pressed/juiced) low heat/steamed. It all depends on the food I am choosing and what the science says but moreover how I feel! I do not give myself over easily to 'peer reviewed' or 'evidence based' research and or 'listings' because I know very well how marketing works, how influencing works and of course the all to often held at bay 'variables' which everyone overlooks due to convenience and comfort leading the way in deciding making which is exactly how marketing works. Thus being kind to self can be a very deluded affair when not taking said dynamics into consideration. Yet is can also be a useful signature when high spirited and know what works for self.

Again - I am motivating myself and claim to know nothing. Where was I. Oh yea my currently list of foods I am using:

Veggies:
GREENS - LOTS of GREENS! Consumed between Juicing, and Mild Stove Top mixes with pre-steam wild rice, curry-coconut & honey sauce + kidney beans and or chickpeas. Also Salads also included with high density add-ons:

Silver Beat - Kale - Broccoli - Brussel Sprouts - Baby Spinach - Peas - String Beans - Spring onion Leaf
Lettuce and Celery.

Main source of Proteins:
This is where 'peer reviewed and evidence based' science falls short for me. Being highly susceptible to the general consensus, marketing trends all the way down to fads and overall condition, protein sourced from a plant only diet cops negative reviews that do not reflect the success so many people do and are having. It all comes down to those commonly overlooked variables. I'll just say I got more than enough Protein from the above Greens and the following with the addition of Chia Seeds, Kidney Beans, Chick Peas, Activated Nuts and an assortment of Sprouted Mung Beans and Alfalfa . There is a common phrase in many documentaries called the protein myth. Bit like saying we all need to drink milk for our calcium. Which kind of leads to the whole thing with adult humans sucking on a cows teat. It's a comfort thing to be sure. haha Not sucking on the cows teat although I would not hold it against anyone. Just saying for me, the whole dairy thing is quick fix and comfort eating like going to the fringe and cutting off a chunk of cheese. As an a self admitted addict to which I think most people are conditioned to be, those foods are popularly accepted more in terms as relationship food and for those that can work it into their diets with success - I am envious none the less. Not saying I wont be eating those food ever again. I am sure I will. If I do though, they are all the types that are not good for my body and almost always lead me back down the path of self destruction. Best I can say all that. It just my point of view based on my own 'experience' - to me that is evidence based, because I take notes and love to experiment. One man's/woman's experience consist of hundreds of variables all to often not included in such heavily relied on authoritative articles. Just my take ... but its a take that takes up more space than your average tweet or meme. Takes time to work out what really works and what does not for one's self. Takes a lot of honesty too. Often me saying I am kind to myself can just as easily wind up as abuse.

My Add-Ons:
With the wide array of Greens, Wild Rice, Seeds and Nuts I list the following more as addons - but with high density nutrition a must. This is how I get more vitamin and mineral any supplement could hope to give me 'whilst I am eating this way' In fact, long term pill popping with refined matter at the level can place a toll on the kidney to which I have to be careful re my history. Too much vimian C tabs also something I like to avoid and when eating, cooking, and ingesting all these things with such in mind, those two I can also get away with. Just takes a trip to the GP when in doubt but I have no need to go see a GP when I eat this way. Here is my current list of addon that work for me:

High Density:
Dates
Prunes
Honey
Spirulina

Mung Beans (sprouted under cupboard yet to do)
Sprouts in general - Alfalfa

(Nuts already mentioned above in the high density nutrition list)

Spirulina already being in powder form, I may pestle or grind depending on activity level with digestion in mind, time of day and yadda yadda. The prunes I often soak and heat up with my steal cut oats. Being as close as I get to wheat as in being categorized as a distant relative to wheat. The history of which is fascinating stuff. Bread being just another drug. lol hahaha. sorry. Just having a moment. I gorge myself with that too.

This process reminds me when I gave up smoking. My approach is pretty full on to say the least. That said, it does not make it any less real to me. Truth? Not into that. Believing in self ... Yea, that I can do when supported and encouraged.

My latest Images.

