Coccyx (tail bone) injury

I damaged my coccyx bone about a year ago now and im still suffering badly with it. I have started exercising to tone up my abs on a daily basis but because of the pain i am unable to do sit ups of any type. Im currently doing standing abs crunches but is there anything else i could do that wouldnt require lying on my back? Thanks in advance :)

Coccyx injury that sucks. Must be real painful. I know a chick that got thrown off a horse and broke her coccyx.

There are a number of ab exercises you can do while standing. Just type "standing ab exercises" into Youtube and you will get a bunch of different options. You have options to strengthen your core even with a broken coccyx.

sit ups and crunches are overrated as exercises - far better to focus on core strengthening as mbeavers mentioned. Planks are a terrific exercise, both front and side. Push-ups done properly not only work the core but build up the shoulders and arms. Mountain climbers are another whole body workout with a nice core focus. Standing lunges not only work the legs and gluts, but again, done properly, require one to work and strengthen the core.

Thanks for the help guys. And yeah its still very painful although xrays arent showing any broken bones which is strange. Lol. But thanks again ill have a look for the things you have both suggested. :)

there are powerful muscles and tendons in that part of the body - your issue with continuing pain might well be tightness or lack of flexibility, not the injury. You might talk with or see a physical therapist about an assessment and get on a treatment plan to increase flexibility.

I agree with doing the plank and push-ups. Excellent exercises for the entire core with benefits for the upper body too.

I'd be sure to rule out anything serious to do with your injury, if you can. It may just be a sprain or muscle tear, but you don't want to be risky when it comes to your spine.

Otherwise, there are a ton of core exercises that can be done without lying down. Hanging leg raises (from a chin up bar), mountain climbers, knee-to-elbow raises (in push up position), plank, side-plank, bridging, knee-tucks with your legs on a Swiss ball, and a ton more.

I steal a ton of exercise ideas from here:
Free Exercises, Exercise Instructions, Custom Workout, Personalized Workout, Ab Exercises, Abdominal Exercises, Training Programs

Hello,
Lately I am suffering because of lifting weights that is too heavy and sitting too long in front of the computer daily and can you advise me some tips because my job was in front of the computer daily to prevent this problem...

And yeah its still very painful although xrays arent showing any broken bones which is strange.

Just a point here, sacrum and coccyx injuries rarely show up on xrays unless its severely displaced (or crushed to a powder!). A high resolution CT can pick out hairline cracks and an MRI can be indirectly used to point out bone remodelling (which would be the case after a fracture)

Back