Alligatorob's Diary

If he does maybe tell him about the previous one and ask for a professional opinion about those tests.

Marginal day, I ate too much tonight, not quite a binge, but too much. Did a lot of yardwork and felt quite tired...
I hope you get your bounce back soon. Your body has taken a bit of punishment lately. When you see your doctor & he has more information after the colonoscopy he may suggest seeing a nutritionist again.
Thanks Cate, perhaps he will. It has not been the best few months, but I think things are getting better.
If he does maybe tell him about the previous one and ask for a professional opinion about those tests.
I have already decided not to go back to the nutritionist I was seeing, she was too interested in selling her tests and supplements. Problem is she is the only one in town, but I can drive a bit or do something online I suppose...

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga529_Page_2.jpg
    Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga529_Page_2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga529_Page_1.jpg
    Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga529_Page_1.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 1
Yesterday was a better day. I went a bit under on my calories, mostly because I think my big late night snacks may have contributed to yesterday's binge. But did not decide to do so until it was late. My exercise today was limited to yardwork, but I did do a lot. Finally getting caught up on it, I think...
I didn’t think you would want to see the same one. Maybe just googling for info will be enough.
What would you expect from a nutritionist? I did find another one, but her website she does not focus either on diet or weight, but on helping improve your relationship with food. I am not sure what that has to do with nutrition... Maybe not a bad thing, but sounds more like a counselor or theripist.

Err, I agree!!
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligato530.jpg

I don't think I learned anything new from the nutritionist I went to, but it was good to know that my diet is sound. That nutritionist does sound more like a therapist. If she was near me I would go see her- kill 2 birds with one stone.
Glad you had a better day, Rob. It is now June here in Oz. I think I'm glad May is over too.

A good day, I ate well, got 2 hours and 10 minutes in at the gym, and I feel good tonight. A better day than I have had in a while, feels good.

Thanks Cate, and I am thinking about it, but don't want to waste my time or hers if it doesn't feel right.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga531_Page_2.jpg
    Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga531_Page_2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga531_Page_1.jpg
    Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga531_Page_1.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 1
Paying customers never waste a provider's time :p I get what you mean though. In my experience nutritionists go into shock when they see my list of allergies, which isn't helpful.

Today was a good day, I ate well, exercised and feel good tonight. A little tired by good.
Paying customers never waste a provider's time
Thanks LaMa, but is that really true? You are a professional payed by the hour, do you really feel that way? I am also, that's how consulting engineering works, but if I don't feel like I can accomplish anything useful I do my best to get out of assignments...
Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga61_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alliga61_Page_1.jpg

Thanks LaMa, but is that really true? You are a professional payed by the hour, do you really feel that way? I am also, that's how consulting engineering works, but if I don't feel like I can accomplish anything useful I do my best to get out of assignments...
Heh, you caught me. But someone coming to see me to help figure out whether or not I can help them isn´t wasting my time. Because I know more about my job than they do so often I´m better at judging that. If I don´t think I´ll be able to help I´ll tell them and if I do I´ll tell them what I think I might be able to help with, specifically. But that´s coming from a place of having more patients come in than we can treat. I suspect it would be different if I was having trouble making ends meet.

Yesterday was a good day, I ate well got some exercise in, and felt good. As good as it gets I guess. The RV trailer (caravan) I ordered back in February got to the dealer in Salt Lake Tuesday and I drove down to see it yesterday. It will still be a couple of weeks before its ready for pickup, but at least I know its there. It is only a 16 footer (~5 m), about as small as you can get. But it has running water, power, heat, a very small bathroom, even a small TV. Kind of a very luxurious tent environment... Got some pictures:
Caravel 3.jpgcaravel 2.jpgCaravel 1.jpg
I had literally meant I would go see her. I wish.
With the electronic sessions done now you probably can. Her website is at http://www.breatheeasynutrition.com/ Not necessarily recommending her, I know nothing about her, except what's on her website.
But that´s coming from a place of having more patients come in than we can treat. I suspect it would be different if I was having trouble making ends meet.
Good point, I guess, like you, I have been fortunate to generally have enough clients and business to keep afloat and be able to turn away a few. If things had been different, well we all do what we have to do.
1 (15).png2 (5).png

Today was a good day, I ate well, did 2 hours and 25 minutes in the gym and feel good tonight. My exercise is feeling better now, I do 3 days a week at the gym and can often do more than 2 hours. I am no longer really getting stronger, but my muscles are feeling good, and the shoulder is a lot better. On the other 4 days I do some home workout and some days just a lot of work around the house, yardwork and the like. I get at least some exercise every day. Still struggling a bit with my digestion and things, but am feeling better, slowly. I think the hernia surgery was pretty hard on me, but absolutely necessary, and I know I feel better for it.
That´s a good-looking new toy!
Thanks LaMa, it is, or will soon be, my new toy. Looking forward to getting to use it.
An Airstream, nice!
Yes, but the smallest Airstream, and not one of their higher end models. Kind of the least of the best I guess.
I hope you just love it, Rob. It sure is cute!
Thanks Cate, I am hoping so too, getting a new toy is always a bit of a risk, but I think it will be fun. I think its more bug like than cute!
Printable Nutrition Repor63_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Repor63_Page_1.jpg

I am no longer really getting stronger, but my muscles are feeling good, and the shoulder is a lot better.
Ah... the end of newbie gains. Always hurts a bit. If your training plan is set up right you should still be able to get stronger, just nowhere near as quickly.

A good day, not a gym day but I got in 35 minutes of home workout. Spoke with my doctor today, still no result from the biopsy samples taken during the colonoscopy but it was an interesting talk. I asked him about my diet and he said it was more or less the same as his. He has lost about 50 pounds recently and had about another 50 to go. So we shared some dietary experiences, he thought I was doing fine. Did not suggest talking to a nutritionist...
Ah... the end of newbie gains. Always hurts a bit. If your training plan is set up right you should still be able to get stronger, just nowhere near as quickly.
Yep, that is where I am, but I am fine with it. I never got into the gym thing to build big muscles, just to be healthier and feel better. And I think it is working. My challenge now is to keep at it.
I honestly don’t know how you spend 2 hours in the gym but glad you are enjoying it all the same.
I probably don't exert myself as hard as some folks do, I keep moving but don't try to push it too hard most of the time. I think that helps, I have always been better at stamina than speed or strength. Never the fastest or strongest, but sometimes I can outlast others. I like the RV so far too, but since I don't actually have it I am not sure how it will go. But I am optimistic. I have always enjoyed camping, this will let me do it in much greater comfort.
Printable Nutrition Repor64_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Repor64_Page_1.jpg

Being able to swap weightloss experience with your doctor sounds like fun - or definitely interesting.

Back