Sport 100 pushup challenge

Sport Fitness
LoL for the record, after reading and posting here I had a go, today is my rest day but I just decided to give it my best shot, one set.

I'm thinking of joining the army so I always take 2 minutes at the most as the test would be. I never reach two minutes, I usually stop earlier like at 1:40. I did exactly 45 lol, so if I rested another ten seconds, I'd have probably hit 47, but my arms we're burning.

Anyhow, I'd say on my best run ever in this period, I could do 50 on an exceptional day, any higher than that seems very hard for my present state. Thumbs up to you guys that do more than 50 in one set straight.

you just have to train for that specific goal in mind. It's possible without being huge, just takes time a discipline.

sounds like a fun challenge. I never do push-ups. Just never bothered I guess. I will try next time at the gym and see what happens. I may even try at home to see if I can do at least 25 the first time. I have a shoulder replacement so I may not reach 100; so I will see how my shoulder can take the pressure.

I can get to about 55 in a row now. Takes so much work and time to increase even just 5 damn... Hard work indeed. But challenge is the only reason to live in my opinion, that's my depressed ass view... ^_^

Count me in for this!

I will put up my max later on but I would be happy to get past 20-25 on my first attempt.

25 was my failing point last night, I'm going to try and max out every time I try and hopefully over time I will build up some more strength and endurance

welcome to the challenge. I'm not sure how many people are still doing it. I fell off the wagon a couple months ago. Started casually up again last week, but only at 28

I just tried to see how long it would take me to do 100 pushups with rest and I was just under 6 minutes. First set was 45 so it seems like a good start. I may try and keep training to see if I can work my way towards a set of 100 but that seems like a very lofty goal.

Don't really do pushups as part of my normal routine. Just did 78 consecutively. Have done a hundred before though when I was training to do a planche pushup, which I failed to do after several months. Would love to be able to do planches.

A trick I learned when doing pushups is to not count every pushup, count every other pushup then just double the total. Something about that makes it easier and will immediately increase how many you can do.

Back