Weight-Loss 100 days without fast food challenge

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try this - I'm not big on fast food anyways, but there are times it's...convenient. If I can pack healthy snacks for my kids though, I can certainly pack an extra apple or banana for me in place of nuggets.

My eldest had his first fast food meal with his grandparents this summer - I was so proud. He threw the nuggets on the floor, ate the apple slices and the yogurt and enjoyed an apple juice box (his big treat is juice boxes).

Day 1/100 :)

Welcome SamanthaMac! Now you are one day 2 (hopefully)

Day 68 for me.
Last night I was driving back from an out of town Volleyball game (my 15 year old daughter plays)
I was by myself and passing a million fast food places. In the past this was just how many binges occurred for me.
I would pull into that drive through and order enough food for 2 people then eat it on the way home and destroy all the evidence.
Last night I drove on past them. Partly due to this challenge and partly due to the 22lbs I have lost since August.
So I claim a mini victory.

Day 2/100

Brawny, that's awesome!!! Congrats - that's not really a mini-victory, that's a pretty big one. You took a normal, run of the day habit and stopped it! And 22lbs is great - way to go!

5/100

Saturday was a bit of a challenge - my in-laws brought over Tim Hortons and then Chinese food for supper. I just explained I'm trying to lose the baby weight and I wasn't that hungry as I had been chewing on fruit/veggies all day. We did all go out for a hike in the afternoon (It's November in Atlantic Canada and I'm not in a puffy jacket yet!).

I didn't realize how much I don't really eat fast food anyway so this is awesome (for now) - it'll definitely be a bit harder when we're traveling to visit people or when my husband decides he wants something - but thankfully, he's been great about avoiding junk food with me as he's trying to get in shape too!

Cheers!

Day 12/100 - a veggie sub from subway is looking really good right now. weird comfort food, I know but - I'm slightly stressed out and Subway is delicious...

I 'll start again today because i don't think i have done very well lately. So i count today as day 1/100.

Today is day 96 for me.
I have almost done it.
I thought my local burger places would have gone bankrupt without my support!
My reward will be a double cheese burger...NOT! ...make that a new pair of walking shoes.

Even though I am speaking to pretty much an empty room....
I will say it anyway
I have completed this challenge. ( as long as I make through today lol)
I have gone 100 days without fast food.
In that time I have also never let more than 2 days go by without exercising and have dropped 24 lb.
My reward for completing the challenge will be a new pair of walking shoes. And no I don't plan to run to the drive thru window and have a monster combo meal. I will go a while longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back