Cate's Diary

Thanks, Rob. It took me years before I stopped feeling fat after losing my excess. Thanks for the condolences. Losing our BIL will have me dwelling on our own immortality for a while I think. Hopefully, that will fade a little. I can't help but put myself mentally in my SIL's shoes. I haven't got back into logging properly yet. I start off ok but then forget.
Thanks, LaMa. After the funeral, the family all went back to a nice hotel for a couple of hours, so it felt like a wake for us. Myself & our 2 sons went together yesterday & that was lovely. I was really tired last night, went to bed at 11 & didn't wake once until 7 am.
R & I will stay at home today & have a quiet day.

Hi Cate.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing, he sounds like a lovely man.

Glad you have R back for a while - I'm sure your love and care for him will be a massive boost.

I'm not really sure if it's side effects or not liking the fact that he'll need to take them forever that puts him off.
I can really relate to that. i feel exactly the same way. I keep holding out hope for a way to get off the meds without falling apart completely!
After the funeral, the family all went back to a nice hotel for a couple of hours, so it felt like a wake for us.
That sounds like a perfect balance and a nice way to celebrate his life.

I haven't got back into logging properly yet. I start off ok but then forget.
I'm having the same issue!

I'm sorry to hear about your BIL, my condolences. Deaths in the family are never easy. Prayers and well wishes with you and the family, especially your SIL.

Hope R is doing better.

xo

It took me years before I stopped feeling fat after losing my excess.
Funny how that works, not sure I ever will. Even a few months ago when I was in the 140s and had quite a low body fat content I still felt fat. Guess we have the same nerve endings sending us the same signals no matter what our size is.

Enjoy your quiet day.

Hi Cate.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing, he sounds like a lovely man.

Glad you have R back for a while - I'm sure your love and care for him will be a massive boost.
Thanks, Em. Our BIL was a lovely, funny man. It works both ways with R being here while G is away. He has been helping me out too. I have really enjoyed having his company.

Hi, Liza. The tracking is hard to get back into. I'll try again today.

Thanks, Misty. My SIL has a big family (10 GK's) but of course, they are no substitute for your lifelong partner. They have been together even longer than G & I

Thanks, Rob. We had a lovely quiet day yesterday. We both felt really tired.

I slept over 8 hours last night. I feel tired this morning as well. I won't be going anywhere.

:grouphug: A spare if needed. No wonder you're in need of extra sleep after the emotional rollercoaster of the past weeks.

I hope your tiredness is passing Cate and that you are starting to feel rested. Must be hard not being able to get out on walks--that's one of my best ways to recouperate after a tiring time.
Getting in on the group hug! :grouphug:

I hope your tiredness is passing Cate and that you are starting to feel rested. Must be hard not being able to get out on walks--that's one of my best ways to recouperate after a tiring time.
Getting in on the group hug! :grouphug:
Thanks, Liza. I think it’s a combination of the stress & the fact that I can hardly walk without pain. Not being able to go for a walk is doing my head in a bit.
I'm really glad that R being around is a help to you too.

Here's another for luck: :grouphug:
Thanks, Em. It has been really good for both of us really. R has just gone off with his brother, 1 nephew & niece for a drive & a hike. I had to suggest to his brother that it might be nice to take R along. I don’t think he would have thought of it otherwise.
We had a lovely evening last night. Our older GS came up too & I said I would drive him home so he could have a few drinks. We had a full house.
G is home now. We have been together 50 years. :beating:

Not being able to go for a walk is doing my head in a bit.

G is home now. We have been together 50 years. :beating:
Not having a physical outlet for stress can definitely get things stirring around in your head.

Wow, 50 years. B and I have been together just over 35, married for 34 next month. I'm impressed.

Hey Cate, just wanted to say hi before I head out of town. Will still try to check in on people.
I can hardly walk without pain
I know you have talked about this before, but what is the cause? Is there anything you can do to improve? When I first started exercising, after losing a lot of weight, my legs got a lot better. But I have to admit now some of the old aches and pains are coming back, not sure why.
G is home now. We have been together 50 years.
Hey that is great! Something you should be proud of. Congrats!

Hi Cate! I used to take my mom to a chair yoga course. They have them for people with balance problems and injuries. I bet they'd have something like that on youtube so you could get a little exercise in. When do you get your X-ray? Soon I hope. Big, huge, Happy Anniversary!!! That's so lovely you've shared so, so much of life together and have that wonderful unbreakable bond!! Glad you are rested and that R is doing better, too!

Not having a physical outlet for stress can definitely get things stirring around in your head.
Wow, 50 years. B and I have been together just over 35, married for 34 next month. I'm impressed.
Thanks, TDT. I don't think I realised just how much walking was benefiting my mental health. Hopefully, I will start to mend soon & will really try to get much fitter. I can't quite believe that G & I have been together so long.
Hey Cate, just wanted to say hi before I head out of town. Will still try to check in on people.
I know you have talked about this before, but what is the cause? Is there anything you can do to improve? When I first started exercising, after losing a lot of weight, my legs got a lot better. But I have to admit now some of the old aches and pains are coming back, not sure why.
Hey that is great! Something you should be proud of. Congrats!
Hi, Rob. I have osteoarthritis & can't take any anti-inflammatories. I tore the meniscus in my left knee last year playing golf & a Baker's cyst developed behind my knee & now it seems that has ruptured. I'm sure if I lost 15 kg I would be in less pain.
50 years is amazing. I feel very lucky.
Hi Cate! I used to take my mom to a chair yoga course. They have them for people with balance problems and injuries. I bet they'd have something like that on youtube so you could get a little exercise in. When do you get your X-ray? Soon I hope. Big, huge, Happy Anniversary!!! That's so lovely you've shared so, so much of life together and have that wonderful unbreakable bond!! Glad you are rested and that R is doing better, too!
Thank you, Marsia. I am going to have to do something soon or I will go bonkers. My ultrasound is on Tuesday thank goodness. G & I do have an unbreakable bond. I feel we are one unit.

I don't feel so good today I must admit. R is going back to his place this afternoon. I don't think he is feeling very strong yet. I can't help but worry about him. I think I'll tell him we'll be down there in 4 weeks, for his birthday. It will help spur him on to get some work done that will also make him feel better.

It will help spur him on to get some work done that will also make him feel better.
That's what I always tell myself. But the when someone else tells me I feel like Nemo here:

🙈

Back