Cate's Diary

Thanks, Vic. I am thoroughly spoiled. We're having venison meatballs with veg for lunch & chicken curry for dinner. G loves cooking.

Your food sounds yummy as usual!
So does yours :)
Hope you can shake off the last of the Covid symptoms quickly!
Thanks, M. I just feel like I have hayfever really.
I'm having a good day. I went for a fairly long walk with Arch this morning, even though I didn't feel like it & I didn't have a mini ice cream after lunch even though I did feel like it. We had 8 vegetables with our venison meatballs, not counting the onion, garlic & chillies in them- potato, bok choy, Brussel sprouts, carrot, tomato, mushroom, zucchini & cauliflower. 8!

I don't mind the cooking part, and actually find it relaxing. I am not fond of the clean up at the end though. Sounds like a very successful food and exercise day!

I wouldn't mind the cooking if it didn't take up time I could be spending on other things... But Cate, I'm sure you've worked a lot more in your life than I have: you deserve it!

Yes I am just happily jealous of you with your lovely hubby that makes you such great food! I feel like I hate cooking but actually once i get a meal idea, i usually don't actually mind the process. And happily I'm not fussy about how it turns out and since I'm the only one eating it, it all works out!
Sorry to hear about you getting Covid, but glad it wasn't too bad a case. It's sure been a weird one with so many people getting such different reactions to it!
I am struggling with the calorie counting...and that's just half the battle--i am struggling more with not over-eating the sweets--
good for you skipping the ice cream!

Thanks, M, LaMa & liza. I can't say I love cooking, but G really does & he's really good at it. He also plans ahead well. Calorie counting is tedious but I am making MFP more Cate-friendly by taking the time to input recipes of things we often have. I try to input the day's food beforehand. The meals may be eaten differently, but that doesn't matter.
After a few months of virtually no anxiety, I have been having moments lately. I woke to feel very anxious this morning for some reason, but it has subsided again.
I don't think I mentioned it but I have booked a painting class in October & am going with my friend, M. I can't paint but it should be fun. There are bubbles involved.

Sorry to hear about the anxiety :grouphug: Any reasons?
You mentioned wanting to book the painting class but not having done it, I think. It'll be such fun!

I'm not sure Llama. I think it just happens from time to time. I have been looking at real estate again 🤔 I feel restless & unsettled.

Have you been getting enough daylight? Sometimes anxiety does just happen but it's also the dark time of the year and I seem to remember that affecting you.

Sorry you've been feeling unsettled. Do you think the anxiety is more on the intuition side that you may want to be doing something differently than is happening now, or can you tell if it's more irrational anxiety? I really wish my anxiety came with better instructions. I hope yours passes quickly!! I love that you are doing the art class with a friend. Sounds so perfect!

I really wish my anxiety came with better instructions.
haha that's great! Me too! My anxiety has the worst instruction manual and following it generally makes it worse!

Really sorry to hear you are experiencing anxiety Cate, but yes, I get it that it does just seem to come and go for no particular reason... For me it's pretty much daily but even in that it swings in intensity and with triggers...

Lovely about the painting class, especially when you think you have no talent for it--sounds like it should be a nice challenge. You never know what you might be good at until you give it a go!

Sorry you've been feeling unsettled. Do you think the anxiety is more on the intuition side that you may want to be doing something differently than is happening now, or can you tell if it's more irrational anxiety? I really wish my anxiety came with better instructions. I hope yours passes quickly!! I love that you are doing the art class with a friend. Sounds so perfect!
I think my anxiety is coming from an "I should be doing more or something different" place. I feel restless & unsettled. I have been looking at real estate in town every day & have felt really conflicted. We have so much emotional attachment to our home & there is so much I love about it, but it's too far from everything that we want to do or go to. I really am conflicted. I found a place I loved & my notes just said "Wow". It sold yesterday. I don't know whether to get an agent in just to have a look at our house & give us an idea of what we might get for it and/or start actually inspecting places I like the look of. It really scares me.
The art class will be a fun day. My friend is artistic & she hasn't pursued it for decades.
haha that's great! Me too! My anxiety has the worst instruction manual and following it generally makes it worse!
I need a "how not to dwell on every mistake I have ever made" manual. Sometimes it's on a loop.
Lovely about the painting class, especially when you think you have no talent for it--sounds like it should be a nice challenge. You never know what you might be good at until you give it a go!
I'll make sure I have fun & not worry if my painting is the worst in the room. Bubbles will help.

Yesterday-
2 Archie walks, 3 square meals, Tai Chi, 8 hrs sleep, 1 book read. Mood-Ok, with periods of grump.

:grouphug: I don't have anything helpful to say but wanted to leave this here.

Back