Dinner. Steamed Silverbeet, Kale with Baked Sweet Potatoes and my home processed Kidney Beans
splashing-out-with-some-toppings.jpg

Desert: 150 grams of plant based yogurt and one Banana (a couple of things I did not mention in above list!)
Desert.jpg

The thing I find most important is to ask myself - "How am I feeling?" As long as I am feeling good, I know I am doing nothing 'wrong?' Although I also struggle with that langue as well. My own assessment (and the being the best validation I could hope for) is that having approached my comeback as I typically do - via clean eating, exercise, graduated exposure with routine and sleep in mind - the fact I am now as active as I am and feeling a 'little' more confidant means that I am not undereating and moreover, eating well.

All these long winded posts and images my own way of spurring myself on. The sharing itself maybe a little bit help for others however I certainly don't advocate that anyone choose to go down the path I am. Full respect to whatever works for anyone else. I mean not to sound like a plant based nut - I really am just trying to heal myself with the only way I have learned from my years of previous experience. Nothing more or less. The language and tone I choose may at times be confronting or conflicting to others on another path, but I only talk like so as I am basically trying to give up those food that are to me something more like drugs I can't control. I have an eating disorder with such foods. That's the honesty equation right there. I've runout of characters yet again. I'll quickly submit this then cut and past about the loop stretch bands I have ordered for rehabbing my shoulder.

Cont. ... from above ... My latest tool I ordered online. Because I did injury myself - grrrrrrr - Silly me!!! Using free-weights on a soft balance ball when I should not of at this stage of the game ... I am going to stop using the barbell and doorbells just for now. The joint I stressed is not healing whilst continuing with those. I ordered the following. I have had great success in the past with other version [Bodylastics] typically more expensive. For now I found these to be more within my means and yet just as appropriate for rehabbing my shoulder. In fact, I am positive I could tone up quite well with these loop stretch bands and given I am not aiming to muscle up as marketed - I would be happy if I could get by with bands alone. I'm also using my Cellerciser mini tramp to good effect. For now I am using a chest expander with one spring to assist with corrective exercises. In fact that is what prompted me to go back to bands:

This is the set I have ordered: Each ... 2 meters long (large) $50Australian eBay for the set as pictured.
Loop-Stretch-Bands.png

In some respects I am content with sporting the injury I have and also learning to accept my shoulder is simply going to hold me back in terms of doing the old school killing weight workouts I used to do. No I must play things much smarter in terms of my joints full stop. This will only be a good things for what is left working on the rest of me. Chuckles at that. Truth is eventually we grow old and die. I think it really helps to be humble in that regard. Especially if your the type to get caught up in the health and well being trap. Strong words I know. Nor do I have time to explain - other than to say writing about that would do me well in terms of making healthier connections with those changes that last.

Right now ... my tummy is telling me it's ready to make the most out of some cold pressed greens. Then I will be off for an hours power walk under a bright blue sky. I best get going as the days are now seemingly flying by whilst I am in such a focused state.

Until another kilogram or two!!! ... I wish you all the best in your own endeavors. ;)

Snap shot (whilst sitting shirtless in the moment) with phone but no CPL (solar) filter. Reflects well what I was exposing myself to. It certainly assisted with the emotional purging I am now finding myself in during this time of detox.

Time for me to now move on with my next day and do what I sense ... I am able to do.
treadmill.gif

Finshing-the-day-off.jpg

That's such an unusual picture with the trees underwater like that. You just don't see that here.

Hey tbere guys : ) ... Just down at my new spot now. I snapped some more shots but have no idea if they will load properly as I'm uploading from my phone as the sun is going down.

20210721-155928.jpg

20210721-162551.jpg

20210721-155754.jpg

20210721-162620.jpg

I best get going. Forgot bike light. Hope your all doing well.

~ Dave

1st things first - ANOTHER KILLO DOWN!

