70 pounds, your going down!

Mikay said:
12lbs in 3 weeks :) thanks for telling us lol i feel motivated. i wonder how week 4 will go o_O

Yea it is nice. I really think the reason I'm losing so much tho is because all I ever used to eat was crap. It was fast food 24/7 and if I ate at home it was like 2 big ham sandwiches with lots of mayo and cheese and dorritos. So yea. Major major diet change, and on top of that I'm making my exercise consistant throughout the week. When I used to just maybe exercise once every 2 weeks, if that. So the calories my body was used to is in shock and probably thinks I'm dieing with the lower intake I've started to take in :p lol. But staying motivated is the hard part, but it definately makes it easy when the pounds keep coming off.

I was just like you five years ago. 5'9", 270, living in Toledo. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to move out west to California. The combination of weather and constant exposure to a plethora of beatiful women provided ample motivation to get fit. Through a combination of nightly skating and a freeweight and yoga routine, I lost about 70lbs. I then moved to St. Louis(Bay Area wayyy too expensive for struggling college student) and am up to 230. My biggest advice is to stick with it, don't let weather get you down, and for the love of god don't get lazy! As for me, I am back on the wagon. I will be making my own diary soon, probably today, time permitting. Good luck Loosit! We are all rooting for you!

Well, I haven't been posting much, but my diet is staying about the same as well as the exercise. Another weigh in tommorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Well weigh in day was good and bad. Bad because I didn't lose anything this week, but good because I didn't gain. 258 is where I'm at. I'm guessing that its partially from my body adjusting and from the weight training where I am gaining the muscle. Hopefully thats it.

Your body will always hit highs and lows, gains and loses, as it adapts and rebuilds itself. You are making progress, stick to it and remember it isnt healthy to just drop a ton of weight real quick, controlled progress like you are achieving is the right way to go.

Keep it up!

Okay, So this whole past week, I have been, not eating very well. My breakfast and lunches have been good. But my dinner has been like some type of fast food. And I have been really lax on my exercise. But part of it wasnt my fault since it got to butt freezing cold weather and it snowed a few days. But anyway, when I weighed in yesterday, I expected to see that I had gained weight. To my suprise, I had lost another pound. So that puts me at 257. Back on track tho for this week. I rode the farthest I've rode so far on my bike yesterday, and that was 15 miles. It felt great. If I can keep this pace up at least 3 times a week, I think my weight will continue to drop off.

Wow very nice! do you lift at all? Im at 270 right now, just like your starting weight and my goal is yours too! Just want know about how much calories you taking in per day? and wow 15 miles? you crazy! haha nice very nice

D15BT said:
Wow very nice! do you lift at all? Im at 270 right now, just like your starting weight and my goal is yours too! Just want know about how much calories you taking in per day? and wow 15 miles? you crazy! haha nice very nice
Yes, I do some weight training during the week. Usually once maybe twice a week. Nothing to intense, just strictly a fat burning routine. Calories I take in anywhere from 1500-2000 on a good day. Maybe 2500 on a bad one. A 15 mile bike ride does seem like alot, but really it isnt. I would like to know roughly how many calories I am buring by doing this, but I don't know a formula to do it with. All I know is that it is working so I'm gonna keep on truckin and make it to 30 miles one of these days.

Okay. It's time to start posting my food and exercise again, so for today it is so far. . .

Breakfast- Bowl of oatmeal w/ raisens and a bannana
Lunch- Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat w/ mustard, pretzels, and a bag of carrots.
Dinner-Rice with mixed veggies and teriaki sauce, and the I got a wild hair up my ass and went to buger king and got 2 cheeseburgers, grrr.
Snack-1 egg
Exercise-None

Last edited:
Nice, 30 miles on bike! that would take like 4 hours haha. your calorie intake is right on thats what im spost to be eating and will start monday thanks!

Your calorie loss on your bike really depends on how hard you push it. A 15 mile bike ride at a leasurly pace, not very many at all. Consider when you run compared to when you bike: How does your breating and heart rate compare to a run? I know when I bike, I push myself as hard as I possibly can because it is such an inferior workout, I also spend about 2 times as long on the bike.

The key is getting your heart rate in the target zone for yourself. I doubt you will get too high on a bike, so no need to worry about that, but from my experience, its very easy to not get it nearly high enough.

Steaksauce said:
Your calorie loss on your bike really depends on how hard you push it. A 15 mile bike ride at a leasurly pace, not very many at all. Consider when you run compared to when you bike: How does your breating and heart rate compare to a run? I know when I bike, I push myself as hard as I possibly can because it is such an inferior workout, I also spend about 2 times as long on the bike.

The key is getting your heart rate in the target zone for yourself. I doubt you will get too high on a bike, so no need to worry about that, but from my experience, its very easy to not get it nearly high enough.
Oh trust me, my heartrate is up. Throughout most of my ride, I am nearly out of breath. The only time Im not is when my heartrate gets a brake around the city when I have to wait for crosswalks. And I'd have to disagree with you, even a 15 mile bike ride at a leisurley pace would probably burn between 500-700 calories at least. Yes, not comparable to a 15 mile run, but Id like to meet someone who does that everyday.

Last edited:
Friday, February 10th

Meals today

Breakfast- Oatmeal w/ raisens
Snack- Hard Boiled egg
Lunch- Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat w/ mustard, carrots, and a pretzles
Dinner-?
Exercise-?

Wow, I just skimmed through this diary, and this sounds like me about 18months ago. I was 5'6 and 290, and dropped down to 230, now I've started back up and on my way down to 200. Currently Im shifting between 224-225 for the past couple of days. Good Luck. If I get some time, I may start up a diary to keep me motivated and just to track changes.

Back