Can you do 1 push up?

G'day i've changed what I've posted here because it has been taken in a negative light & thats not the way it was meant.
It was originally about a push up that you try to work your way up to . The goal was to do a push up that takes 2 minutes or as long as you can to do , without stopping on the way up & down .
some people may find it hard to do which is normal, , & they may need to build up to it.
Others in better condition may find it easy , good on ya. That's all its meant to be & if you've read more in it then that then that, then I'm sorry thats all it is & was , an exercise for your mind & spirit,
Not about egos.
I won't post on this topic even tho I raised it. I hope you enjoy the 2 minute push up.

Last edited:
I'll give that a whirl tonight

Got the guts to give it a go? didn't think so!

I mentioned a little beauty, the 2 minute push up , so far no one has tried it or posted their results, if they have. Cant you guys do 1 little push up?
You all write pretty ,but can you match it with 1 little push up?
IS this another fluff & feathers site? Or do you people actually get in there & have a go?
It's not about what I can do ,it's about what you do .

i dont really see the point in doing it so slow. Ofcource it can be hard. but just because its hard doesnt mean its good for something. Ive never liked doing concentric slow so im not gonna try, i dont see the point..

karky , if you've never done it , don't think you'll gain anything from it, aren't interested in doing it, then what was the point of posting.
Obviously you aren't interested from the beggining, that's your choice & I'm glad your exercising it. Will your choice not to try it make your tendons any stronger? Probably not, thanks for your contribution on this topic/
even by contributing nothing you at least contributed something. Even if it wasn't a validated road test of the push up.

Maybe you guys missed something, I'll spell it out for you.
it's not about me; it's about the push up & what you find in doing it, I quite frankly don't care about impressing anybody.
DO it & pass a comment or do'nt do it . & GEUSS WHAT YOU"VE LEARNT NOTHING. the experience is in doing it.
so far not 1 person has honestly done it & passed a valid comment.
I'm impressed.

I did it and must say it is not the easier thing in the world to do:p.
Later on i'm going to try 1minute dips, HandStandPushup, and some other body weight exercises. Not to help with strength or anything, just to see if i can.

It's not for creating muscle size or strength. It's for strengthing your tendons & if you've ever torn, or suffered tendon damage; you'll soon learn that your muscles are pretty useless. eg TENNIS ELBOW. Not unlike having huge sails & dodgey rigging. ( not much use when your sail's flapping in the breeze.)

G'day Silent's going down an interesting path, I get a feeling you'll find a wealth of goodies on that road, it depends if your looking or not.
I've travelled the natural road, for some time, no weights,machines, nothing, but ones self( you"re ,your own home gym). we're out there, but it s like a best kept secret.

karky , if you've never done it , don't think you'll gain anything from it, aren't interested in doing it, then what was the point of posting.
Obviously you aren't interested from the beggining, that's your choice & I'm glad your exercising it. Will your choice not to try it make your tendons any stronger? Probably not, thanks for your contribution on this topic/
even by contributing nothing you at least contributed something. Even if it wasn't a validated road test of the push up.

Shut down!

Back on topic- isn't this just standard way of doing a pushup anyways?

If you cant handle critique, internet forums probobly are not for you. I contributed, try to read the post again.
Try holding you're eyes open without blinking for 5 minnutes.

damn right :cool: nah, i was just reading the TC's replies and thought "that's exactly what I would have said" + obvious saturday boredom.

hey a fitness challenge and a martiasl artist...

HI!!!!! waving exitedly,,, I'm FF and I will take this challenge.... I am off to go home, I will run and climb and play and do all the things i do and then I will go into the torture chamber and do this 2 minute pushup you speak of...

I will time it as, one minute down, and one minute up.

I do not know how I missed you,....

but I have had another exercise challenge in mind,,, and I have lots that I already know lots!!

so,,,
I'll be back to report. and I'll even have my kid take a snap!!!

ok DONE!
I failed on the first attempt. layed there flat on my face,,, took the challenge internal, an one word came.... BREATH duh!

So, on secnd attempt i was able to get thru two of them. that's one minute in going down, rather jerky i might add, one minute in the coming up, one minute going back down, and one minute coming back up, and then 15 seconds in steady plank to make sure I did it. As I began my second one,,, the mentals almost got away from me and my body started shaking pretty violently-- it was totally cool... i had to really focus in and retain myself... but i made it thru.

I can assure you this... a 4 minute plank would be impossible for me right now, bu the ability to move even slightly in this slooooowww pushup made it easier.

This is not good for your tendons-- say what you will, i understand the body an maxing the body out (maybe if i would have stopped at one it would feel better on the tendons)

the hint-- or the essential is to BREATH, just like anything else.

Any athletes on the board can handle one of these,,, body builders and gym rats may have a tougher time only because there is no thrust involved.

final analysis from the FF'er- sissy challenge.

NEXT! or is it my turn to call one out for you. Oh, and somebody above made a comment like 'its not about you or me, it's about the pushup' huh?? the pushup is somethng for "US" to do! It's all about you and me!! or should that be YOU and I

Back