Dave's Diary

I´m so sorry things are so rough for your daughter and you (and the rest of the family). I hope it gets easier soon.

I hold on to as much humanity as I can & hopefully can stay out of "the system" as much as I can. I really feel for you & your family, Dave. That whole situation sucks!

Hi Guys. I retract my statement where I said those more fortunate do not understand. I was more meaning the metaphor about not knowing unless you have walked in that other's shoe. Of course there are those more fortunate that do not like the way things be. My bad.

I think our concerns as well as out daughters re the medication will be taken more seriously now. The hospital confirmed that the medications our daughter has been subject to, have triggered an epileptic reaction. Everyone is tired from the hours involved with an overnight treatment and a stay up at the hospital. The hospital have advised the mental heath team to stop all antidepressants and antipsychotic medications. The latter overly used these days not only to tranquilize but used for insomnia.

OK - I'm staying out of it now. Unless they keep pushing those toxic meds. That said, my family and each individual is different. I understand that these meds can be of help to people in extreme situations. I myself have a script for diazepam (valium) which is PRN only. My doctor is pretty good. She knows I do not like such meds and much prefer healthy lifestyle choices. I only take it in extreme situations where my yadda yadda PTSD is triggered where if those bouts are not controlled I am unable to sleep for days. My situation is also exacerbated by my assigned ASD label. All these things I do not wish to identify with other than attributing to my strengths.

I was on a good wicket until all this recent fuss. All these people coming and going is very confronting re my own situation. That said, the reason our daughter is living with us is because she needs to be supported it's good for our grandson to have his mum about. I've been told things will settle down in few weeks re the daily disruptions.

For now I need to keep focusing on my own health. I never did hit the tread mill like I said before. I try that now than had on down to my new spot. Here is a shot I took walking out at low tide yesterday around noon:

I went again today to lose my mind under the midday sun whilst stepping over all them symmetrical sand ridges until I reached the ocean. Imho as relates to me, much better than all those medications. My daughter said she might start walking with me, but I wont force her. Just the occasional prompt is the best I can do. Although worried, she seem happy about her episode as the system might back off some and give her some slack re those chemical handcuffs. Thanks for the condolences. Now ... get back on that damn treadmill Dave!
Low-tide.jpg

Me neither. If you'd prefer not to get them I'd try to remember that though.
Not sure what you mean LaMaria. If I prefer not to get them, what is it that I should try to remember?

EDIT: Oh ... I now get it. You mean now that I mentioned it, that you might try to remember that I am not a fan of the like feature and thus if you remember not use it. If so ... narrrr is OK. I would not want or expect that. I was just curious if there was an option to turn it off because I found an option to turn off the notifications of it was all and then figured it might be worth asking. That said, Thanks - I'll now I am being respected if it all falls quiet. lol ...

Too many algorithms for me to process. Hard to explain. I'll just go with ... see how I did not pick up on your comment. Dyslexia and likewise glitches make all the buttons more of a distraction and often confusing with the way many use such things.

Hitting the treadmill just to deplete my 02 and make myself more confused. :)

Last edited:
Hi Anya. Always nice to meet new people. I hope you find the forum helpful. Is good to write and encourage oneself as well as be encouraged. Are you just starting a new program?

lol LaMaria. That is the kind of spirit I'm into. hehe. :rotflmao:

arr OK - can someone explain to me why I was talking to a new forum member who as magically disappeared? Let me guess? Spam? Pretty picture, 1st post in another's Journal instead of the introductions of creating their own? I guess you guys get a lot of that. Happens. Oh well - Just when I thought my lucky day had arrived. :cry:

Treadmill!
Still doing one to two minutes bouts in-between recovery walks. I think it's going to be this way until I loose another 5 killos. All good. I shall persist.

CORE!
I will be focusing on core exercises after each treadmill session as well as during those bouts.

FOOD:
I am still eating clean. Admittedly I had some cookies the other night when the rice crackers did not seem to do much. That said, I still am eating pears and carrots as snacks most of the time. Not too many pears. Just enough to be healthy.

That's it for now. Lots of recovery walks outside to including the sunshine exposure.

SLEEP:
I've been dreaming but not really having much control over them as I would like. The content also not exactly positive. That said, apart from the toilet trips to empty bladder - I feel like I am sleep through much better. I could ease up on the hydration at night to see if that results in less trips to the toilet. Definitely not going to have an operation to fix it. The operating table and offers for surgery reminds my of the pharmaceutical store like candy. I've trained myself well enough to cope with my natural decline.

