Daily Check In - For support & motivation

just checking in. i am not happy. my motivation is so low its almost flat. weight loss just stopped at 206. it just wont go down. im certain that my calories are ok. im not sure i can handle another week with no progress.

just checking in. i am not happy. my motivation is so low its almost flat. weight loss just stopped at 206. it just wont go down. im certain that my calories are ok. im not sure i can handle another week with no progress.

You CAN handle another week. Remember that this isn't a diet, something you can just drop and then walk away from, it's a lifestyle change. You don't want to go back to the way you used to be, do you? Junk food and over eating is toxic for your body.

You may have reached a plateau. There is a lot of information on this site (and others) that give you solid information on how to get past a plateau. And remember that the less you weigh the less calories your body needs. So the amount of calories that where causing you to lose weight 10 pounds ago may be too much to cause a the new lighter you to lose weight.

Also, are you being more active? Doing physical activity at least 3-4 times a week?

I'd love to see some stats, how much you're eating and how much activity you're doing along, that would give a clearer picture on what I can suggest to kick the weight loss into overdrive.

This sounds like a good thread to be a part of :)

I am frustrated with myself today... i was going to go to the gym and did not go :( Argh! I have to stop sabotaging myself.

This sounds like a good thread to be a part of :)

I am frustrated with myself today... i was going to go to the gym and did not go :( Argh! I have to stop sabotaging myself.

Yeah, it can be hard to be motivated sometimes to drive to the gym. That's why my boyfriend and I invested in a Wii. It's always in the living room staring at us, so it's harder to ignore or put off. And on the days that are brutally hot we don't have to worry about getting out in it to get a good workout. :)

But even if you don't have a Wii or exercise equipment there are always exercises you can do in your own home, you just have to get up and do them. I know, easier said than done. lol

Yeah, it can be hard to be motivated sometimes to drive to the gym. That's why my boyfriend and I invested in a Wii. It's always in the living room staring at us, so it's harder to ignore or put off. And on the days that are brutally hot we don't have to worry about getting out in it to get a good workout. :)

But even if you don't have a Wii or exercise equipment there are always exercises you can do in your own home, you just have to get up and do them. I know, easier said than done. lol

lol very true! :) before i moved into my current house, there was a gym literally a 2 minute walk ( just on the next block). however it closed before we moved here...so now have to drive to another gym. i would like to think if that gym was around i would be going to it all the time! plus i am dependent on rides from others to get to the gym, so i can't go whenever i would like.

I'm frustrated this morning. The scale this morning told me I was 3 lbs heavier than yesterday morning. I can't attribute it to eating a large meal or extra salt. I think maybe it might have something to do with getting somewhat dehydrated on sunday golfing in the 90 degree heat and my body must have been hoarding everything I drank yesterday. But, meh, largest day over day gain in a month. I feel like I just lost a week of progress. *sigh*

Motivation.... NIL. WEnt to the gym yesterday, felt good about that; did well with food. Last night I was on here and I read a post with some pictures.... kind of a before and *present/in progress* photo. It totally took teh wind out of my sails. This person was upset about their post-pregnancy body.... I would pay money to have her post pregnancy body. I feel like God is punishing me or something - I know that sounds crazy but it's how I feel. I don't understand why this had to happen to me. It's irrelevent anyway. At this point, it is, what it is, and I have to deal with it, one workout at a time. Woke up feeling lousy -- did manage to get to the gym; got my 20 mins HIIT cardio in plus some light upper body weights (gotta be a bit careful wtih the tendonitis). Went to shower... ohhhh not good. There had been a spinning class in so the change room was full. I am/was so embarassed about my body that I had a panic attack; not a bad one, but enough to be kinda scary. I'm not going to post pictures but suffice it to say, I gained 80 lbs during my pregnancy and still need to lose 50 lbs.... I look like an onion with legs - it's absolutely awful. Actually I still look pregnant :p. I'm waiting for someone to ask me when I'm due... at which point I'll probably burst into tearsl :(

I am proud of myself for going to the gym regardless of how lousy I felt though.... I think that's positive :)

Cheers,
bluemomma

I'm frustrated this morning. The scale this morning told me I was 3 lbs heavier than yesterday morning. I can't attribute it to eating a large meal or extra salt. I think maybe it might have something to do with getting somewhat dehydrated on sunday golfing in the 90 degree heat and my body must have been hoarding everything I drank yesterday. But, meh, largest day over day gain in a month. I feel like I just lost a week of progress. *sigh*

You're more than likely right about being dehydrated and it effecting your scale weight. I've experienced this phenomena myself on days when I don't drink enough water then as soon as I start drinking a lot more water I get a "whoosh" of weight loss a day or so later. So yeah, drink up! :D Drinking LOTS of water while on a weight loss program is HIGHLY underrated. It really is unbelievable the difference it makes.

