Alexis: The Next Generation

I had quickly skimmed through the diaries yesterday & had pictured you dancing all evening :blush5: What sort of dancing do you do, Alexis? I love dancing, but most of it is done in the kitchen. Your food looks delicious & nutritious.
lol - My friends are both professional dancers - one with a local company here in downstate New York and the other has his own company and occasionally teaches for Alvin Ailey and Martha Graham. We had tons of fun that evening, but sadly, no dancing. I'm just not on their level. 💃

Wednesday
Spoke too soon on the energy: slept a whopping 10 hours last night and woke up feeling groggy and sleep drunk. Sleep quality wasn’t the greatest either… I wear a Fitbit Inspire 2 and my average sleep quality is around 86-88 (based on REM, deep, light sleep and periods of wakefulness. Yesterday was an 82.

Nutrition Update -
Over the past 7 days, I’ve logged an average of the following macros:
Carbohydrates: 194
Sugar: 63
Protein: 64
Fat: 59

It would be nice to get the protein up and the sugar down. For now, I’m going to focus on getting in more protein and staying away from processed sugar.

Thursday
Super busy day. Spur of the moment, we went to the Sixers game in Philly. It’s about 2.5 hours from my house and I stopped to pick him up on the way. (I live with my mom in NJ and he lives in the 765 sq ft co-op that he owns in Manhattan... we are actively planning to live together at some point in our marriage! :ROFLMAO:) I packed up work a little early and took a call from the car. Thankfully we made it in plenty of time. The game was kind of a bust (they lost by a LOT) but we had a ton of fun. Julius Erving rang the opening bell and Travis Scott was sitting courtside.

Had a lettuce wrapped Shake Shack burger at the stadium which was delicious!!!!

Exercise was just walking around the arena.

Sleep score last night was a whopping 91! We got home late and I was exhausted from all the driving.

Friday - Hauled into the city... It's exhausting going back and forth between two places. I'm planning to move more of my stuff into A's place. It's gorgeous: 10th floor co-op on 73rd and Central Park West in a pre-war, doorman-staffed building... It's also 765 sq feet... so super tiny.

Saturday - Saw the movie Dune in a theater. Great experience!
Ramen for dinner

Sunday - Heading down to Delaware to go to an open house... I'm what they call a motivated buyer!

:) I'm on 325 square foot alone and that works quite well. A friend of mine shared a same-sized apartment with her fiancé for 4 years and they still made it to the altar! Adding a baby would be rough though.

I'm fascinated by how different our worlds are. If you bought in Delaware would your husband keep his apartment & stay there during the week, while he worked? I loved NYC. It was so exciting. It was everything I imagined it to be from every movie I have ever seen set there. I can't imagine actually living there though. I tried working out the size of the apartment compared to our house in the bush in Tasmania & I think it's about a 1/4, but I am not sure. It's much bigger than we need, but I do like having that space.
I have to look up so much stuff posted by US members especially as I haven't a clue usually what sport is being spoken about. I assumed the sixers would be baseball, but I think it's basketball. Ringing the bell? I have never heard of Julius Erving or Travis Scott. It's funny how our worlds are so different. I find it fun.
I just rambled on in your diary I'm sorry, but I'll leave it here...

:) I'm on 325 square foot alone and that works quite well. A friend of mine shared a same-sized apartment with her fiancé for 4 years and they still made it to the altar! Adding a baby would be rough though.
It's true. We could definitely make 765 work if it was just the two of us... but things like working from home and a "gummy bear" on the way definitely add to the challenge. We both need quiet rooms to take work calls. I can't even imagine what that will look like once the lil one gets here.

I'm fascinated by how different our worlds are. If you bought in Delaware would your husband keep his apartment & stay there during the week, while he worked? I loved NYC. It was so exciting. It was everything I imagined it to be from every movie I have ever seen set there. I can't imagine actually living there though. I tried working out the size of the apartment compared to our house in the bush in Tasmania & I think it's about a 1/4, but I am not sure. It's much bigger than we need, but I do like having that space.
I have to look up so much stuff posted by US members especially as I haven't a clue usually what sport is being spoken about. I assumed the sixers would be baseball, but I think it's basketball. Ringing the bell? I have never heard of Julius Erving or Travis Scott. It's funny how our worlds are so different. I find it fun.
I just rambled on in your diary I'm sorry, but I'll leave it here...

