blonds...

hey guys and gals,

i have a friend who thinks that all non-blond women (especially minority women) are secretly resentful of blond (white) women for a variety or reasons -- the underlying reason being that blonds are overrepresented as the "ideal" image of beauty and since women relate so much of their self-worth to how attractive they are, if they aren't blond, they can't possibly be "ideal." my friend thinks that non-blonds deal with this by:

a) going blond themselves or
b) feeling resentment toward blond women (eg: "she's not really pretty, she's just blond" or calling blond women "dumb blonds" or "blond bimbos")

so, i'm wondering if you all would be willing to open up and offer your honest opinion about this issue. i'm particularly interested in finding out:

1. do you find yourself drawn to blonds? if so, why?
2. do you think that blond woman are more likely to be considered "beautiful"? for example: there are two attractive women who are both identical but one is blond and one is brunette (assuming both hair colors are suited to both women). does the blond have an advantage in the beauty game?

Last edited:
I don't think the blonde has an advantage. I like sexy readheads myself :D

1. are there any blond women out there who feel like other women resent them?

2. are them any brunettes/redheads turned blonds who've noticed a different reaction from people after your haircolor change, (men and women)?

those are the MOST beautiful women imo

you know, vietnam is the only country that i've been to where there weren't blond (or foreign) women plastered everywhere, especially in asia. i guess it's not too surprising given it's incredible history -- they are proud and have a right to be. they are so freakin' hardcore.

Last edited:
Dependent upon the inner beauty, the outer beauty can be ugly on any person: I dont have a preference on hair color, but I do have a preference on the color of the inner beauty.

Last edited:
i'm surprised to hear that so many people like brunettes. i TOTALLY imagined that the most common response would've been: "i'm attracted to all women who are hot, regardless of hair color."

any blonds out there with some insight to my last post?

growing up, i was drawn to blond women and still am to a certain extent (all my barbies and dolls were blondies! and i'm NOT blond...not even close). and, even today, i probably take notice of blonds more than brunettes when i'm walking down the street. i think that i probably look to see if they are attractive more often then i probably do if the woman is brunette. i don't necessarily think they are most beautiful women because that's just silly. any hair color, skin color etc can be attractive depending on the person. but, i think that since i'm a product of american society and i grew up in the 80's when there were a lot of blond actresses and models and few minority women or even brunettes considered "bombshells," that i am in fact, affected by that. (i'm not blaming society, just making a personal observation.)

however, i do think that times are changing, at least in america and that at this point in my life, i am more and more drawn to women of color and brunettes in the same way that i was once drawn to blonds. living abroad and traveling has also helped to broaden my perspective. if i made a list of the women who i think are really beautiful, many of them wouldn't be blond but some would be.

ok, that's my two cents for now.

Last edited:
Well, I am blonde. As a child, I was always ashamed of it. I stuck out like a sore thumb since there were so few true blondes at my school. I got teased for it too. I've never considered hair color to be a major indicator of attractiveness though. I also rarely see blondes in advertising like you said you saw. There are many more women with brown hair in the magazines.

Since I'm not sexually attracted to women, I can't say I'm "drawn" to women of any particular hair color, nor do I envy women of a particular hair color. I envy or admire other women when they have a certain air of confidence about them that I aspire to have.

Now, men on the other hand, I definitely do have a preference for hair color. Blonde guys just look weird to me. My first ex-boyfriend had long blonde hair. I put up with it, but I would have been more turned on by his looks if he had short, black or dark brown hair. My second and most recent ex-boyfriend, was the tall dark and handsome type. He was half Arabic and had the most beautiful thick black hair. I definitely wouldn't choose a mate based on his hair color though. I just prefer dark hair, I don't require it.

I've never felt like other women envy my hair color, although I should since so many women get their hair colored to look like mine. I'm almost a strawberry blonde, and my hair color ranges from reddish brown underneath to very light blonde on top. I see lots of women with streaks of blonde in their hair trying to emulate what I have naturally. It seems strange to me since I grew up thinking being blonde wasn't necessarily attractive.

One funny story, one of my guy friends actually said that when he first met me he didn't think I was a natural blonde. I was quite insulted. He said I seemed to smart to be a natural blonde. Isn't that crazy?

Back