Cassie's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know adding this isn't necessary but wanted to add it to help keep me motivated when I come and post something here. Also, open to any ideas or suggestions on how to improve eating, exercising, etc. But I would like to know what fruits are ok to eat for snacks I really love grapes, watermelon, and strawberries the most.

1. Answer these questions before starting your diary.

-- How much weight do you want to lose?
Currently first goal is to lose 271 that would take me to 250, a little more then half my current weight.

-- What is the timeframe for reaching your target weight?
Maybe about 2yrs maybe a bit longer

-- How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?
Diet and Exercise

-- Who or what can support you in reaching your goal?
My mother and I are doing this together we will be supporting each other

-- How realistic is your goal?
I hope it's realistic if not then i'll make it so no matter how long it takes.

-- When will you start?
Started about 2 months ago

Other questions you might want to consider answering in your diary, to get you started, and avoid that white page writer's block are: (stolen shameless from Geam's diary)

What is your current height and weight?
- 519 (just weighed myself lost 2lbs. yay)
5'8"
If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be?
- My ideal weight would be 200 anything lower then that would just be a bonus

At what weight would you like to be at four months from now?
- I'm not looking for a huge weight-loss in such a short time maybe 10-20lb but would be ecstatic if more was lost

Why do you want to lose weight?
- Simple. To Live and be healthy. But also to be able to start going back to disney world I really miss that place.

Do you want to lose weight for a specific life event such as wedding or reunion? If so, when is that event?
- Ok, this might sound silly or even stupid but in 2021 will be Disney 50th anniversary here in FL and would really love to be able to go to it.

What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals?
- Other then losing someone close to me like my mom or dying don't think there's anything.

Why do you think that you now have a weight problem?
- What do you mean now? lol. I've always been overweight and it never really bothered me until a few years ago when I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung), It happened when I started exercising so i've been scared to start excising again because of that but it's been long enough time to face the fear.

What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight?
- Honestly I don't really know but I think moving more would be a huge help and eating better. And learning the goods and bad along the way.

Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight?
- When I was in middle school my grandma put me in a gym and turned out I loved working out it help with the frustration or anger that was going on.

Why do you believe that you did not lose weight or you gained the weight back?
- The mall the gym was in got demolished and the other gyms costed too much. I tried to keep at it at home but it was hard when the others weren't on the same diet.

What, if anything, has not worked for you in the past in helping you to lose weight? Why do you think it did not work?
- Lack of support and nerves to go out and seek help.

Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time?
- Starting with drinks I drink water 98% of the time and soda or sweet tea the other 2%. As for food there's creamy onion soup, hot dogs & tater tots, tacos(homemade), sloppy joes, kielbasi, lots of cheese involved

Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook?
- Listed above

How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go?
- Eat out maybe 2-3 times a month. Eat at either burger king, checkers, or outback

What are your three favorite foods?
- Spicy fried chicken, Mac & Cheese, creamy onion soup

What are your three favorite restaurants?
- Outback steakhouse, Culvers, Checkers

What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food?
- Maybe not eat out as much or if I do start picking something that's better

If you woke up tomorrow and your body was exactly the way you want it, what would be different?
- Would be a lot slimmer

Do you eat when you are not hungry?
- Not really but I only eat once a day

Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)?
- Not really unless there's candy around

Do you hide your food or eat in secret?
- Nope

Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed?
- Mainly when depressed

Do you eat as a reward?
- Sometimes depending on what the reward is for

Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer?
- Watching tv

What do you normally eat for a meal?
- Hot dogs & tater tots, creamy onion soup with cheese

What type of snacks do you eat?
- We rarely have snacks but when we do it's pop tarts, Doritos, candy again snacks are rare

In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing?
- I started walking up and down from the back of the hallway to the front door which is about 54 steps back and forth. Each back and forth is a lap I do about 4-6 lap 3-4 times a day. Next week will add chair excising because can't really do standing ones at the moment.

Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home?
- Home

What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise?
- Honestly couldn't say it's been so long since i've actually exercised

What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals?
- I watch videos and read others stores to stay motivated.

Do you have rewards for certain goals?
- My BIG reward is when losing 271 I go to Disney world or getting skin removal if it's really needed

A great start to your diary, Cassie :)
You say you only eat once a day. Is that at night? How many calories a day are you consuming now, do you know? Are you eating many vegetables? Maybe put down what you are eating in one day for us to have a look at & make some recommendations. You need to make sure you are getting the right nutrients as well as the right calories.
Welcome to the diary section of the forum. I'll be a part of your cheer squad.