Ahhh!!! I love hearing about your world, Cate! I love living in Manhattan! The energy is unparalleled. It's super convenient once you're in and settled because everything you need is all on your block. Not sure we could afford to keep the manhattan co-op if we bought in Delaware, but that would be lovely if we could...
Yes indeed, the Sixers are basketball. They have a tradition of a well-known Philly personality "ringing the bell" to start the game. The Liberty Bell is a Philly landmark.

~~~
In Delaware staying with A's dad. He has a spacious 3 bedroom condo in a suburb community and it's nice to spend time with him in an actual home. Only trouble is that the bed in the spare room is a twin and can only fit one of us comfortably.

Still feeling pretty decent, but struggling to get in enough protein! I had an egg white omelette (14 grams) and a Quest bar (21 grams). That's only 35 grams and my goal is 74... Hoping to have a burger tonight as well. It's a challenge!

I hope you can hang onto the Manhattan apartment 🤞
I struggle to get enough protein too but never cut out egg yolks. They are so nutritious. I know they bump the calories & fat up, but most of an egg's nutrition is in the yolk.
Do you like Low Cut Connie & if so have you ever seen them? I love their music!

I hope you can hang onto the Manhattan apartment 🤞
I struggle to get enough protein too but never cut out egg yolks. They are so nutritious. I know they bump the calories & fat up, but most of an egg's nutrition is in the yolk.
Do you like Low Cut Connie & if so have you ever seen them? I love their music!
He wants to hang on to the Manhattan apt too! lol I have never heard of Low Cut Connie, but looks like they are Philly natives! Very cool!

I probably should have mentioned the Philly connection. I would love to go see them. It would be a very lively show.

Hey Alexis, congratulations on the marriage, pregnancy, and all the good things that have happened to you over the last while! It's my dream to live in New York at some stage! I love the energy there.

Hey Alexis, congratulations on the marriage, pregnancy, and all the good things that have happened to you over the last while! It's my dream to live in New York at some stage! I love the energy there.
Thank you!!! It's been a looong time coming, but worth (most of) the heartbreak and duds along the way! I hope you can live in New York. It really is amazing.

I probably should have mentioned the Philly connection. I would love to go see them. It would be a very lively show.
Looks like a very lively group for sure!

~~~
House we visited in Delaware is already under contract. It was priced VERY competitively and the sellers were very motivated to sell. We know we're not ready to buy, but it's still interesting to check out the market.

I came back to NJ early yesterday morning (Tuesday). It's now Wednesday afternoon and I'm heading back into the city and hoping to make it in time for a 6PM showing of the movie Belfast. I'm exhausted, but excited to see the movie. I do it to myself by trying to cram in so many activities. Sheesh!

Also picked up a blood glucose monitor to measure my sugar numbers. I'm determined to pass the 1 hour glucose test between 20-24 weeks. Best way to prepare is to eat a healthy diet right now. :rolleyes: That's what I'm aiming to do!

House we visited in Delaware is already under contract. It was priced VERY competitively and the sellers were very motivated to sell. We know we're not ready to buy, but it's still interesting to check out the market.
Maybe you'll be able to hang onto that apartment after all 🤞
Also picked up a blood glucose monitor to measure my sugar numbers. I'm determined to pass the 1 hour glucose test between 20-24 weeks. Best way to prepare is to eat a healthy diet right now. :rolleyes: That's what I'm aiming to do!
You can do it :)

OMG the bone crushing exhaustion...
Happy, but exhausted.
Thursday was a work/home day. Both A and I worked from home. He woke up at 6AM and I laid in bed until 9AM. Thankfully, my work is flexible and I know what I need to get done.

After work, I went down and joined the gym next to A's building. It's a NYSC, so more expensive than what I paid in NJ, but super convenient to be able to roll out of bed and go to the gym. Realistically I use the treadmill 95% of the time, but it's nice to have the option to use weights at some point.

Had corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Friday -
Back to Philly/Delaware - Sixers vs Mavericks. Sixers pulled off a fantastic win, which was encouraging after such heart-stealing losses.

Saturday -
Slept in until close to 9:30AM!
Went out and got coffee/breakfast with A
Now planning the rest of my day... I try to save up and buy as many of my household supplies in Delaware as possible, since there is no sales tax down here. It's freaking amazing and I can't wait to live here...

I'll have to start barracking for the Sixers. Go the Sixers!
No sales tax in Delaware. That does sound like a good reason to live there.

I'll have to start barracking for the Sixers. Go the Sixers!
No sales tax in Delaware. That does sound like a good reason to live there.
I would be honored if you started barracking for the Sixers. They pulled off a pretty amazing win on Monday.
And yes, no sales tax is pretty wonderful.

Hope you got what you needed in Delaware. :)
lol - I DID get what I needed!!! Peace and quiet and open space. LOVE it!!!

~~~
Back in the city for the work week. I really enjoy living here with A. Glad I joined the gym as well.

New concern has emerged on the horizon. A. drove my car to work today and when he came home he let me know that the engine did a shuddering thing and the “check engine” light started blinking. My car is a 2004 Toyota Camry with more than 215k miles on it and we’ve been driving it back and forth to Delaware, so I know that the additional miles are certainly a factor. It’s going to be an expensive repair and I just put a chunk of money into repairs at the end of last year. I was hoping that it might last a little longer, but that’s where we are right now.

I haven’t really had a chance to speak with him about it yet. Here’s hoping he brings it up and has a solution.

Oh no, sorry to hear about the car. Hope you get it sorted.

Back