Covid-19 ... coronavirus ... thoughts?

at least you are getting the straight scoop. the only US maps i see indicate total cases. since the start California, Texas and New York have always had the indications of the greatest number of cases... DUH...!!! the worse outcome is that small population states where the infection rate PER CAPITA is high, look as if they are doing great.
Try COVID Data Tracker

I quite like United States Coronavirus: 28,261,470 Cases and 497,174 Deaths - Worldometer The don't have a ton of data per state but they do mention per capita cases and amount of tests.

I've just came back from a shop near here, outside around -14 Celsium and windy, without sun. A woman near me put her bag on the snow, opened an ice-cream and started to eat..., corona just can't suvive with our people lol :)))

Happy Mardi Gras!

I was happy to see that even with the virus New Orleans has been able to do something of a celebration. Mardi Gras party carries on in New Orleans with "Yardi Gras" porch parades - CBS News

I have a lot of good memories of Mardi Grases past (not sure what the plural is). Last year it was probably the Mardi Gras celebrations that catapulted New Orleans and Louisiana into the infection lead. I was actually in New Orleans last year but choose to visit with cousins rather than go to parades, turns out to have been a good decision, even if just by luck.

Too cold!!

Happy Mardi Gras! ...
huh... i never pieced the two together, but Mardi Gras is somehow related to Easter and while the Lunar New Year (last Friday) is based on the New Moon, Easter is calculated by the Full Moon. i wonder how being a lunatic became such a negative thing ... :)

Mardi Gras is somehow related to Easter
Yes, it's Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent. And Lent is the 40 day period of fasting and deprivation before Easter. That about exhausts my liturgical calendar expertise. So in Louisiana and much of the world its the big day of partying before doing without. It is celebrated similarly in lots of places, also called Carnival (Venice and Rio), Pancake Tuesday (in the UK, I think) and probably many other things.

i suppose the only excuse i can offer is that our county has 15x the population density of Tasmania.

yesterday in San Diego County...
one day in San Diego.jpg

omitting the worst months' data (lower graph) over the 2020 holiday surge presents a clearer picture of where we are currently compared to the past year. hopefully the U.S. will maintain a downward trend although the actions by some governors over the past few weeks doesn't seem to be a very positive step...

coronagraph full - one year - sm.jpg
i believe this upper graph is actually when i was doing a 14 days average. the 7 day average presented a graph that spiked even higher.

coronagraph - one year.jpg

Last edited:
so after being well below 100 cases/ day for a month or more, our county is now seeing 200+ cases/ day again. who can you thank? Trump and all the idiots at One America News who are actively spreading false statistics. with every new case there are chances of a mutation and now the Delta variant is the predominant strain being more infectious. think this is the end? not even close. deadlier variants will continue as long as the redumblican vaccine deniers continue to spout their misinformation.

silver lining? 99% of COVID deaths are Trump supporters.

My 'trust' for authorities was gone well before Covid19. I still do not trust them during the plandemic/pandemic (take your pick - I certainly will not nail you to a cross for having an opinion that is different from mine or anyone else's) and will not anytime afterwards. Once you understand how mass manipulation works combined with grass roots self policing, [AKA public pressure / social influencing] then you begin to understand how it is that people resist. I'm not talking about one side either. That mentality is very limiting. I recently mentioned the terms 'peer review & evidence based' in my diary, both of which are just as easily manipulated like the stories on the news. Other labels such as 'Tin Foil Hat' & Conspiracy Theorists' are no more than tools to demonize and separate those who's apprehension, shared thoughts and or conclusions are different to current political & Media agendas combined with the conditioned consensus. Also known as perception management. The things I have not learned by being a part of a group. Group mentality only feeds the current crisis our world finds itself in.

Objectively I can only say that having not picked sides, that based on my understanding and experience with said social engineering, I see valid points on both sides that would do me and others well; in respecting. I myself choose not to be party to anything that yields bitterness and hatred that only serves to demean and marginalize. I find such to be a conditioning trap of separatist thinking which in turn is the spice of mass marketing. The term 'The System' in a societal context for some means invested time, faith, emotion and of course, above all: money. More the power to those that can make such a complex web work; without impacting others. Point is, such ideals are well known to come at great cost. The fallibility of such ideology is conveniently marginalized during such times as these when perception management takes front seat. Yet the subtly of mass control is currently loosing it's grip as public anxiety is more easily seen and felt by all resisting on either side.

I find this reactionary response to Covid19 (or any problem, reaction & solution - aka control technique/perception management) to be 1st, more toxic than the disease itself and 2nd, most certainly revealing in terms of social engineering. The latter having confirmed pretty much what I have come to personally know. I also feel the tone in which others so typically share, validates many of the would be marginalized groups. Of course this perspective not so easily seen by those whos lives are orchestrated through said invested time, faith, emotion & money. So it is that to me, distrust is not something I choose to see as wrapped in a tin foil or easily dismissed by calling it a con. The distrust that frustrates so many is no more than a byproduct of the current value system to which impact can easily been seen in all peoples regardless for whom they vote.

