Sport 100 pushup challenge

Sport Fitness

allcdnboy1

Challenge: 6 week pushup challenge

Details: Try to reach 100 pushups after 6 weeks (or set your own goal)

History: I recently made a bet with a friend on who could make the greatest increase in their max pushups. I started at 38 on day one (never tried to max out before and hadn't done any sort of training for over a year, so was a bit surprised). After the 6 weeks, I managed to push out 51.

Contest is over, but I don't want to stop. Anyone feel like joining me in an attempt to reach my next goal? I figure I will do this for another 6 weeks starting Monday. Set your own goal and join me.

any updates? I started this week and started with 4 sets of 15 and then a 5th for 20. Gonna do another set before bed ...

i'm down. Though i'd be doing this along with working the 300 workout with a group of guys, and lifting in the gym a few times a week,

But i'm down! when shall we start?

Will try this challenge too as of tomorrow, sounds very fun :) I'll try find the time to post my current max over the next few days. However I have a small side injury, hopefully pushups won't effect it tho.

So far no affect on the side which is good. Got my wee brother to do the counting for me so I could focus lol. Managed 60 with a struggle and not the best posture - nice to be doing push ups again though as i've missed them.

Great idea! I've started back the gym so i got a great chance to make an improvement, will post a little later on with my current push ups and write back when i reach the extra 100 push mark!

i'm fallen off the wagon. Got pretty sick the last week and haven't had the gumption to keep up with the pushups :(

I started this when I was pretty sure I could do between 50-60 on a good day. I didn't follow the website, but just did a boatload of push-ups pretty much every day for three weeks (up to 450 in a day, 2000 in a week). I got to 72, not really "tapered"...I'm back in the weight room more often now, so have taken a break, although I am working on my bench press.

I plan on switching it up again soon...back to push-ups, especially in the summer when I don't have gym access.

Anybody succeed at this yet?

I'd be curious to know Bench Press stats for those who have managed it (keeping in mind that 100 reps is a lot about endurance, and also requires core strength).

The website seems impossibly optimistic in its progression...but I would be interested in hearing form anyone for whom it worked...expecting to hear that they had to repeat several weeks to keep progressing

New maximum of 80, a couple of days ago. I'm beginning to think it's possible.

Currently bench pressing sets of 185 * 5 @ 162 pounds BW

This is very possible to do under 2 minutes, with excellent form. I've seen plenty of Army PT studs knock it out. Keep knockin em out; stay straight; dont sag; you'll get there!

I tried it before through a little phone app.
Before training it my max was 30, then after I could just get past 40.
That took me about a month on the routine. I might try it again once I'm a bit lower body weight

well... I currently have been training Body Weight for months, and am very happy with the results, basically, Pushups, Dips and Situps.
But Honestly speaking, in One set, including few seconds break ofcourse, always in the pushup form ofcourse, no slack, like in the Army, and I can do a max of 45.

I don't understand how 100 is possible, yall must have pumped up pecs from gym I guess...

I am nearly 6 foot 2 and weight 72 kgs, no fat at all, just lean Muscle, quite defined actually now, my six pack is the best part, I admit I don't have much Pecs, maybe that's why I can only pull 45 in one max out set.

Back