Bowflex SelectTech Dumbells

Irish_eyes

Hello everyone.
I'm looking for some advice, if you would be so kind as to offer it!

I am about to start 'Chalean Extreme.' I have been going round in circles trying to figure out which dumbbells would be the best to buy. Everything seems to point to the Bowflex SelectTech 5-52lb pair.

I am just wondering - has anyone used these dumbbells? Are they worth the money? They are really expensive and I would have to order them from the UK (I live in Ireland).

Thanks so much.

I would love if a mod would edit my title to say Bowflex and not Boxflex! lol!!

I have no idea why anyone would pay such prices for dumbells. Maybe youtube or other places online can give you reviews, but I pretty much think dumbells are dumbells. LOL Can't really improve on something that simple

I just looked up the prices on these, and HOLY MOTHER OF MERCY..... How can you even consider paying what they're asking for dumbells. :eek: Unless you REALLY enjoy throwing money away, I would never consider buying these.

Here's a really good review of these vs. Powerblox..... enjoy

(hope I'm not breaking the rules by linking Youtube vids...... no ads!

Thank you very much Monster!! :)

The reason I am considering buying the SelectTechs is because I'm doing a strength programme that requires you to progressively increase the weights you are lifting. The weights involved range from 5 to 30 + pounds. If I were to buy pairs of dumbbells in all of those weights I would be at the same amount of money as the cost of the SelectTechs, or even more.
Plus, the adjustable dumbbells save on space.
I know the price is crazy though. That's why I'm hesitant!!

Keep your eyes open and shop wisely. I've seen a few similar items made by other companies and CHEAPER. read the reviews on amazon and take a look at youtube as well. Good Luck.

Thanks so much for your advice again.

I ended up buying the SelectTechs. I am so glad I did! They are so convenient and space-saving. I think they were a great investment.

I've tried the selecttech and powerblock and I prefer the powerblock because it feels much more stable. My bf prefers it too. I only suggest these types of dumbbells only if switching weights in less than a minute is crucial. If you can spare 1-3 minutes, get the adjustable barbell dumbbells. It's much cheaper and you can always buy more weights as you progress.

I too went for powerblocks. Much more stable and a lifetime warranty.i also went to try select each and they were broke I'm the store. What does that say

Back