100 Days

Llama is right & the extra exercise & rich food is probably showing on the scales. Your weekend sound really good :)
You were just posting as I was typing. 200g of ferrero rocher? :eek:

Yes, 200g and I can eat much more, but I bought 200 g so I ate that. If I have bought more I would have eaten more.
But I didn't eat anything else after that, so that is ok.
Today was like this...
I woke up very tired, because I cleaned my room yesterday until 2 am. I cannot explain how much I love when everything is clean. I also cooked the lunch for today.
Breakfast perfect.
I had an appointment today for my identity card here. I am going home on 28. of December and I was wondering if my card will be ready, because it is my visa practically, and I cannot travel without it. I tried to seduce a little bit the man who works for the police, and I don't know if it is because of that or that is the procedure, but it will be ready on 21. of December so I can travel calmly. I was very happy about that. On the other hand I decided to extend the contract for the room I have here. Where I live is the most beautiful square in Barcelona, I love it. And I love this apartement. I am used to it, I am really enjoying it. It is pretty expensive, I have to pay 650 euros, which is more than half of my salary as a PhD student. But it was worth it for me. So I decided to extend until 31. of July. And after I did that, they told me they have to include weekly cleaning which is 45 euros more. So, I would have to pay 695 euros. For a room. And four of us lives in this apartement. And the woman who cleans doesn't come every week. And when she does she cleans for half an hour and very badly, everything is more dirty after she comes. Because she doesn't do dry cleaning first, so all the hairs and dust just get wet and sticks everywhere. Disgusting. I clean more than her. And I know, because one friend worked for this agency, that they are paid 7 euros per hour. And we as an apartement pay 180 euros per month. That is two hours of cleaning, so 14 euros. Where does 166 euros goes? In the pocket of this girl who works for the agency. The same for deposit. They say, and they lie, that the pillow is missing, and they take 100 euros from the deposit. It happened to my ex roommates. So I didn't know what to do, it is so hard to find an apartement. Then it came to my mind that one of my friends is going to Luxemburg for 5 months as a part of her PhD. Starting from February. And I come here again 20th of January. So maybe I can live at her place. She has to ask her roommates. Of course, I will look for a new room, but it is so much easier if I know that I have a place to stay. We will see.
I came to work and we had lunch organized as the part of PhD training programm. There was a guy I really like. Also the hot guy from Cuba. I couldn't attend the session, unfortunately because it was about self-esteem and self-confidence, and I really need some guidance about that. Friend told me they discussed what they like about themselves, and the Cuban guy told he likes that he is so beautiful. As a joke of course, but ok. Then there was the third guy, whom I think likes me. And it is interesting, because all the guys I was with are like this one. Very extroverted with a lot of initiative. And I just surrender. But I would really like to be with someone who is like the first guy.
I ate a little bit of quiche and some pizza, but very little pieces. Then I ate the lunch I prepared. I was not alone today in the office, there were my Serbian friend, Greek guy, Columbian and Russian. I really like Columbian guy. I am so attracted to him. But he got married this summer, so for sure I will not have anything with him, though I am pretty sure he cheats on his wife. But, better forget him. There are some things that bother me with Russian guy, but I will write about that some other time. And some things that bother me about life, but let's leave that for later.
After work we went for drinks. Nobody could join, so in the end it was three of us, my Serbian friend, her girlfriend and me. We drank a little bit, friend got really drunk, so we left home, good, because I need time to decompress. I like to write here that is my time. Her girlfriend want us to go to Eixample, which is area famous for gay bars, and she wants me to find a girlfriend. Next time.
I didn't have dinner, but will eat arugula with tomatoes and goat cheese and some olive oil. I also have to cook for tomorrow.
So, the plan is: eat dinner, tidy room, cook for tomorrow.
Summa summarum:
- 5 tablespoons of oats, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, drizzle of honey, some raspberries, blueberries, and greek yogurt, 0% fat
- a little bit of pizza, like a few bites, and a few bites of quiche + meatballs 200g, zuchini, eggplant
- 1 plum
- vermuth, pisco sour
- arugula, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, goat cheese

