conditioning for muay thai

I don't know with the kind of training I'm doing in the Pre-heavybag class, (Stretches, 60 pushups, 60 situps, 60 squats, 60 lunges, run for 25 minutes, do 5 pushups and then jump for like 2-5 minutes, practice combos with a partner, do a pus-up and then clap hands with a partner for 2-5 minutes) excessive additional training would be unnecessary if not pointless. I would just go to class 1-3 more times a day which would MAY pushing it.

Oops wrong form i think... :)

Hi, ive been doing muay thai for about 2 months now and seriously am getting into it as a sport and obsession! my goal is to visit a camp in thailand within a couple months, however i dont feel my body is ready for that level of training and so i would like to take advantage and do as much conditioning at 110% each day if possible. i have 2 months free off work and school now and so with a full day how much conditioning can i possibly do... im talking weight training for power and strength and even cardio for a better system. I know the basics of training but i want to take it to extreme levels if possible but im struggling on putting together a workout routine.
what i have so far is :
1. healthy food (calorie deficit - wanting to lose belly fat)
2. weight lifting 4-5 times / week
3. 30min jog 3-4 times / week
5. muay thai class lasts about 1 and 1/2 hours of practicing technique and conditioning :SaiyanSmilie_anim: :boxing_smiley::rofl:

i feel with my full days of being free for 2 months that i can be training more / harder... any suggestions or improvements? appreciate it in advance!
i reallly wana get to thailand at a level where i can be sparring or fighting condition hehe

1) Concentrate on stretching, the more flexible you are the more power you can deliver, our body acts like a Whip, a stiff Whip would not whip very hard would it?

2) Concentrate on explosive power, clapping push ups, sprinting.

3) Skip rope for bigger shin muscles , so it doesn't hurt when you get checked.

4) Use only the hardest and heaviest hard bag in your gym.

You might wan't to add some muscle mass prior to commencing your explosive power training, if you are a skinny fella.

BASICALLY you just need hard shins and good cardio.

I went to Thailand, there were so many buff dudes who couldn't kick nearly as hard as me as their muscles were conditioned for heavy lifting and not speed.

Back