Progression-97-2kg.gif

I'm somewhat pleased with my results thus far. What's more pleasing is that this comeback is during a difficult period that typically sees myself giving up. When I say 'give up,' I don't mean that when I don't give up, that I am engaged in some kind of fight. For me It's more about letting go. All this kerfuffle going on atm with people playing to the tune of their, tvs, screens, & notifications. NOPE - not for me. Letting go for me means letting go of society. My labels attributed to me by those who see themselves as more equipped, underestimated my true capacity. Society is toxic and I won't be having any part of it. Now having said that, I have come to find the way in which I express that is key. I believe I did a pretty good job all things considered in the Covid19 post. Since that is pretty much going to be a one sided affair as public opinion usual is in a world of influence as that be for most - the ONLY thing I am interested in is what works for me. Therefore, the only text that matters to me, is that which I care to make. Not that which is written for the masses in some attempt to meet political, religious and cultural agendas. I have not time for such in my life. I have seen too much premature death. I have endured the cost of those who for all intent purposes despite their material fortunes they spend more time banging the drum and flying flags to impose their views on others.

I may seem gullible. I smile at that because I am not. The damage done to me in my early years play a large roll into my 'off & on' bouts and thus I sense there is a way to implement how such pain and suffering plays a role in my weight. That is why 'letting go.' works so well for me. So it is that I am only interested in people’s personal experiences when it comes to the sharing. Because my little world exists in a bigger one where humans have been depersonalized on an industrial scale, I chose to be content having learned to console in myself. I do it publicly because although I am OK with living, thinking and feeling solo - I still regard connections as vital. Yet, I see no need to be part of any group or believe X,Y and or Z. I have pretty much been living like this for nine years through my fulltime public journals. If it's not weightless, then its Mental Health, Wellbeing, Mindfulness, Spirituality and so on. I have no agenda, group, country, system of believe or anyone to impress. The few friends that can handle my take and stick around - alls well and good. Fact is, noting stays the same. I came into this world on our own and it's exactly how I will go out. What connections I make in-between is a bonus. Those that do not help, I choose to make them disappear simply by cutting them out. In this regard I am learning that it is not the people one cuts out that matters, but that which influences them so easily. If you don't cut out the influence but only the people, then you will only come across more people that carry with them that influence. Easy come, easy go. Now that I have created a filter onto my next image that shows me about me.

People Watching!
People - like zoo animals they be. At least in my world as it be. Chuckles to self. I have this little camera that many pro-consumers do not like because the results are not glossy enough for their style/expectations; something else I care less for. I absolutely love my super zoom compact camera and the pixelated results. It allows me to study human behaviour from a distance in much the same way film makers do in wild life documentaries.

This image I took whilst part ride on a bicycle ride. I randomly pulled over to rest in the sun. I pondered whether I should ride along the beach but figured there might be too many people about. Something that ruins my vibe when I am out and about. Again - I have no issue being a solo individual. So I take the first shot for back at home on my computer where I later enjoy gauging the scene.

My target point is a couple of kilometres across the bay. This image being more for expanse.
aprox-5km-across-the-bay.jpg

Below Image Clickable:
Super-Zoom.jpg

Naarrr - I think I will give riding on the beach miss. This is why I love my new spot. Not many people to be found around in and around it. But I really love gauging these photos. It's like on observation games. You can tell how in sync people are from the clothes they are waring. Some feeling the cold more than others and so on. Each in their own world and others perhaps taking up space in others. Some happily so, others not so and so on. You don't have to be face to face to see read it either. I won't make a full on observational report like I would with say my astronomy days where I would draw the face of the moon, globular clusters, galaxies and or various constellations. I'll instead show another image that covers a greater distance with good results. Reflects well me yearning to go more than skin deep: Below Image Clickable:

Incidentally: The red route below where my new spot is. The fat guy undressing on the beach who no longer cares :)

Introduction-Image.jpg

Really loved the energy I was sensing with the individual walking their dog along the beach in the image above. I know they had plenty of pace because the pixels in my electronic view finder told me so. I also learned a lot about that background suburbs which included two of them. How far apart the houses were and where each on of them was taking up space.
1800-X-forum-Post.jpg

So it is that I enjoy imaging people, landscapes and houses, but respectfully do so from several kms away. Super Zoom Camera offer up some really interesting shots if you have the time to put in. I just take at random and select the ones and write about them from whatever perspective. A picture says a thousand words, but don't count until you yourself - can type them out in your own way. I also love adding filters to change the scope I'm looking through.

