being not tall enough

ok I am between 5'9-5'10 and 17 years old. My father is 5'7 and mum is about 160cm(doN't know that in inches)
I think it sucks...whats my chance of getting taller? Whats my chance of being 6'(183cm)
I play handball(team handball in the US) regularly for years now and I do eat carefully.
What should I do to reach my max?

Bungee!!!!

bungee.jpg

ok I am between 5'9-5'10 and 17 years old. My father is 5'7 and mum is about 160cm(doN't know that in inches)
I think it sucks...whats my chance of getting taller? Whats my chance of being 6'(183cm)
I play handball(team handball in the US) regularly for years now and I do eat carefully.

Other than some very radical bone-lengthening surgery which no legitimate doctor would perform for you, you are at the mercy of genetics and dumb luck.

It is entirely possible that you will hit 6'0" even though your dad is 5'7" and mum is 5'3", but probably not likely.

So, learn to live with what you have. Personally, I am 6' and would have liked to have been 6'4" so the grass is always greener on the other side.

I think you grow taller as you train.

I gained about 1 inch in height. I don't know how, either.

It is well known that famous weight lifters gain height as they train and gain mass.

If you're talking about growing 3, 5 more inches, then it will be unlikely. I don't know the scientific stuff behind it.

Its akin to your unit size. You're stuck with what God gave you.

Unfortunately I'm cursed to carry around this 12" thing everyday.:)

ok I am between 5'9-5'10 and 17 years old.

My father is 5'7

and mum is about 160cm(doN't know that in inches)

You're still 17......so, may you may still have a chance to grow a bit more.

That aside, what's wrong with being " between 5'9-5'10 " anyway ?

If I recall correctly,5'9-5'10 is pretty much the average height for most men in the U.S. anyway ....so you're not exactly ' vertically challenged ' :)

Besides, it could be worse.......you could of been only 5'7" by now ;)

Go live somewhere where there are really short people everywhere you go, like South India. I felt like a freak growing up here, and I'm 5'4". xD

Why are you so worried about your height?.

My BF is 5'8" and that doesn't bother me at all, mostly because I'm shorter than he is ;)

Ok, FYI: I'm a girl (hetero) and I thought you might be interested in a girl's opinion on all this;
1. you're only 17; might still grow
2. if you're with a girl who defines you judging from your height; lose her quickly! There are far less superficial girls out there and BTW: you're technically still tall at 5'10''; AND you can go to the gym and get seriously ripped ;) !
3. Height is a thing that can't be controlled; but there are a million and more things that can be; skin, hair, FINGERNAILS!!!, shape, condition, muscle mass, etc...!!

And ONE last thing; I'm a 5'10-girl and I feel like a freak as well... wish I were smaller... what do you think of tall girls, generally? Is there a problem if I date someone who's, say, "only" 5'11''??

Don't lose your selfesteem over this; you're not "small"!!!!!

Nothing wrong with being of average american height. Nothing is really gonna make you taller, you just wont be playing basketball:cool:

Seriously, im 5'9 1/2" on a good day, and i do just fine. Even had dated 5'7" girls who like to wear heals, they didnt have a problem with it and neither did I. Its all about personality, height doesnt make a person.

just remember.. if u can't grow taller..grow wider :)

Back