Bowflex Rod Warranty a JOKE

Skitt

I have owned my Bowflex Xtreme for many years. I've kept it inside with the velcro strap around the rods when not in use and have really liked the results. About 5 years ago my rods seemed to be weak and getting weaker, so I called and explained the situation and they sent me out a new set - all was good. (I later found told that that was a clerical error on the CS agent) Well again after normal use they went limp again, so I thought no big deal,... that's why I bought a Bowflex RIGHT? See below from page 87 in the Owners Manual the Warranty Statements.

What Does This Warranty Cover?
Nautilus, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser of the Bowflex Xtreme® home gym that the Bowflex Xtreme® is free from defects in materials and workmanship, when used for the purpose intended, under normal conditions. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and is not transferable or applicable to any other person.

How Long Does Warranty Coverage Last?
• 7 years on machine
• No-Time-Limit Warranty on individual Power Rod® resistance rods
• This warranty is void if Bowflex Xtreme® home gym is used in a Commercial Environment
This warranty covers all defects in material or workmanship of the Bowflex Xtreme® home gym. Warranties do not cover commercial or institutional use or misuse and abuse by the consumer.

I called in to customer service and they "lead" you in your recorded call to make the statement that the rods have "lost their resistance" Right? I say "Yes their broken they are limp - broke". Well that's where they say "oh we are so sorry" the rods are not covered under warranty due to "normal wear". WTF they are broke! The machine is useless. Rod replacement would cost very close to $400 crazy BS!

No help at all - NEVER buy this machine used or new. Now I understand why their stock price is in the tank (a $1 and a few pennies)... misrepresentation of a basic product warranty as I seed it is BAD customer service.

I'll continue to use it for a short time but I'm sure I'll end up throwing it out with the TRASH, I'm not even going to recycle it. It will go in the the Trash DUMP. Never again will I buy a Nautilus product.

Its a shame that the company can be so misleading on their "Power Rod Warranty" in the major component that makes the unit work. If they would have just come out an said - Warranty does not apply to limp or weak rods and that you will experience loss in about 2 years with normal wear and tear, I doubt many people would have purchased this product. Believe me they will go limp on you! and it sucks it's $400 to replace your rod bank. It's just some plastic crap anyway. I deal in customer service issues all the time - make it right or make it better, problem solved!

Back