Motivation.... NIL. WEnt to the gym yesterday, felt good about that; did well with food. Last night I was on here and I read a post with some pictures.... kind of a before and *present/in progress* photo. It totally took teh wind out of my sails. This person was upset about their post-pregnancy body.... I would pay money to have her post pregnancy body. I feel like God is punishing me or something - I know that sounds crazy but it's how I feel. I don't understand why this had to happen to me. It's irrelevent anyway. At this point, it is, what it is, and I have to deal with it, one workout at a time. Woke up feeling lousy -- did manage to get to the gym; got my 20 mins HIIT cardio in plus some light upper body weights (gotta be a bit careful wtih the tendonitis). Went to shower... ohhhh not good. There had been a spinning class in so the change room was full. I am/was so embarassed about my body that I had a panic attack; not a bad one, but enough to be kinda scary. I'm not going to post pictures but suffice it to say, I gained 80 lbs during my pregnancy and still need to lose 50 lbs.... I look like an onion with legs - it's absolutely awful. Actually I still look pregnant :p. I'm waiting for someone to ask me when I'm due... at which point I'll probably burst into tearsl :(

I am proud of myself for going to the gym regardless of how lousy I felt though.... I think that's positive :)

Cheers,
bluemomma

I just noticed you're down five pounds! Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Just found this thread - NEAT IDEA!!!

My day's going good so far. Really tired after a late night last night though.

Today is supposed to be my big cardio day and I wand to try to run 2 miles, but I may have to take a nap first or I won't make it!

Hope yall are doing good!

Great thread idea!

Hmm... I'm getting hungry every couple of hours today. Maybe it's my body craving water too?

It's sunny in winter! I'd rather be walking the dog than at work right now and I have to work all weekend too :( It's just so hard to exercise when you get home and it's dark, miserable and cold. My doona and heater beckon to me all night!

Just checking in. Making sure I'm re-motivated to be back to my normal routine. You see, I was on vacation al last week, and while I didn't go off the wagon or do anything I regret, I got away from my normal routine. The biggest things were, I wasn't able to count my calories like I've been doing, and I wasn't able to do my normal weight lifting schedule. I was still able to lose some weight over the last week, but it was hard to measure because of spending a lot of time out in the sun and heat and different levels of dehydration and water retention. Today, I've resumed counting calories, and I'm heading back to the gym for my normal monday weight lifting routine. Wish me luck!

Just checking in. Making sure I'm re-motivated to be back to my normal routine. You see, I was on vacation al last week, and while I didn't go off the wagon or do anything I regret, I got away from my normal routine. The biggest things were, I wasn't able to count my calories like I've been doing, and I wasn't able to do my normal weight lifting schedule. I was still able to lose some weight over the last week, but it was hard to measure because of spending a lot of time out in the sun and heat and different levels of dehydration and water retention. Today, I've resumed counting calories, and I'm heading back to the gym for my normal monday weight lifting routine. Wish me luck!

Oh wow! You managed to LOSE weight over your vacation?! That's a friggin' awesome! Congratulations! I go on vacation in less than a week and I'll be gone for a week and a half...so I'm super nervous not being able to count calories the entire time as we will be eating out a lot since it's a long road trip. The only thing I'm hoping for is to avoid a weight gain, I don't think I can be so lucky as to get a loss. In all honesty it will be a miracle if I don't gain weight over our vacation as my entire eating and exercise schedule will be disrupted for 9 days.

You did amazing not only NOT GAINING but LOSING WEIGHT! Way to go!!:hurray:

Way to go mar1984!! Congradulations and g'luck this week!!

Another club that should never have died.

Too many great club ideas have been hidden by threads that are not clubs at all.

I agree with you Omega, this club sounds like such a good idea! I am all pumped about staying with my brand new "healthy eating plan" - I hate the word diet! But all the kids left and I am sitting here just craving a cookie. I know I am NOT hungry, I had plenty for dinner. It's just habit and I have gotten to used to giving into my cravings, erggh! I am on target for calories today too!

Well done!

If we stick together we can have another good day today.

Lets make our weight loss dreams happen - one day at a time.

It's fairly early still, just after lunch. I had some cottage cheese with pineapple for breakfast. Then chicken breast in teriyaki sauce with stir fried carrots and onions. I need to shop! There's a lot more veggies and things I'd like to have on hand.

What are some of your favorite things to eat (low cal)?

Back