Can you see any difference? (newbie, hey!)

Whimsy7

Nervous newbie here...
My starting weight was 168lbs (female, 5'5) and i'm aiming to lose around 30-40lbs in however long it takes :)
I actually have quite a small frame so my fat really "hangs" off me in the most unflattering way (I am usually able to really suck in my gut so my stomach is pretty flat in general day to day life, but for the sake of the photo, i'm totally relaxed so I get the full "effect" gulp). My weight gain started a couple of years ago when I became chronically ill and my activity levels took a beating. I'm currently in the second diagnosis process as I may have been wrongly diagnosed previously....all of this has been very stressful so i've been comfort eating as well as not currently being able to walk and work out like I used to/usually would.

I'm trying to avoid weighing myself on the scales as I get a little obsessive with the little numbers and my weight fluctuates a ridiculous rate within a mere day, so, i'm going by the good old fashioned measuring tape. I will of course, be brave and weigh myself once I know I have lost a good amount of weight. I've also been successful in making a conscious decision to be aware of the food that I am putting into my body. I actually eat very healthily anyway, but my portion control was wayyyy out of hand! So, it's been a case of cutting back on portions and somewhat counting calories.

I have lost 3 inches around my belly since Christmas. I realise a lot of this will be water weight, but i'm pretty chuffed at that. I'm currently walking as much as my body will let me and am doing hiit and cardio workouts in the evening. The shorter bursts of exercise seems to be easier on my body than the long drawn out workouts, which make me really quite ill.

I'm struggling to see a difference so your opinions would be much appreciated (please be kind <3) I know they aren't the best photo's, but it's the best I could do. My problem area is quite obviously my torso. I'm praying that when I lose the weight and everything has shrunk, I will look like I have actual boobs :rotflmao:There is 3 weeks in between these two photos.....L-R before and after. Please be kind, it's taking a lot of bravery to post these photo's, I feel so very ashamed of them.

*hides behind cushion awaiting responses*

View attachment 26953

Welcome to the board, Whimsy!I am actually new here myself.. I am on the same boat as you in the beginning of a great weight loss and my guess is that so many other people here are. This is a weight loss forum, so there is no need to be nervous about anything :)

Back to your progress:

I am amazed (in a good way!) at your pictures! Three weeks in and your stomach and tummy are noticably shrinking! you better keep it up haha. it will take just a little bit of time to reach your desired result but I know you will make it. I can tell you are doing what you have to do the right way so far :)

I would encourage you to buy a scale and weigh yourself once a week like I do. Trust me, you are going to overcome your fear as time flies and you will feel an excitement to see those numbers go lower time by time. I would to see more of your progress in the future :)

Hi, Whimsy & welcome to the forum. 3" off your waist since Christmas is excellent :) The difference is obvious. I'm carrying weight in my belly at the moment too & it is really uncomfortable. I did IF for a while & my stomach shrunk amazingly. Unfortunately, I had to stop as I'm on BP meds & my heart was racing so I need to see a cardiologist before trying it again. I think if he ok's it I will try doing 16:8 (only eating within an 8-hour window). So many people have success with it.
If you fancy starting a diary, you will find some great support over at https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ We visit one another's diaries & there is a lovely group of people there. Keep up the good work :)

Back