Last edited:
I could not fall asleep yesterday until 3 am. And I was too tired to cook a lunch for today. So I decided I will cook it when I wake up and then go to work. But I was so tired and sleepy this morning. And I was doing everything so slowly. So I decided to work from home. That means that I work very little.
I have this pattern of behaviour. I treat myself. I buy a lot of chocolate. Then I say I will eat every day just a little bit. And I eat everything right away. Or I treat myself to working from home. Which is easier since I don't waste 2 hours in commuting, it is more comfortable, I enjoy more and I eat freshly prepared food. But then I don't work. I say I will cook in the morning, but that never happens.
So I have to be real. If I crave sweets, buy a small chocolate. Go to the office, no matter what. Cook day in advance.
I weighted myself this morning and I have 88.4 kg and this is alarming. So I have to be more strict. I will do a version of intermittent fasting. Breakfast + lunch + fruits + gazpacho + carrots with hummus + salad with goat cheese. I should be fine with this. This is more than enough food. And let's see how it goes.

I'm glad my job can't be done from home. So many temptations! Moderation is so hard but a lot of it is habit

Today I ate:
- half a glass of gazpacho
- one glass of freshly squezeed orange juice
- 3 raspberries, 3 big strawberries, 3 little figs, one very small banana, a few tablespoons of alpro yogurt with vanilla, a teaspoon of peanut butter

I bought:
- aubergine
- zuchinni
- beetroot
- young beef, one year old
- raspberries
- strawberries
- mandarins
- pear
- figs
- potatoes
- cauliflower
- freshly squezzed orange juice
- eggs
- prosciutto
- little scale to measure food

Today I will do:
- realax
- tidy my room
- think about dinner
- clean my room
- cook dinner
- plan my diet for the following 5 weeks
- plan my finance

I will report on the diet plan.

Today I ate:
- half a glass of gazpacho
- one glass of freshly squezeed orange juice
- 3 raspberries, 3 big strawberries, 3 little figs, one very small banana, a few tablespoons of alpro yogurt with vanilla, a teaspoon of peanut butter
:eek: Please tell me that was just breakfast: where's the protein? Your groceries sound lovely: enjoy your weekend!

Thanks Llama! I went out yesterday and stayed until sunrise, so I will have very calm weekend I need to rest, I really like that.
This was what I ate until the time I was writing, but I woke up at 14.00 h.
I ate more:
- 2 wasa pieces whit philadelphia cheese, half an avocado, 3 small slices of prosciutto, and two sunny side up eggs
I might eat more later, I will see.

🚨🚨🚨I have 89.5 kg!!!🚨🚨 And I am 157 cm tall. I am very overweight.
So I will start eating as suggested by a doctor from my country. It looks obvious, but it is actually pretty different than how I normally eat. I bought kitchen scale, and I will in the beggining measure everything. After some time, I will know how much I should eat.
We will have a few christmas dinners and breakfasts, but other than that I will follow her menu.

Last edited:
Ok, takes a lot of time to think through how I will eat. Then to plan. Go shopping. Measure everything. Prepare. Clean. It is a lot of work. But, I think in time it will be easier. The beginning is always the hardest.
So I make a plan until 28. of December.
Proteins:
- beef
- chicken
- pork
- fish
- eggs
- yogurt
- chickpeas
- lentils
- cream cheese
- prosciutto

I have all of this. I keep meat in the freezer. In portions. I was measuring and cutting. I have to buy more yogurt. But, I will do that on Monday.
When it comes to proteins, I have almost everything planned until 28. of Decembar.
I have to do micro planning every two days, so that everything goes smoothly, because I have to defrost two days in advance.
We will see how it will go.
Tomorrow is my official starting day.

Thanks Llama :) And thanks for keeping it real :)

The truth being said, I like to have boundaaries and rules. So when it comes to that, I think I will quite enjoy it.

Yesterday I could not fall asleep. It was 2am, when I decided to read the book I love, Spark Joy, from Marie Kondo.
I fall asleep around 3 AM, and woke up around 2 PM. I should not be going out until late. I need days to recover my sleeping schedule.

