365 Days Wedding Weight Loss

Day 4/365
As expected, another relaxed eating day although I'm thinking that part of the reason I feel like I have eaten so much is because I'm not used to eating so many lovely carbs a few days in a row.
I had 1 slice bacon, 1 sausage,1 egg and 1 slice buttered bread for breakfast. I had some pink lemonade around lunch time and then for dinner I had roasted lamb with lots of veg and 2 roasted potatoes. I snacked on wine...
Day 5 I'm back home so will be back on track after a fun weekend. Not a great introduction to my renewed dieting commitments but as was kindly mentioned in the comments, I have plenty of time so I can enjoy a bank holiday weekend here and there.
I did go on a lovely walk on day 4 totalling 10000 steps so hopefully burned off a potatoe or two.
Hope you are all keeping well and thank you again for your kind words and encouragement. You have made it easier to continue posting despite my many sins this weekend!

R

Sounds like good day for a holiday weekend tbh. You didn't go crazy but had a little of everything you wanted. That's a healthy and sustainable way of enjoying yourself, especially with plenty of movement thrown in. Well done!

Day 5/365

I keep meaning to ask you all where you are from? I wasn't expecting all of your lovely comments of encouragement and when I have more time I look forward to contributing the same to others.

Unexpectedly, yesterday my fiance asked if we could go back to his parents for another couple of days so I am back as a guest in their house until tomorrow (wed). Usually Tuesday and Thursday are my fast days but I will have to do Wed and Fri this week. This actually suits a little better because my mums birthday is on Thursday. This week has been a totally unexpected holiday and I am just trying to go with the flow and enjoy it and then get back to business. We have had our actual holiday cancelled this summer so I suppose I will just enjoy this week as if it were the one we had originally planned.

So day 5, I arrived home in the am. I did an hour work out and then had beans (160kcal) and 3 eggs (around 200kcal) so far so good but thats when he suggested going back to his parents in the country so we ended up having pasta with them for dinner. Creamy tagliatelle with sea food (1 million calories). We spent the night and they asked us to spend another so that we can look after their dogs while they visit their daughter overnight.

For anyone interested, this weekend/week in the North of Ireland it is normal for people to spend away from their homes. It is the time of year that carries inflated tensions and often conflict regarding historical political/sectarian unrest. Usually catholics/nationalists plan to go to more rural areas or abroad to avoid exposure to this. It sounds more contentious than it is in reality - particularly as the years go on and people try to move on from the past there is less of a need for the mass exodus!

Unpleasant historical reasons but it sounds like a pleasantmodern consequence :) I live in Vienn, Austria, and am very much looking forward to spending some time with my parents and sisters early August as I haven't seen them irl since Christmas. Bloody pandemic! Fingers crossed our surge in new cases doesn't last or I may not be able to leave the country...

Unpleasant historical reasons but it sounds like a pleasantmodern consequence :) I live in Vienn, Austria, and am very much looking forward to spending some time with my parents and sisters early August as I haven't seen them irl since Christmas. Bloody pandemic! Fingers crossed our surge in new cases doesn't last or I may not be able to leave the country...

Are your family also in Austria? Hopefully you get to see them as planned. This pandemic has really helped put the most important things in perspective! My fiance was supposed to visit austria in March. I would love to visit for the skiing!

We locked down the island state fairly early (March?) & out of a population of around 515,000, we have had 228 confirmed cases & 13 deaths. Most of these deaths were people returning to Australia, many on the cruise ship, the Ruby Princess, which was allowed to dock in Sydney without people having any health checks.
We have now gone 60 days without a confirmed case. I feel it’s inevitable that figures will rise again as they are allowing some people here without screening.

We locked down the island state fairly early (March?) & out of a population of around 515,000, we have had 228 confirmed cases & 13 deaths. Most of these deaths were people returning to Australia, many on the cruise ship, the Ruby Princess, which was allowed to dock in Sydney without people having any health checks.
We have now gone 60 days without a confirmed case. I feel it’s inevitable that figures will rise again as they are allowing some people here without screening.
Thats great Cate, hoping as an island that Ireland might see similar progress but I can't see a closed border being accepted within the UK. Luckily we haven't progressed in the same way as England though.

Day 5/365

A promise to myself: the LAST day before I get back in gear.

Chowder for lunch, chicken wrap for dinner and a few snacks that are not worth mentioning

Day 6 is my first fast day of the week. I like the feeling of a reset that fasting gives me but it might take a bit more than one fast to restore my body after the last 5 days. Both prior times that I have began intermittent fasting (January and easter2019) I have kick started it by doing both of my fast days back to back. Its not something I would do every week but depending on how I feel after this fast day, I am considering doing both days together to help kick this renewed weight loss journey.

Will see how I get on and make a decision as the days go on.

R

Day 6/365

Yesterday was an easy fast day,... no cravings, no hunger and no boredom. Didn't even have tea or black coffee which has been a first for me in a few months.

As mentioned yesterday, I am thinking of doing both fast days together this week. Still undecided. I think I'm going to passively wait to see what food crosses my path and then make a decision on day 7.

Happy Thursday!
R

Happy Thursday to you!

Seems you are off to a good start, now stick with it and you will be fine.

I have not had a day without caffeine in many years...

Happy Thursday to you!

Seems you are off to a good start, now stick with it and you will be fine.

I have not had a day without caffeine in many years...

Thank you! Its a hard habit to kick but since working from home I think I realised its the break from work that is the habit rather than the caffeine!
Have a lovely weekend

day 7/365

Broke my fast around 12pm with scrambled eggs and cheese. Love cheese.

Went to my mums and ended up having some prosecco with her to celebrate her birthday. I also had some bombay mix and a meringue.

Veggie chillie for dinner.
V difficult to estimate calories for yesterday but I wouldn't assume it was a deficit.

Day 7 will be my second fast day this week. Heres hoping its as successful as Wednesday!

R

Back