Hello Cate, Yeah I only eat once a day and that's always mainly dinner. About the vegetables those are rarely eaten at all though I do know that needs to change just not looking forward to it. As for calories I have no idea how many I eat and don't know how to count them but guess I might be eating more then required considering what I eat for dinner most nights.

I use My Fitness Pal to log my food, some use Cronometer. I couldn't live without vegetables! Is there any chance of you being able to see a dietitian or nutrionist? I'm seeing someone tomorrow to go over what I eat to see if she has any recommendations to improve my diet.

OMAD works for some but it makes it tough to get adequate nutrition as Cate has already mentioned.

Hi Cassie and welcome! If budget allows maybe you could start by reducing how much processed food you eat. As Cate said: your body needs nutrients as well as calories and things like tater tots and hotdogs contain a lot more salt and saturated fat than vitamins and fiber! Made-from-scratch chili and curries, homemade burgers, even just a little side salad: you don´t have to suddenly only eat lettuce in order to up your nutrient intake.

Hello. thanks for posting suggestions. Let me give a little detail about what's going on right now. The currently shopping money limit is $100 if we're lucky if there's not dr visits that month and that's for two people for a whole month so we tend to buy things store brand also things that will get more then one meal out of hence the hot dogs and tater tots. We're looking to substitute some things with healthier stuff like strawberries, some veggies but as I said we have a limit and $100 goes pretty fast food shopping.

As for a dietitian or nutritionist i'll need to check to see if my insurance covers them so we'll have to see. I know i'm going to need to start eating things I don't necessarily love but i'm willing to do just about anything to get healthier which is my main goal. Again, thanks for the suggestions keep them coming every little bit help.

Potatoes, rice, and beans are inexpensive in most areas and tend to keep you satiated for a long time. Slowcooked meals like gulyash make good use of tough cuts that also tend to be cheap - around where I live. But I understand that budget constraints can make it hard to spend money on low-calorie stuff like fresh fruit&veg.

That's a very tough budget. As LaMa said slow cooking is a good way of cooking inexpensive cuts of meat. If you have a fruit & veggie store nearby it would be worth asking if they sell their imperfect veggies cheaper for you to make a soup. Add beans & that can go a long way. Bananas are often inexpensive here & are a great filler.
Kudos for you in wanting to become healthier.

Wednesday is our shopping day so we're checking store ads and sales will just have to see how it goes. Some fruits are on sale so possibly getting those for the snacks. Every little difference helps, right? Will certainly look into the potatoes, rice, and beans. Going to start looking up healthy dishes and see what can get for at least some of those. Thanks again for the advice. Means a lot. I'll start my food stuff probably later this week. Not really eating all that healthy this week like last night for dinner had 15 tortinos and water and that was it for the day.

Every little bit does help. And the internet is a great place for budget-friendly recipes. Best of luck!

Hello Rob, We haven't yet made our trip but we're looking into possible trying the keto diet & I.F. Still looking it up and making notes but at the moment still eating what I love just eating less and exercising. I weighed myself this morning weight 514 so that's 5-6 pounds in a week so very happy about that. Adding an extra lap each week for my walks from the back of the hallway to the front door last week did 3 laps this week 4. Thinking of starting to exercise twice a day starting next week but will see how it goes.

Hey being down 5-6 lbs in a week is great! You are on your way! Keep posting, let us know what's happening.

I believe being an active member of this group can help you, I know it has me. I also believe you being an active member will help the rest of us. We can do this together!

Well done, Cassie on being down 5-6 lbs in one week. Adding just a little extra exercise in when you can gradually is a smart move.

Hello, I'm still here. Just thought i'd start with weekly weigh in's as we try to determine if keto is something we can do a.k.a afford. But I weighed myself this morning down to 510 that's another 4 pounds down. Going to add an extra lap in my daily walks modify the exercising somehow maybe add in one or two standing ones.

Starting Weight :: 521
Current Weight :: 506

Total Weight lost :: 15 pounds lost

This month I didn't really change my eating just ate little less and exercised more.

For exercising I do 15-20 mins chair exercising then 5 laps from the front door to the back of the hallway I do those 2-3 times a day.

going to attempt to add some standing exercises came across a video that doesn't seem too hard so will see how that goes.

Well Done !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back