STRESS!!!
Doing what I can to avoid it - but what I can't I'm also finding the exercise and solo outdoor adventures help. I'm pondering on meditation as that has helped in the past and I have a good history with it. Takes discipline - but also helps re weight loss during these intense stages as they be in the beginning for me.

I've got some time out coming up. An 8 day trip away with a friend on a caravan adventure to wherever. I just stipulated - No Crock Territory is all. I like to walk along the beaches uninterrupted.

Another one of my favorites:

My wife and I on a Melbourne Tram - A well meaning photo bomb
blog.jpg

Steady as she goes. The Heliotherapy I am self regulating is working quite well. Great video on the subject of sunlight → HERE [University of California Television (UCTV)]. Dosing can be a bit tricky in the early stages but I feel my body is adapting quite well. Sleep is improving but there is room for improvement. My next step with sleep is to switch out my phone for a tablet in airplane mode for reading only ... blue light filter and all that. Routine I will also become more strict with by being in bed by a certain time. 9PM by the latest, however depending on the day it may be earlier with a good read. I've enjoyed less time on my computer as well as leaving my phone at home a lot more.

In fact I just ordered an old school MP3 player that only takes an SD card and must use wired headset. This for me is two fold. First: No more being interrupted whilst I am out on my dedicated power walks/runs (runs when I am more able!) Secondly I'm down with all the EMF over my brain with wireless buds, headphones and always the phone on my body. If it's not on my body then I have to carry a bag. Such a ball and chain. I have come to despise my phone and everything it represents. As for EMI or Phone Radiation - here is a good link to the science that the marketers don't want you to know. That said, Telstra is coming on board with more outright warnings as the science is starting to penetrate the marketing. Good listen whilst on a long walk:

"The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation" -- Dr Devra Davis [ The University of Melbourne ] The reports on earbuds and headphones do no account for the location of those devices; either side of the brain. Marketed studies only include very VERY mild use - like once a week for only 30 minutes. That's laughable and really shows the lengths being put in place to block the science. I really don't care what others think, but for me as a power user that has been using these devices for hours on end everyday of the week for years on end - it's time for me to start listening and since I am getting back into my health - I am not only disconnecting from toxic society but also most of the wireless tech. Seems pointless getting back into my meditation days with Bluetooth ear buds for an assist. Having warranted the science from my perspective and knowing the deception and denial that plagued the masses as is, I can't think of anything more disabling than playing along anymore than I have. What brain cells I have left are starting to feel pretty dense with all this exposure so I figure going back to the old ways of a wired connection and *&^% all phone is a great way forward for me. One sec - Phone is ringing. BRB

Physical aspects to me day:
Plenty of sunlight - walk at low tide with my wife and grandson. I chase him around for a bit. Did some yard work and jumped in the back yard on my mini-tramp to mix things up a bit. I shaved my head for some more solar surface and breathability. I also did random stretches throughout the day Tomorrow I look forward to the treadmill again.

Think of buying an elliptical to compliment my treadmill. I've found the elliptical to be a very good source of cardio in the early stages at the gym and also great for recovery in many situations. I think done right it would also be good for my shoulder if I get the cross trainer variety. That said I am also look at the HIIT variants as well. Those having a more step like movement. I am undecided but have a lot of good info at this stage.

No rush.

The next kilogram can take its time. I sense my passion to nail this comeback seems solid enough with everyday seeing my make small wins, where the scales are heading in a seemingly positive direction. Lots of stretching and drinking water as well as sitting in mild discomfort re cravings still being in the early stages to giving up the designer foods. My fat is starting to gel which I know is a good sign. I know that stage well. Shoulder still needs nursing - but man - the sun is helping so much with that. I will be looking to exercise in the sun as much as I can. On that note - I note* ... moving in the sun is far better to sustaining more of it over longer periods. Good tip for when just getting back into it.

Setup-Location-Low-Tide.jpg

I'm also still working on outdoor exposure as it relates to circadian rhythm with not only being exposed to the changing light intensity, but also the changing temperatures. Both of which being indoors , covered up more then one should, always waring sunglasses and all the other conditioned BS trinkets ... goes a long way to *&^%ing up one's rhythm.

So many different aspect I am changing but it all seems to be working well for me because I don't need any of those dugs the white coats, doctors and nurses always try to push on me. And I mean all the drugs as well as the BS surgeries!

I'm off to find another forum as my direction will not fit well in here.

It was nice to get a kick start going. I might pop back in to show the results - but in the mean time I have a lot of toxins to expel and it won't bode well in here.

Thanks for your support. Look forward to when I do pop back in. You guys take care as well. :)

All the best, Dave.

Back