Aruthurs Log

Male
31 years old
5ft 8
84kg

TDEE (Calculated using )

20% deficit for aggressive fat loss leaves me with 2008 cals a day.

Carbs 183g
Protien 185g
Fat 60g

Going to be training jujitsu 3 times a week. Running 2 x 4k runs a week. I'd like to get some lifting in there as well if i could. Time dependant.

Welcome aboard, Arthur. Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan set out for you there.

Today

4k run in 23 minutes

2 hours of jujitsu.

Diet was good. 2080 kcals..macros were a bit off. Need some adjusting on fat levels.

Today

Warm up and hib rebab.

Then

Bench
barx8
40x5
50x5
65x5x2

Rack Pulls ( mid shin)
bar x 10
40x5
60x5
70x5
90x5

Low rows
40 x10
40x10
40x10
40x10

Lunges
20 x10
20x10
20x10
20x10

Going to be a long road back!

Welcome!

I like all the journals that are popping up. Nice to see how other people like to better themselves.

Have you tried doing dead lifts? If your rack pulls are at your shins, you may as well just be doing deads straight off the floor. You'll see better gains overall :)

I had a 210kg deadlift at one stage. There is a reason for the light rack pulls at the moment. I'm rehabbing a hib injury and im trying not to overload anything too much at the moment. I've gotten the all clear on it so just easing back into training. Should be back to pulling from the floor in a few weeks.

I'm a big fan of varying the pull position on the deadlift. Have had great success with it in the past.

tomorrows session today

FSquat

Bar x 10
40kg x5
50kgx5
60kg x 5x2

Single Leg RDL's 15kg bells 4 x10

Seated Dumpell shoulder press
20kg bells 4 x 10

Chins
5x5

Rear lat raises
10kg bells 3 x 12

Side lat raises
10kg bells 3 x8

Wrecked today. Away all this week with work so getting sessions in early. So weak. i used to front squat 140kg FFS!!!! :) of course i was 105kg at the time :)

I used to do Aikido, which was interesting. Less chance of injury more chance of realising that given appropriate skill being twice the size of another person just means you hit the floor twice as hard.
Dance is good for giving you damage you don't always understand the source of, not done anything serious from it but woken up numerous times wondering how various things hurt and ached.

Last Night: Pitt Bros BBQ 3 meat meal

This A.M 5k run 30 minutes

I'm away with work this week.So training and diet will take a hit. Met up with some old lifting buddies last night hence the large quantities of meat :)

Run was grand this am. Went at 6:30am. The hotel looks to have some small tiny useless gym. Might see if i can get a sneaky pump session in later.

This evening

Dumbell Press 20kg 4 x 12

Low rows 50kg 4x12

Machine BNP 40kg 4 x 12

Lat pulldowns 40kg 4 x 12

Tricep pushdowns 55kg 4 x 12

Hammer curks 16kg x 4 x 12 supersetted with normal curls 14kg x4 x12

Leg raises 4 x 12

Hotel Pump session FTW

Yesterdays session today

Rack pulls bar x 10 40kg x 5 60kg x5 80kg x5 100kgx5

Bench bar x 10 40kg x5 60kg x5 70kgx5x2

Low Rows 50kg x10x4

Lungs 15kg bells x10x4

Ab wheel x12 x3

Happy enough with today. My bench never seems to really leave me. Confident enough ill move decent weight there again soon. I was always a good bencher.

Away on holidays in 10 days. So the plan for next week is to do some light back squats and pulls from the floor to see how the hip is. That should lead up nicely to me getting stuck into it when i get back.

Happy enough with today. My bench never seems to really leave me. Confident enough ill move decent weight there again soon. I was always a good bencher.

Starting to go off you now!
Long limbs, do not make for good bench press. Having dislocated my right shoulder a few times in my teens won't help either. I suck at bench big style. Always above bodyweight on singles and doubles but above that I struggle.

Back