Me? I will get vaccinated regardless. Sooner or later most people will. I am someone that feels a lot of good has come from Covid19. It has exposed a much more threatening cancer of society that for many will offer up a new level of purging. In the long run, that will be good thing for the society. Lest we continue on our current path within a digitized pipe line that far exceeds our current level of maturity.

If I may quote Albert Einstein (regarding his concerns the atomic bomb to which he played a very large part) “I believe that the abominable deterioration of ethical standards stems primarily from the mechanization and depersonalization of our lives,” he wrote in a letter to his friend, psychiatrist Otto Juliusburger, in 1948, “a disastrous byproduct of science and technology. Nostra culpa!”

Nostra Culpa is a Latin phrase that means "through my fault" and is an acknowledgement of having done wrong. Later these quotes have been reworded into a popular quote that many articles debate that Einstein never said yadda yadda … nevertheless it's approved of for good reason:

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”

The context to who said it is as alluded to above. The point for me is that it's during times such as Covid19 and many others not so well exposed, that this quote seem to fit for our current generation in which we all live no matter age, color, creed, faith, sex, belief and so on. My own personal wording of late has been "The industrialization of social services and precursor to mental decline." In this light, societal response to Covid19 in it's entirety could not be anymore mechanized and depersonalizing.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts in this thread tittle: Covid-19 ... coronavirus ... thoughts?

To whomever you are and whatever you beleive ... Stay Safe! ;)

Last edited:
Link to an interesting study on why many people are anti-vax and anti-mask: When more Covid-19 data doesn’t equal more understanding

Dave, good post, not that I agree with everything you said, but it was rationally put and understandable. Most important thing you said is in the quote.
I have some friends that agree and some that don't That said, none of us demeans the other no matter how differnt our views. Thanks for saying Bob. Means a lot.

PS ... forgive me if I don't visit link. Reason I wont is in my previous reply. I much prefer to hear what individuals think from thier own experiances rather than influencial speech. Thanks again.

I say so not because you added the link, but because I thought is was obvious I don't rely on such articles / reports and for obvious reasons. When I said the word distrust, I meant it to the fullest degree. I do not watch the news, listen to the radio, watch commercial TV or read online articles that have .gov.au or linked to any news or media agency. I block all likewise adverts that link to such things and consider them invasive. I take active noise cancelation ear buds and use them to full effect when in public waiting rooms. Whilst society does all it can to expose what they call citizens to 24/7 influential speech, yes men, head nodders, rent a crowds and so on, I do all I can to avoid it and only beleive in what I feel it sits well with me.

It won't be long before people are arrested for not watching the news or not looking at the waiting room screen. I've even trained myself to see straight through billboards, bus advertisement and again on and on. I appreciate the sentiment for sure. Is all good. I have a good idea what it already says without having to take a look; all the different versions to be sure. I don't live in that same world any more. One in which people are so easily led by text. Instead I make my world by using creating own text and doing it without fear or some need to be validated by others.

I'm happy for you to share your own version of text with me regarding your own thoughts on such, but to be honest - the nitty gritty of what people think is Covid, is far from what I would define as matters; especially those that base their findings on something they saw on a screen and speak in absolutes. In fact, the more people wish to be right and project in as such a manner, the more I feel society declines.

I'll leave the rest for my diary where I am more empowered to continue living in my world. I expect this thread will continue to be weighted more in one direction; that's ok. I'm sure someone else will be very interested in the link. Thanks again.

I adjust the settings in my notifications so my world remains undisturbed and likewise whatever ripples I may or may not of made here; fade. Your most certainly still welcome to pop in. ;)

Last edited:
Hey Dave, no problem, you should decide what you want to read.

I did not say so, but the link is to an MIT study that I believe is relatively even handed, not a government or news outlet thing. I do read those, but tend to agree with you. I think most all of the media is biased one way or the other and make little effort to balance. I try to provide the balance by reading all sides, not always easy to do. I believe government stuff is a mixed bag, I am however disappointed in most of what our government has put out on the topic.

congratulations Texas, Florida and Missouri... three states in the US that combined are now making up 40% of the entire world's COVID-19 cases.

what do these states have in common....?

ans... 3/3 Republican governors... 6/6 Republican Senators ... two thirds Republican Congressional Reps.

Last edited:
congratulations Texas, Florida and Missouri... three states in the US that combined are now making up 40% of the entire world's COVID-19 cases.

what do these states have in common....?

ans... 3/3 Republican governors... 6/6 Republican Senators ... two thirds Republican Congressional Reps.

WTF are you talking about? The whole US new cases are less than 10% of the world daily new cases. The UK has more despite having a much smaller population

Back