Weight-Loss Challenge results:

Weight-Loss
Thank you Amanda!!

I will calculate the final scores when I get back from my little sisters' band concert. I was planning on doing them by percentage anyway.

Hi, I'm really sorry I'm late posting but I just got out of the hospital. I had my appendix removed. I'm still not feeling all that great but I did weigh myself when I left the hospital...9lbs total lost for me. But I don't know if that counts since I was ill. I'm really sorry if I let anyone down. Please let me know, if this counts for Team #1.
BTW-Good job everyone!!!
~Jessica~

JESSICA~! Are you okay? We haven't heard from you in a while so I just thought you weren't comming back. I'm sorry to jump to conclusions!
I guess it would be up to the other teams now.. I hope you're okay hun...

Okay....I went back and looked at threads...and this is what I think should happen......
Angelquest was in the hospital to have her appendix removed. ( I hope your feeling better sweetie..surgerys are no fun!!)...She lost 9 lbs. HOWEVER..I have stated before that I think these weight loss challanges should be done the HEALTHY way....( eating right and exercising...not by becoming sick..etc.)
Angelquest did say in one of her posts that she lost 5.5 lbs at curves. I believe that should be her lbs lost......If any one disagrees please let me know.
Also..if that is fine with everyone...could someone please figure out the percentages. I am getting tired of having to wait for the results ...because then a new challange has begun and everyone seems to "forget" to send postcards to the last winners.
( Redneck woman I was waiting for Meridith to send me her addy so I could mail yas together...but she never did ..so you will receive your post card when you also get your xmas card from me)
I am seriously thinking about dropping out of this challange we have going right now.......I think I am tired of moving on to something else before the other one is completly "finnished"......Maybe we should have a one week break inbetween challanges..so the results can be tallied...and postcards sent out.....If not..I may just do every other challange.........I am sorry to sound so down about the whole thing....

Last edited:
I understand how you feel girl. It does seem that this challenge was forgotten about. Where is runforfun, she's the one in charge of this challenge.

Please don't drop out of this challenge!! We love you!! I do agree though, there should be a week in between challenges.

I'm going to stay out of the issue if Angelquests' 9 pds should be counted, or if 5 pds should be counted. I do believe that only weight loss should be counted if it was b/c of dieting and excersize, not being sick, we had this same issue with the last challenge I believe. BUT at the same time, I don't want my 2 cents to count b/c some might think I dont' want her weight to count, b/c that would make me the biggest looser. Thats not how it is at all. BUt I don't want anyone to feel that way....so does anyone else have an opionion on the matter??

The reason I think Angelsquests 5.5 lb weight loss SHOULD be counted is because she did that by exercising and eating right...and that was like one of the last posts she posted.....and then obviously she got sick and put in the hospital therefor having no way to a computer to let us know she was in there...and if she did she would have had to bow out of the challange.....there is no way I am going up against someone who is in the hospital.....( We ALL know how hard it is to eat hospital food!!)....lol...

Does anyone else want to figure out the percentages?...I would screw it up if I did it!!!

Runforfun has edited the beginning post of this thread and added the winner and percentages lost. It was done before AngelQuest finally posted, so she did add her in with zero. I agree with KC. I don't really think it should count if someone is very sick and in the hospital. I considered withdrawing myself just because I had a cold and would have done so if it had not gotten better so soon.

Alright, the results will stand the way they are. Even if she lost 5.5 they would be the same as they currently are. I am, however, urging you to send AngelQuest a postcard if you have extra. does everyone agree??

Torrie...I was going to suggest sending a card to angelquest also..( great minds think alike)..LOL...It wasnt her fault that her she had to have an emergency appendix removal.....

OKay..good!!!....We got that all settle!!!...PLEASE everybody...do your part in sending a postcard or a ecard. I just got through talking to someone who won a couple of challanges back....and she got only 4 postcards and NO ecards. I mean come on....I know there was more than 8 people in a challange. The people who are playing in theses challanges and not sending anything...you know who you are....dont even play if you cant make "somebodys day"......It really makes people feel good when they get a little prize for trying so hard at something we are all having trouble with.

47.5 pound loss is GREAT!!! Way to go! I'm proud of all of you!! I'll be sending out postcards real soon!

Jessica~ you're getting a post card from me... and the winners are too!
As soon as I get some cash that is!
When some people are sick and have done lousy and only lose 1-2 pounds we count that, but when someone is sick and they lose 9 pounds we dont count it? I'm lost................

CONGRATS EVERYONE!
and Kimbo, dont drop out... I need you girl!