Animated emoticons/emojis

Cate

Long term member
Does anyone else have trouble viewing animated emojis? I often have to jump out of posts as they seem to upset my nervous system. Sometimes I can just put one hand up to cover them so I can read the post, but usually, I just get out. They don't all affect me this way, & I think my eyes are sensitive or something. I have tried searching online, but couldn't find any answers. Actually the search results just wanted to show me animations about the nervous system :svengo:

No problems here. Do the ones that upset you have something in common?

Photosensitive epilepsy is when seizures are triggered by flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns. Photosensitive epilepsy is not common but it may be diagnosed when you have an EEG test. Flashing or patterned effects can make people with or without epilepsy feel disorientated, uncomfortable or unwell. This does not necessarily mean they have photosensitive epilepsy.

Photosensitive epilepsy | Epilepsy Society.

I have never been diagnosed with epilepsy or had a fit but I’ll check it out soon with my doc. Meanwhile I’ll try stopping animations in my Chrome. Thanks, Tru. They’re ok on my phone!

I have downloaded an extension to Chrome that can block them, but not sure whether I will miss some or not. I quite like a lot of the FB ones that I get from R. I'll experiment a bit I think-
:party:
Edit- I like it. I see the party, but it doesn't move :D

I have downloaded an extension to Chrome that can block them, ....

there are ways to tailor your browser so animated gifs only loop one time and then stop. it's been so long since i did this i forget how, but just Google it... i'm sure that's how i found out.

I'm so pleased that they are not going to cause problems for you now.
Be sure to let me know if there are any issues *HUGS*

Back