I measured everything for breakfast. Compared to how I normally eat, I should eat less oats, less peanut butter, way more yogurt, and the fruits and honey I eat just right. But breakfast was enough, I feel full. I will eat the same breakfast until 28. of Decembar. I will just vary the fruits. Today I had two small strawberries, 4 small raspberries, and 2 very small figs. It was so delicious, and nice looking. I saw from my roommate, she puts peanut butter in warm oats, so it melts. I put honey as well, it is so tatsty. I love this breakfast. It is like a dessert.

I measured this morning and I have 88.1 kg. That is whit my pijama and underwear on, so I have less. I will measure every Sunday.

I find having oats for breakfast really fills me up too. I just have to remember to soak them the night before. Planning is so important.

Oats are the best :) I cooked them. But I have some chia seeds that I want to use up, so I will be soaking them in greek yogurt and let them do their thing overnight. I agree that planning is important and it takes much more time than what I think. Way more. But ok :)

First, the good news, I have 86.9 kg. Yessss! I would have never imagined me being happy about having almost 87 kg, but ufffff... It feels so good that I escaped the dreadful 90 kg. And if I continue eating like this, and I plan to. it can just go down.

I am on my 3. day. And this makes me happy. Because I feel I have a control. I have almost everything planned for the whole 30 day, until I go home. And, at home, I plan to stick to this diet as well. But will have to plan all over again. Ok.

I would like to do some medical check up. I am not sure how it works here, but I will go to my family doctor and see. I will go on Friday. I want to check 6 things. One I can do in Serbia. And two I will do later. So I will ask for three things.

I didn't go to work today. But I will work and a lot. At least I plan to. But sometimes I do this. I am in this cocoon from Thursday. I went out on Friday, but that was it. I talked with some friends, texted, I talked with my mother and sister. So I am not completely isolated. But I was mostly in the house, except for some shopping. And it feels nice. Sometimes I really like that.

I feel this happiness, I don't know why. But, my room is tidy (not clean though, but I will clean on Saturday), I eat well and have everything planned, I slept a lot, I washed my hair with clay and will continue to do so, my scalp feels so clean and healthy, I lost some kg. I talked with some friends I love. It feels good.

I will write a little bit more about the food, and that is it. Because I can write really a lot, and I should do other things, hahaha
I have a little shop near me with fruits and vegetables, and I like it. I will buy everything there. And I buy yogurt in Lild, which is 15 min from my home. But I should do that every 8 days, so it is not a problem. And I have to buy soup, I have gazpacho near me, and it is good, and other like cream soups I have in one big market a little bit far away, and a little bit exhausting to go there. I have it also in this little store near me, but I am not sure about the price. But ok, I can go once to that far away one and buy for 10 days.

Sleeping well and eating well are the foundation for me to feel good.
Following this eating plan gives me some kind of comfort.

I am still on my regime, it goes well :) I don't crave sweets no more, which is a nice thing.
We will have a Christmas dinner on 17. We will see how it will affect me. Also on 13. we have Christmas breakfast and after work, Secret Santa, but with food.
When I stick to a plan it usually goes well, I have no problems, no cravings, nothing. But, when I have to break it, after that is like starting all over again. But I will have to learn to break and continue more easily.

Glad to hear things are a little easier for now! Maybe if you prepare your healthy food for the day after Christmas dinner before you go it'll be easier to get right back on track?

Quick update. Everything goes well. It gets easier. There is a lot of dishes to wash, and I have to plan and organize everything, but it is ok. I realised that cooking is a magic. With the right technique and some ingredients you can make a simple dish truly enjoyable. I would like to improve my cooking :) And to enjoy food even more.

I feel good, and I know why. I had a period with quite a lot of socializing, and then zero socializing, which is a winning combo for me. I have a lot of stress at work, but a good chunk of that is on me. But ok. It will get better. I will work on that.

I realised that cooking is a magic. With the right technique and some ingredients you can make a simple dish truly enjoyable. I would like to improve my cooking :) And to enjoy food even more.
That is so true! Homecooked meals are generally healthier, cheaper, AND they taste better. But they do take more time and energy...

Back