4.1 Kilometers to beach - 6 to 6.5 to the Pine trees
Walking-Fluff-Dog-2.jpg

Below: my beautiful grandson
the-Beach-Laughter-portrait.jpg

For now ... I have to go bare my chest and greet the sun despite the cold front. Feels really great though - freezing and feeling warm at the same time. I see if I can hold out until I loose another thousand grams.

See you all - or myself then next post ... and who says I don't have filters?

~ Dave

Last edited:
RANT! I think the next kilo is going to take longer. So I post in my usual fashion re online journaling.

My daughter was taken to hospital in a confused stated. She reported that she felt awake and asleep at the same time and that her mouth was not moving properly. I've kept a lid on things well enough; up till now. I warned the doctors and nurses that my family is sensitive to medication. Since my daughter was released from the local mental health unit, we have had nurses coming and going to my home twice a day for a week now and it seems this is going to continue until a someone in the system is satisfied that my daughter is no longer a risk. Whilst this may appear to be a well intended service there is much negligence with said front line workers. Complacency among these automated workers on the lower levels: is rampant and as such, impacts peoples humanity. This dynamic something those more fortunate do not understand. In most cases people are conditioned to care less when they see the unsuccessful. More over the automatic response is to see such lacking individuals as deserving when not fitting into ones own box. This be exactly how my daughter and many like her continually to slip through a net that from my perspective does not exist.

Biblically, I was myself once trained to think like so. Thankfully I snapped out of that way of living. I have my wife to thank for that. Coincidentally these mindsets of which I speak are currently rampant in the current climate of intense conditioning re CV19!!! The impact that has nothing to do with the bug is destroying more lives whilst many groups and power mongers exploit these times.

Sigh - Back to my daughter and things at home. Chemical handcuffs we call them. Absolutely disgusting. I can only view it as criminal forcing a young girl (let alone anyone) to take medication when they do not want it and even worse when the family has protested re sensitives. She is now being treated as if she was the criminal. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I've very much outlined with the above how it is that so many people today feel like taking their own life. And well ... the automated response is very much dogmatic as described in a way that only feeds the problem that the puppets say they are there to fix. This is how the responsibility is passed around - our merry-go-round. Well - me - I have no issues highlight how such tings be. Better out than in.

Right now - all these people coming to my house is also messing my my, my wife's and my grandsons routine. It would not be half as bad if the people were not different people each time. That in itself is major trigger for my grandson and I. Consistency is everything and I also take a moment to think how that also impacts my daughter. Building rapport is a huge thing when dealing with humans/humanity. The fact they are not allowing this by way of keeping the individuals consistent is a huge conflict of their own interests. GGGRRRRRR I admit that makes me very upset. Complacency at it's finest. No wonder the system is overwhelmed. They impact these people have when coming into family homes negates the narrative they parrot. I actually had to deal with people like this when I was a disability support person. I have seen also with a number of nursing agencies and seen the gradual decline over time. This my friends is ground zero re the institutionalization of human services

Now to depersonalize all that? Irony of sorts given the Einstein quote of late. Me more meaning to write publicly in a way that does not put others in their discomfort where Einstein's take, is about the complex nature of living in an industrial world that then erodes a individuals humanity. For that we are too late. Indeed we have not only one generation of idiots, but multiple generations fractured on all levels where confusion and delusion reigns. Socially engineered to be so. Of course that latter perspective depends when in the machine you fit.

It's time for me to hit the treadmill. I only made this post because the dynamics surrounding my daughter and her ending up in hospital re the chemical handcuffs. None the less, better out than in. Takes a big breath ...

I mean not to sound bitter and do note like feeling this way as well as aware of how the way we conduct ourselves or simply be - impacts others. Definitely hard times at the moment. Nevertheless - is not good to remain oppressed.

I now go set a new record on the treadmill.

Last edited:
Back