Brand new me....for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this stuff and I have never posted to a forum before. I've been married for 5 years and I've had 2 children within that time frame. I was 135 when I got with my husband and now I am 191. My highest weight was 200 right after my last child was born a little over a year ago. I have 6 kids total and I've never gained this kind of weight before. I've tried multiple diets and fads and I've tried otc diet pills. I try to exercise but always lose motivation. My husband is over weight but loses weight just by cutting out snacks at night. He still eats double whoppers and everything else cuz he's not concerned with getting "skinny" since he's always been overweight. I really don't get the kind of support that I need to keep me motivated to lose weight. I'm borderline diabetic and I have high cholesterol and I'm only 32 years old. I want to live a long life to see my children grow up. I've recently started on a medicine called naltrexone to help with my food addiction and I've lost 6 pounds in 2 months just with that, but I know I need to start exercising. I'm hoping that I can find motivation and inspiration here on this forum.
Thank you.

Hi, Andrea & welcome to the forum. It's a shame that you don't get support from your husband, but you will have to be the one setting the example for him & your kids. Hopefully, he will come on board when he sees you getting slimmer. Diets & pills don't work in the long run. You want this to be sustainable, so changing habits one by one & day by day is the way to go. What you eat (or don't eat) is more important for weight loss than exercise. Exercise is good for you in so many ways, but focus on what you are eating. How can you improve that? What do you eat that you know should cut down?
The most active part of the forum is the diary section. Many people don't venture out of there. It's great therapy to type in your diary every day. It's your space & we'll come to visit. The link is https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/

Hello. I had trouble with overeating for a decade, but I found a surprisingly easy way to eat less. I just slowly drink around 7 liters of water a day and my appetite is suppressed. It has to be simple water and top quality - Ph(google Ph term) around 8 and filtered.

Hello Andrea! You got this! Just focus on making each individual day the best you can. Forget about the weeks and months. Soon the time will pass in the blink of an eye, and you will wonder how have you made so much progress.

You got this

Thank you

I'm new to this stuff and I have never posted to a forum before. I've been married for 5 years and I've had 2 children within that time frame. I was 135 when I got with my husband and now I am 191. My highest weight was 200 right after my last child was born a little over a year ago. I have 6 kids total and I've never gained this kind of weight before. I've tried multiple diets and fads and I've tried otc diet pills. I try to exercise but always lose motivation. My husband is over weight but loses weight just by cutting out snacks at night. He still eats double whoppers and everything else cuz he's not concerned with getting "skinny" since he's always been overweight. I really don't get the kind of support that I need to keep me motivated to lose weight. I'm borderline diabetic and I have high cholesterol and I'm only 32 years old. I want to live a long life to see my children grow up. I've recently started on a medicine called naltrexone to help with my food addiction and I've lost 6 pounds in 2 months just with that, but I know I need to start exercising. I'm hoping that I can find motivation and inspiration here on this forum.
Thank you.

hello Andrea, I believe that you will achieve the goal. if you need support - let me know. we can help! :) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back