Can you do 1 push up?

G'day I'm glad you tried it, that's all it was , nothing more or less you might find 1 thing others may find sometiing else.
You might read more into it, but it was an exercise in NOTING how YOU feel when doing it.
From what you've written, you seemed to cover that really well, thankyou for trying it.
Aussie digger

I will try this out.

So basically I must take 1 minute to go down, then 1 minute to go back up?

Sounds easy enough, I'll give it a shot tonight.

G'day everyone there may be some misunderstanding about this pushup, there is a goal to take 2 minutes to do it,
2nd you basically strive to do the full 2minutes to do 1 pushup, without stopping (That's going super slow) not taking a minute down then a minute up.
Its about 1 movement from start to finish, no time(for UP & DOWN) it's a super slow motion. i think everyone may of not understood it fully, sorry if i didn't explain it to you better;

Your goal is to take the full 2minutes to do 1 push up without stopping. I hope that's clearer for you.
Aussie Digger

I have tried it, and I was unsuccessful. Of course, I did this after a 4 mile run, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'll try again when I think about it. :)

hey a fitness challenge and a martiasl artist...

HI!!!!! waving exitedly,,, I'm FF and I will take this challenge.... I am off to go home, I will run and climb and play and do all the things i do and then I will go into the torture chamber and do this 2 minute pushup you speak of...

I will time it as, one minute down, and one minute up.

I do not know how I missed you,....

but I have had another exercise challenge in mind,,, and I have lots that I already know lots!!

so,,,
I'll be back to report. and I'll even have my kid take a snap!!!

hey ff tell me about the torture chamber:yelrotflmao:

G'day Silent's going down an interesting path, I get a feeling you'll find a wealth of goodies on that road, it depends if your looking or not.
I've travelled the natural road, for some time, no weights,machines, nothing, but ones self( you"re ,your own home gym). we're out there, but it s like a best kept secret.

i think posting on this forum and asking peps to try an exercise(ive tried it its very hard)is a long shot because you will get people who can do it and people who cant people who will try and people who wont.
personally i cant see the benifit(what karky said i agree 100%)
but also please chillout you come across as very defensive (unlike youre team against england yesterday):yelrotflmao:

Whilst this is an old topic I could not resist laughing. Is this some kind of a "concentration pushup" like a concentration curl or the big muscles, big weights, low reps cliche? Or is it a shrinks how to hit the gym routine?

see solace core focus training

Hi All,
Did a slow motion 2-minute push up just then. Quite difficult, I felt it the most in my triceps. Also got jerky when nearing the bottom.

I have been reading this thread with much interest. Such exercises are extremely effective at building core strength. And whether you like it or not, you use your core as a foundation whether you run, push-up, punch, climb - almost any application you can think of.

Gordon Shellshear, founder of Solace Core Focus Training, has been specializing in the "internal" push-up (related to the slow push-up you describe, but holding it out - ie the plank) for a few years now. I know him personally and he does 12 minutes, five days a week.

If anyone knows someone else who can do this, I'd like to know! Of course it would be possible to take drugs, do 12 minutes once and burn out, but if this were so, I daresay you wouldn't be at it again the next day.

Anyway, if you also are interested in gaining proficiency in this kind of hard-core focus training, maybe check out the DVD which is available from his website. It comes with free online tuition from the man himself:

Respect :)

Rene Wooller (Solace student)

G'day i've changed what I've posted here because it has been taken in a negative light & thats not the way it was meant.
It was originally about a push up that you try to work your way up to . The goal was to do a push up that takes 2 minutes or as long as you can to do , without stopping on the way up & down .
some people may find it hard to do which is normal, , & they may need to build up to it.
Others in better condition may find it easy , good on ya. That's all its meant to be & if you've read more in it then that then that, then I'm sorry thats all it is & was , an exercise for your mind & spirit,
Not about egos.
I won't post on this topic even tho I raised it. I hope you enjoy the 2 minute push up.
Is this like a isometric Push-Ups?

Can I do 1 pushup?

Hi All,
Did a slow motion 2-minute push up just then. Quite difficult, I felt it the most in my triceps. Also got jerky when nearing the bottom.

I have been reading this thread with much interest. Such exercises are extremely effective at building core strength. And whether you like it or not, you use your core as a foundation whether you run, push-up, punch, climb - almost any application you can think of.

Gordon Shellshear, founder of Solace Core Focus Training, has been specializing in the "internal" push-up (related to the slow push-up you describe, but holding it out - ie the plank) for a few years now. I know him personally and he does 12 minutes, five days a week.

If anyone knows someone else who can do this, I'd like to know! Of course it would be possible to take drugs, do 12 minutes once and burn out, but if this were so, I daresay you wouldn't be at it again the next day.

Anyway, if you also are interested in gaining proficiency in this kind of hard-core focus training, maybe check out the DVD which is available from his website. It comes with free online tuition from the man himself:

Respect :)

Rene Wooller (Solace student)

Hi Rene,

I used to train with Gordon for a few years in the late 90's. We would do these static pushups twice per day, everyday. 5 minutes or so at lunch time, and anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes at night. We had a challenge that anyone who could last longer than either Gordon or myself received a years free training. And no, no-one got it. There were at least half a dozen of us who could last 12 minutes night after night. This is the best exercise I have ever found for core strength, and I still do 10 minutes or so a few times a week. Say G'day to Gordon for me. He'll know who I am.

Actually i have to disagree with you. I also trained for Gordon in the nineties - i was actually his ninth student and one of the senior members of his club - and the only person that could hold the push up for as long as sifu was my father Scott. The longest they held it for was approx 28 minutes - and the only reason they stopped was because we had to start the class. My dad was the first lifetime student Gordon had, and his training was forever free. I'd be interested to know who you are, as i trained at the club five nights a week plus weekends, and never saw anyone hold the push up for as long as my dad Scott could. Rene, feel free to confirm this with gordon.

uhhh

I started and i noticed every bone in my back started to crack then my shoulders and elbows no chiropractor needed!!!!!!!!

Back