best back excercise in my opinion

Prone crunches.

When I started bouncing, I wasn't used to standing up for hours with no end. My lower back was starting to get a very annoying pain in it. I had been working out for 2 years and neglected to work my back (newbie mistake).

I started doing prone crunches with just my body weight. The very next night I went to work and had absolutely NO back pain. So I started lifting more weight with my lower back. Now I do prone crunches while holding a 45 lb weight to my chest. My lower back feels like a million bucks.

If you think you need to do prone cruches to strengthen your lower back just remember to keep PERFECT form. Back straight and keep your head up.

what exactly are prone crunches? and how are theydone? is there a website that explains how to do them? I get bad lower back pain and have been trying different types of exercises. I'd like to see if it will help with my back pain. thank you!

Think about locking your legs in place and hanging the top half (from the pelvis up)of your body over a pad. Then lift your upper body back to the standing position. Repeat 15 x's.
Thats the best I can explain it, hope that helps. If someone knows of a website that has an illustration of this excercise please post.
Thanks and good luck bro.

I used to do hypertensions, man I loved the way it made my lower back feel. Improved posture, no sore back, it was great. Maybe I should start doing them again...

I have done those and they are great. But I have another question. I don't have any muscle in my back. I didn't really notice the gaining of any muscle when I did the prone crunches....do you know of anything I can do to gain some strenght in my back?

Meghan

Hyperextensions kill my back. I try to do 4 or 5 of em, no weights, not even fully contracting and my back is ready to tap out.

Aren't prone crunches just like crunches, but standing up? You lean over, then stand up...lean over, stand up?

there is a machine in the gym at my school, and you sit on this seat with this bar to your back, and you lean backwards and it lifts weights using your back. I should really find out what the different equipment is called.. haha. But yeah, that works well for stretching and working your back muscles and it's not painful afterwards.

Best back excercise

Karky said:
i cant really find anything on prone crunches on google :S please explain detailed.
they are actually called back extensions, or hyper extensions
check it out here

however, back excersises wont work by themselves so u have to do ab work too

Back