Body/Skin Care

AnnSparks

Hello everyone. So I come to you guys with a question of what you do to take care of your skin and keep it looking nice?

As a kid, I never cared about this and my mom also never taught me anything about it. So now, at 22, I'm at a bit of a loss.

My skin on my legs and arms (sometimes face) tends to be dry and not smooth. Only thing I can think of to cure this is lotion all the time.
My face is always oily or dry. Usually just dry on the forehead and side of the mouth/chin area. The rest tends to be oily. I know washing my face should help, but it's hard to find a product that doesn't make my skin more oily or more dry later. And what's the best way of getting rid of black heads? I've tried some stuff that doesn't work very well.
And the biggest one, how do you tame/get rid of acne? I know if I eat chocolate, that's the biggest trigger. So as long as I don't eat chocolate, then it's not too bad, but never seems to want to go away entirely. And it's not just on my face either, but on other areas of the body as well. I've never had bad acne, it's just enough to be annoying lol.

I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you guys may have!

I wish I had some secret insider tip - but no, all I've got is the sad voice of experience. I am decades older than you ( :( ) and from when I was young didn't ever bother much with moisturiser etc, and I think if I had, my face would look better today.
So my advice is - go to town with moisturiser, including on your arms and legs, don't over-tan, and be gentle with your skin (no harsh astringents, no exposure to bitingly cold winter winds).
It does help to live in a high-humidity zone, I think - that "English rose" idea I am pretty sure comes from the soft English climate, versus, say, the harsh Australian one.
I can't help on the acne side, apart from the stuff you already know, i.e. avoid chocolate and fatty foods. I believe acne-prone skin does settle down a bit in your twenties, but I'm not a skin expert.

Firstly On the arms and legs yes moisturise and also an occasional exfoliating to remove dead skin . An exfoliate on your face is also a good idea . Cleanse tone and moisture your face .
i had acne for years and I tried everything. I firmly believe it’s mostly down to hormones. The good news is my skin is good now ( except for a wrinkly neck from weight loss ) but that doesn’t help you really now as I’m like Amy decades older than you . a good clean diet might help.
if it gets unbearable I would recommend a good dermatologist. I emphatise . My daughter has breakouts at her time of the month but suffers from terrible scalp . If anyone any ideas there that would be good .

Back