6 weeks after gastric balloon trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyLegend

I'm currently participating in a new gastric balloon trial, and had my procedure last month. I'm now on my 6th week, and I feel like crap! I'm barely eating, and probably only consuming less than 500 calories a day. Mostly protein shakes like Ensure. I'm so sick of them honestly, but seems to be the only thing that could coat my stomach when I get hungry. My body has been rejecting so many different foods, and even looking at them makes me want to throw up. I throw up pretty much everyday, I have bad gas, and constantly burping. So far I have lost a total of 33 lbs. I went from 203lbs to 170lbs in 6 weeks which is not very healthy I don't think. I laugh when my dietician to set up a goal to exercise twice a week. I thought she was crazy since I'm barely working out and I'm losing too much weight.

You should not be in this gastric balloon trial. Your weight is too low for participation. You are in the overweight range but not in the obese range. Overweight individuals should not be taking part in such procedures.

Well I am only 5'4 and weight over 203lbs which is considered obese! The trial required people who are only 33-40 bmi, and that's why I qualified. They weren't looking for people who are overly obese. They were only looking for people who are overweight with no previous surgeries. For someone who is only 5'4. My weight should be around 140lbs not 203lbs. The only positive side I can say about this weight loss is I'm now off my high cholesterol and diabetes medication.

Well, I'm considered obese too when it comes to BMI but I don't think I am. I just have a lot of concerns with all of your symptoms. This all can't be good for your body.

Well it was either lose weight or suffer health problems. My blood pressure was dangerously high according to my Doctor, and my cholesterol and diabetes was out of control. My cousins died recently of heart attacks, and my aunt died of complications of diabetes. Either way, both are not good. I felt like crap when I was a fat! I couldn't breath, bend or tie my shoes!

5 more weeks, and it should be gone. The positive is I eat less and small portions only. I just have to put up with the excessive farting, belching, and vomiting. Link Removed
As long as I avoid overeating, and over drinking liquids, I can avoid vomiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back