Weight-Loss 10,000 Challenge!!!

Weight-Loss

Nazarath

I did a challenge like this for myself a while back and thought maybe it could be fun :D. You can count yourself (might be a pain though lol) or if you have a tedometer you can use it. The callenge is to walk 10,000 steps a day! I know it's a little late in april but if we make the challnge deadline May 17th it will be a month so :p. Anyone care to join me?? very fun and pretty easy!! (I'll admit I cheat at school :D).

for those who do the 10K steps a day -besure to add those miles to the round the world challenge... 10K is about 4 -5 miles..

Since I've been walking home from work that's what puts me over th 10K steps for the day - even with taking the long way to the bathroom in the office, and taking the long way around to the restaurants for lunch -i come no where close to 10K steps during the day - unless i walk the 5miles home.

I don't get how the average person can do 10,000 steps - it's a hell of achallenge..

Mmmkay.

Hi.
I'm Steph , and would also like to do this. I don't have a pedometer , but as soon as I can I will get one.

But for the meantime I'm going to try the count it yourself bit. I walk to school each morning - it takes about , what half an hour maybe. It should give me something to do to pass the time , then I walk around during the day also. I'm going to start carrying a little notebook around with me - then every time Ive walked someplace , whether it be the bathroom or to school , I'll jot it down, then at the end of the day I'll add it all up.
Yay!

steph - if you go to google pedometer, or or or one of them any other sites out there - you can track your mileage -without a pedometer than jsut roughly estimate that 2000-2500 steps are in a mile...

Does anyone else want to revive this challenge?

I wear a pedometer all the time and aim to do a minimum of 10,000 steps every day.

I'd join you, but I can't imagine I'll get 10,000 steps on a regular basis. Was in class today, and I walked on all my breaks. Between that and wearing the pedometer all day, I did hit 10,000 steps today. But most days, I'm at my desk. :p

Hi Phoebe

Post your results whatever they are. That way you will be aware of them and you know that the recommendation is to head towards 10,000.

If you join a 2lbs a week challenge you dont stop posting if you lose 1.9 lbs (or less) one week.

I wouldnt manage my stepcount if I was working - I can assure you of that. I need to walk vast distances to lose any weight at all.

No-one is in competition. The only prize is an improvement in an aspect of our health.

Pedometer reading:

Friday 30/11/2007 27,865 steps, 10.33 miles

===
Margaret

Well done Phoebe

Pedometer reading:

Saturday 01/12/2007 29,164 steps, 10.81 miles

===
Margaret

Bwahaha. I got it back over 10,000 today. Not much over (10,012 and I'm headed to bed), but still.

I figured when I had 7,500 earlier that the last 2,500 would be easy, but I've been aimlessly wandering the house (and aimfully putting stuff away, one piece at a time and taking the long route!) for hours trying to get them in.

Those steps around the house burn fat just as much as anywhere else. It always feels so good when it notches over 10,000.

Well done Phoebe!

You may think - Margaret does so many steps - why would 10,000 be good for her?

The answer of course is that I did zero steps per day (pretty much - I left the house once a week to go to the supermarket and that was it) until February this year.

Pedometer reading:

Sunday 02/12/2007 30,738 steps, 11.49 miles

===
Margaret

Mon 12/3 = 3,982. Still trying to figure out how to best position the pedometer - I checked towards the evening, and it wasn't reading at all. But I'd guess I didn't have more than 5,000 steps in the day. My right foot is bothering me (something weird in the muscles on the top side of my foot, right above my toes), so I wasn't trying to walk more.

the pedometer should be positioned in the m iddle part of your body, over your knee for themost accurate reading...

BUT go by mileage you know is correct (use for proof) and then walk it and adjust the stride accordingly.. -very few pedometers are totally accurate so you might have to adjust up or down accordingly.

the pedometer should be positioned in the middle part of your body, over your knee for themost accurate reading...

Ooh, thanks! :) I'll see if that helps. (I suspect the problem to be related to ill-fitting pants - I have big thighs and a smaller waist, so tend to have loose-waisted pants, and the pedometer does much better for me in my tighter-waisted pants.)

I don't care about mileage particularly; the pedometer is just a trick to get me moving more. I know that the mileage is going to be off on this one, because it doesn't let you adjust for stride length, and I have shorter-than-average legs.

Back