am I missing out on something

mehdi1

I need advice on my way of tackling my weight loss.

This is my way of losing weight.

daily I use the stationary cycle and supposedly burn 1000 calories in 1 houre.

I only have 2 meals a day which is usually;
-breakfast= cup of tea with sweetener and one slice of bread with cheese.
-dinner= around 5ish I have dinner which is like a sala with tuna, or rice with some sauce.

That was what worked for me first. I managed to drop from 220 pounds to 169 pounds.

Now I just cant loose it. I noticed I end up gaining weight of I eat normal.

I dont feel hunger though..

So I then i decided to start lifting weights in the hope to increase my metabolism.

I lift around 6 pounds in a set of 60 or so. I noticed getting muscles.

I just want to reach my goal which is 154 pounds so I can concentrate on something else.

Am i doing something wrong? What do you recommend?

You're starving yourself, that's why. Two tiny meals a day isn't going to cut it. I eat between 1400 and 1800 calories a day, and I've consistently lost 1.5 lbs a week.

daily I use the stationary cycle and supposedly burn 1000 calories in 1 houre.

For whatever this is worth... I wouldn't count on that reading at all. Usually a hard workout on a road bike on a trainer or stationary bike will burn no more than 700-800 per hour, and people who do this can't do this every day, or at least "won't", due to burnout. You can make it to 1,000 and a little beyond, but you're talking about some hardcore Lance Armstrong type of stuff. More than likely what you're really burning is nowhere close to 1,000.

I only have 2 meals a day which is usually;
-breakfast= cup of tea with sweetener and one slice of bread with cheese.
-dinner= around 5ish I have dinner which is like a sala with tuna, or rice with some sauce.

Well, if you take the "rice with some sauce" option, you're basically working out an hour a day, with your only form of protein being one slice of cheese, which is probably a max of 4 grams, and potentially less than 1 gram if you get the cheaper imitation cheese. You just can't do that. I'm not going to recommend any particular diet, but you have got to increase this. Even if you did absolutely nothing, you'd need at least 10 times that just for maintenance. Otherwise your body is breaking down your own lesser used muscles to repair the more commonly used ones that you break down. Bad, bad stuff.

You are starving!! you cannot do this to your body, you need to be eating more, now your body will hold onto anything it has left because its in starvation mode and its saying " fine if youre not gonna feel me, i will hold on to any fat you have left" you need to up your metabolism by eating 3 meals a day with 2 snacks inbetween, you need at least 1200 cals, thats what i shoot for! please, for your health, start eating more!

thanks.

i dont feel like im starving though. imma up the meals and hope this will work.

For whatever this is worth... I wouldn't count on that reading at all. Usually a hard workout on a road bike on a trainer or stationary bike will burn no more than 700-800 per hour, and people who do this can't do this every day, or at least "won't", due to burnout. You can make it to 1,000 and a little beyond, but you're talking about some hardcore Lance Armstrong type of stuff. More than likely what you're really burning is nowhere close to 1,000.

btw this is what the bike says. I do 44.5 km in 1 houre. So I cycle a constant 44.5 km an houre.

Last edited:

Back