Cate's Diary

If you won't let me be mean to myself you can't do it to yourself either :grouphug:
A 3.5 hour drive does sound very far to this European! Best of luck with the cardiologist appointment: waiting outside as much as you can is sensible but as long as you wear your mask and they air regularly you should be fine.

If you won't let me be mean to myself you can't do it to yourself either :grouphug:
Point taken, LaMa :grouphug:
A 3.5 hour drive does sound very far to this European!
It does to me too, but not for most Australians.
Best of luck with the cardiologist appointment: waiting outside as much as you can is sensible but as long as you wear your mask and they air regularly you should be fine.
It was a good appointment, but we didn't get home until 8 pm. I have to go for a CAT scan to see if my aneurysm has grown as I haven't had one for 3 years. We actually had a really good conversation about lots of things. G drove me in & home & walked Arch while I was there & then waited in the car in the shade. I will go for the scan in the next month & have an appointment to go back in 2 months. It pays to be nice to doctor's receptionists as my next ap't will be a 9.45 am one, which is very rare. She's a real gem. The last receptionist was a dragon. He was really happy with how I'm going, diet & exercise-wise. We talked about my knee & he said once you do an injury like that it usually is a recurring one. I do think I'll give up golf. He thinks walking is great exercise & I'm inclined to agree. He also approved of the few supplements I take (D3 & Magnesium especially). Overall he was happy with my health. I just hope it hasn't grown. It was 4.2 cm 3 years ago & had grown .3 in the 3 years before that. 🤞

Thanks, LaMa. He does really listen & I think because I was his last patient of the day & actually take his advice, he seemed much more relaxed & we seemed to connect more than usual. It was an enjoyable & very informative chat. I had written out a list of medications, BP readings, weight & weight loss since Nov & supplements in case he asked, but he put his hand out & read the lot, which was how we talked about my supplements as well. I find a written list really helpful when I see any medical people as I get affected by fragrance & usually can't think straight. Staying outside was good.
I had a good day food-wise yesterday & didn't quite get up to 1200 cals as we didn't eat until after 8 pm & it had been so hot. I drank lots of water. I didn't weigh this morning as I hadn't been to the loo & couldn't be bothered. I will tomorrow. BF was 1 small piece of oat sourdough toast with 1/4 avocado & 2 eggs. Lunch will be a small salad & dinner tonight will be one venison burger with veggies. There will be cherries, grapes & pineapple somewhere in there. I have reduced my bread intake to about 3 slices a week.
We will be going to R's house on Thursday morning & staying 2 nights I think. I might take my laptop with me this time. Hopefully, he will have tidied up one of his cabins enough for us to sleep in it. I don't want him giving up his bed for us. It would be good to have a dedicated space for visitors. I might even take a bucket for use during the night. Pretend camping :)

Hi Cate, wonderful your doctor is so supportive and takes the time to talk with you. So good you love walking and your knee remains happy. I forget when your appointment for your knee is - I just remember it was such a ridiculously long time away. I hope all goes well with the CAT scan.

It sounds like food is going really well. Did R bring his cabins to his new location? Glamping sounds fun!

I'm all for writing things down for medical appointments! It's so easy to forget important things when doctors seem rushed or to blank on important details. Hope you enjoy your stay at R's new place, bucket or not. Having a designated guest cabin would be lovely.

Hi Cate, wonderful your doctor is so supportive and takes the time to talk with you. So good you love walking and your knee remains happy. I forget when your appointment for your knee is - I just remember it was such a ridiculously long time away. I hope all goes well with the CAT scan.
I am honestly starting to think I just need to not play golf. I haven't made the appointment yet. I rang today & was kept waiting for ages. I'll try again tomorrow. I don't need to have it until early March.
It sounds like food is going really well. Did R bring his cabins to his new location? Glamping sounds fun!
He did, M. It won't be glamping but that's ok with me. I'm not into any sort of glamour. Comfort is good, so I'm hoping it will be comfortable.
I'm all for writing things down for medical appointments! It's so easy to forget important things when doctors seem rushed or to blank on important details. Hope you enjoy your stay at R's new place, bucket or not. Having a designated guest cabin would be lovely.
I always do too. It's not the first time I have ended up handing over the note, so I had better make sure they are to the point. Even half a cabin would be ok, LaMa. He just has to prioritise it & he would have it looking really good.
Amazing news- D got a very good offer on his house, after only 1 week of it being on the market & has signed a contract (after talking to his partner & to me). 🤞

Thanks, LaMa.
I slept very soundly last night. It rained a little & cooled down a bit. We have a day at home today & tomorrow we'll head off early I think before it warms up too much.

Has anyone tried Wordle? I am loving it. It's not an app & there's only one puzzle a day, thank goodness. Each morning I "do" the forum. then look at my online calendar, then email, then FB (for about 10 mins only) & now I then do Wordle. Got it in 3 this morning for the first time since starting about a week ago & that was with a rookie error on my second try (forgetting that one letter was correct but in the wrong place).

We watched that on tv back in the 80s :D The media landscape has certainly changed... It´s fun to do though! This one took a LOT of thinking.

I'm glad you thought wordle was fun, LaMa. I can tell you my words now, They were funny! The first one was crave & then I forgot that c was correct, but in the wrong place & put my 2nd word as toast. Then I realised my silly mistake & was stumped until I came up with whack. So crave toast whack. Do you think my brain was trying to tell me something via wordle?
We're heading off soon & I won't get around the diaries & may not for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to meeting the new puppy!

I started out with quite (first English 5-letter word that came to mind but not very tactical with that q) and whatever came after I had it on the fourth try, I think.

Hi, folks. Sorry I didn't reply over the weekend. I took a break from being online & enjoyed it. I do spend too much time online. At home, it's ok because I have lots of time & have a routine with it.
R's puppy is adorable. Archie had to sort him out the first day as he kept trying to mount him & constantly wanting Arch to play & of course, Arch is almost 7 & is long past his puppy stage. In 2 weeks when he is vaccinated & hopefully castrated (& microchipped) he can then start puppy school.
R failed his driving test but wasn't devastated as the instructor explained that it was really only one thing that he failed at, but was an important one. He & H went back to the spot & tried working out what he should have done, but couldn't so he wanted us to go there on our way home & see if we could work it out. I checked it out on G maps & thought I could work it out & we talked about it, but when we drove there (in both cars) & R went with me for a drive & I pretended I was him & he was the instructor, we worked it out. We did a lot of driving down roads he maybe should have gone to turn around & then repeating until he was clear in his head where he went wrong & what he should have done. It seemed to really reassure him & it would have kept gnawing away at him if he couldn't work it out. The tester was keen to book him in again in only 2 weeks time & was prepared to add some time to his working day to fit him in then. He told R his driving is really good & he had seemed disappointed in having to fail him.
We had a really good couple of days. We ate very healthily but drank too much on Thursday night. I didn't get much sleep as G snored his head off.
R's cabin was quite comfortable & with electricity run across to it will be a really good spare room. I rearranged it a bit more so that you both could get in & out of bed easily. Nothing can be left within reach of the puppy in the house as he runs off with it into the yard. I'm not sure that R can learn to be tidy, but he is certainly getting some lessons. H is really pressuring him to move in together & she is very possessive & super sensitive. I'm not sure where it all comes from, but there are some real issues there. Hopefully, she will ease off a bit. He needs some time on his own & some sort of balance. I think I was a bit like that when we started going out. Feeling insecure is an awful feeling. Having a job that she hates can't help either.

Back