ATTN All Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korrie

I would like to encourage you all to start greeting our newcomers. If you'll take a look through the newcomers introductions, there are often upwards of 44 or more views and maybe one reply! I think it sends the wrong message to new people and maybe we would keep more of them if they were greeted and not ignored....now, I'm also speaking to myself here, not just you guys...but I think as a whole we need to do a better job.

Thanks!

Hello Korrie!
As a new member, I like what you have written immensely. I too have issues, but a bit skeptical about asking here. But I thought that I must read a bit more. Maybe what I want to know is already there. Thank you so much for thinking for newcomers. :)

your welcome :D

Yea, i've been a newbie before on other forums, and I know how not getting any responce can make you feel like no one cares....but I realize that it is hard sometimes to welcome the newcomers because your new, and no one knows you yet...but if we all make an effort all of the newbies should get at least a few responses each.

Don't ever be afraid to post a question! We'll do our best to help you :D

I totally agree with you Korrie! AND newbies need to return the favor by visiting the diaries of the people who have visited them. It's no fun to always go to someone else's diary and never get the favor returned. I think this happens often with newbies (maybe completely unintentional but still happens). We ALL need to make an effort to connect with each other and support each other in our weight loss goals! Off to welcome some newbies! :leaving:

Last edited:
hey guys....i know we've started getting better and I thank you!!! but our numbers are still really low for welcoming newbies...lets keep working on it!!

Yes I agree Korrie! I will try to come into the newbie section more often as well. I know I haven't quite been on here as much, but usually I am better with the welcoming! Any problems let me know!

Jaclyn

I'm a newbie too.. I think a couple of members posted to mine.. I haven't been around the past week, but I'll head over there now and say hi to everyone!!...

i didnt post on the newbie thread, i jusmped right into my journal which got no responces... but i will admit it was a bit extensive so i probably wouldnt want to take the time to read it either lol...

yea, i'm slacking in the welcoming newbies section....i'll get back on that train.

Mom of 2....sometimes it just takes time to get your name out there....you know??? keep posting in your diary...visit other peoples diary...people will start visiting and posting, i promise!

thanks a lot for making this post. being a newcomer and getting no replies sometimes or even snotty ones, can make me change my mind. but their lucky im persistant. i wont give up. im learning a lot.

it just hurts when your new and you answer a question thats already been answered possibly a million times, and people get all aggravated. i get it, i totally do, but sometimes going through a bunch of forums gets tiring. but thats just me. i just hate when im ganged up on.

=)

i understand hun...theres ALOT of info on the forum now and it can take alot of time to go through it all....sometimes its easier to just ask the question. I've been there...and probalby will be sometime in the future too......and as much as I can say that people need to be more patient w/ each other, and they do, I can equally say that members sometimes need to get some thick skin....maybe a snotty remark came from someone that just had a really bad day, ya know?

glad your sticking around :D

thanks a lot for making this post. being a newcomer and getting no replies sometimes or even snotty ones, can make me change my mind. but their lucky im persistant. i wont give up. im learning a lot.

it just hurts when your new and you answer a question thats already been answered possibly a million times, and people get all aggravated. i get it, i totally do, but sometimes going through a bunch of forums gets tiring. but thats just me. i just hate when im ganged up on.

=)

This is partly why I am reluctant to welcome new members actually.

When asking questions, helps to use the SEARCH function before the question is just asked. It is amazing that people think their question is unique at times... therefore, think about it from this perspective, you feel like searching the forums is tiring but how about the people who answer the same questions over and over again? That isn't tiring within it self? Also, some newcomers tend to have a weird mentality that something is OWED to them as soon as they begin posting. I just don't get it sometimes.

My only advice is, if you want to lose weight, the answers are all here already... repetitively, redundantly and over and over.

This is partly why I am reluctant to welcome new members actually.

When asking questions, helps to use the SEARCH function before the question is just asked. It is amazing that people think their question is unique at times... therefore, think about it from this perspective, you feel like searching the forums is tiring but how about the people who answer the same questions over and over again? That isn't tiring within it self? Also, some newcomers tend to have a weird mentality that something is OWED to them as soon as they begin posting. I just don't get it sometimes.

My only advice is, if you want to lose weight, the answers are all here already... repetitively, redundantly and over and over.

if thats the case, then just stop all the posting and just leave the forums. whats the sense of having an open forum if all the same answers will be asked? its bound to happen.

Responses like this is why I mainly stick in the ADVANCED WEIGHT TRAINING forums. It specially states in the forum description: Things could get nasty.

Also, please note, that I said, "sometimes" questions aren't unique. I suppose what annoys me most is questions that are clearly answered in all the stickies, but are posted anyways, and then get a decent enough response and some newbie feels slighted and cops an attitude with the reply. Not at all grateful that someone even gave them a response in the first place.

Just saying.

Oh, and telling someone where to search for something shouldn't be translated as arrogant or slighted. I loathe when someone actually tries to read into tone and inflection of someone's written post over the internet, especially that of a total strangers. People who are overly sensitive might not want to use the internet as a source of advice. It's just plain dumb.

I was just making a suggestion. Not being rude. Thats thing I hate about forums. everyone gets all pissy easily. But its a risk I take. People need to calm down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back